PDA

View Full Version : No LeBeau... Spikes calls out Lewis

BLeonard
02-12-2003, 09:59 AM
Just got this...

http://www.empiresports.com/billsreport.shtml

"I don't know yet what I'm going to do," LeBeau told the Enquirer on Tuesday.

The Bills are awaiting LeBeau’s decision but word is they do not expect to hear from him on Wednesday. Stay tuned.

From Takeo Spikes:

"I remember hearing (new coach Marvin Lewis) say at a news conference that he only wants players who want to be here and if you don't, there are 31 other teams," Spikes said. "Well, this is a prime-time situation."

Asked if his desire is to still play with another team, Spikes said, "That wouldn't be a bad idea."

-Bill

clumping platelets
02-12-2003, 10:04 AM
WE WANT SPIKES!!!

Michael82
02-12-2003, 10:17 AM
Introducing the newest member of the Buffalo Bills....

#51....Takeo Spikes!

:party:

Billz_fan
02-12-2003, 10:23 AM
LOL, Poor Marvin Lewis hasn't played a game yet and got major crap going down. Welcome to life in the Bengals organization.

Marvins taxi cab is coming into town while everyone else tries to evacuate :D

Takeo = :welcome: In Buffalo

not only would we give you the money we might hire these guys

:band: to kinda kick things off :laughter:

Pride
02-12-2003, 10:37 AM
It's sad that Lewis makes that statement (about 31 other teams) yet, they lock in Spikes and try to keep a player who wants out, around.

JefftheBillsfan
02-12-2003, 10:42 AM
The day he signs with the Bills is the day I have his jersey...

Michael82
02-12-2003, 10:53 AM
I agree! I will be in Buffalo ASAP once Takeo Spikes signs. I will get me a brand new Bills jersey with Spikes on the back! :D

venis2k1
02-12-2003, 11:06 AM
I get more and more excited about spikes lining up next to Fletch(two Pro bowlers IMHO) every day....:hubba:

Michael82
02-12-2003, 11:27 AM
Me too! :drool:

Ingtar33
02-12-2003, 11:51 AM
throw in Big Pat AND maybe Chester McGlockton to eat up blockers... oh baby!

clumping platelets
02-12-2003, 11:53 AM
:cp:

ublinkwescore
02-12-2003, 12:01 PM
Clump, I swear I knew you were gonna post that before I even scrolled down.

Judge
02-12-2003, 12:03 PM
Was Spikes the guy who tried to bodyslam Drew in the preseason and got injured instead?

clumping platelets
02-12-2003, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Clump, I swear I knew you were gonna post that before I even scrolled down.

:snicker:

WG
02-12-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by BLeonard
Just got this...

http://www.empiresports.com/billsreport.shtml

"I don't know yet what I'm going to do," LeBeau told the Enquirer on Tuesday.

The Bills are awaiting LeBeau’s decision but word is they do not expect to hear from him on Wednesday. Stay tuned.

From Takeo Spikes:

"I remember hearing (new coach Marvin Lewis) say at a news conference that he only wants players who want to be here and if you don't, there are 31 other teams," Spikes said. "Well, this is a prime-time situation."

Asked if his desire is to still play with another team, Spikes said, "That wouldn't be a bad idea."

-Bill

Too funny! He's got a point though. If Lewis isn't going to let him go after saying that, then what does that say for Lewis!

WG
02-12-2003, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Billz_fan
LOL, Poor Marvin Lewis hasn't played a game yet and got major crap going down. Welcome to life in the Bengals organization.

Marvins taxi cab is coming into town while everyone else tries to evacuate :D

Takeo = :welcome: In Buffalo

not only would we give you the money we might hire these guys

:band: to kinda kick things off :laughter:

fan,

Lewis knew exactly what he was up against when he took that job. The Bungals have been in exactly that situation before and have messed it up bigtime. Pickens, Dillon, among other lesser players. Their owner FO has been crap. I don't even know why their team is still in Cincy.

As to LeBeau, his waiting so long doesn't really give out the impression that he's champing at the bit to be here. IMO it's almost a slap in the face of Donahoe who went out on a limb to even create a position for him.

Ingtar,

presumably, what would McGlockton cost? He'd only be around for a year or two presumably as a S/T fix.

Romes
02-12-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by Wys Guy

As to LeBeau, his waiting so long doesn't really give out the impression that he's champing at the bit to be here. IMO it's almost a slap in the face of Donahoe who went out on a limb to even create a position for him.

Good point. I know I am slightly frustrated by how long LeBeau is taking.

Novacane
02-12-2003, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by BLeonard

Too funny! He's got a point though. If Lewis isn't going to let him go after saying that, then what does that say for Lewis!

IT say's that he said a lot of crap at his first press conferance just to tickle the fans ears.

Sounds like another coach I know!