PDA

View Full Version : Flutie on Wall of Fame? Yay or Nay?

blackonyx89
05-16-2006, 08:00 AM
Pretty simple question. I think he should be recognized in "saving" the Bills franchise.

So what's your take?

Ebenezer
05-16-2006, 08:00 AM
HELL FRIKKIN NO!

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-16-2006, 08:02 AM
I like Flutie, but just how did he save the Bills? And how does he deserve to be on the wall of fame? I can't even fathom why we are having this discussion.

Philagape
05-16-2006, 08:17 AM
No one deserves to get on for one good season

Ebenezer
05-16-2006, 08:18 AM
No one deserves to get on for one good season
actually, that would be one good 3/4 season.

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2006, 08:21 AM
NO WAY

The King
05-16-2006, 08:27 AM
I respect Flutie a ton. He is a BC legend, and a CFL legend but thats it. Lets not get carried away.

alohabillsfan
05-16-2006, 08:33 AM
NOPE

blackonyx89
05-16-2006, 08:40 AM
I'm just throwing it out there for you guys to comment.

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 08:43 AM
Although he did save the franchise, you get on the wall based on what you did on the field. NO!

ticatfan
05-16-2006, 08:54 AM
No.

jamze132
05-16-2006, 09:18 AM
uh... no.

djjimkelly
05-16-2006, 09:27 AM
flutie on wall of fame would mean someone would have to break into ralph at night and take name down

casdhf
05-16-2006, 09:43 AM
not even close

MVP
05-16-2006, 10:36 AM
NO!

SABURZFAN
05-16-2006, 10:58 AM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!!

ICE74129
05-16-2006, 11:06 AM
Although he did save the franchise, you get on the wall based on what you did on the field. NO!

He did NOT save this franchise. That is pure and absolute CRAP. The Bills would have had a new lease regardless of who played QB.

ICE74129
05-16-2006, 11:07 AM
HELL NO!!!!!!!!!! Exactly. Fk that millitant midget

Night Train
05-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Sorry, but he comes up short . :lol:

ticatfan
05-16-2006, 11:16 AM
He did NOT save this franchise. That is pure and absolute CRAP. The Bills would have had a new lease regardless of who played QB.
He might not have saved them, but he got alot of people talking about the bills again.

DarbyTheDinosaur
05-16-2006, 11:21 AM
Yes, absolutely...wait, what? Doug Flutie you said? Uh, sorry, I thought you said Bruce Smith or Corneilus Bennett or Shane Conlan or somebody even half deserving...but Flutie? Hell no.

I nominate this for Most Absurd Thread of The Year...

TacklingDummy
05-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Pretty simple question. I think he should be recognized in "saving" the Bills franchise.

So what's your take?

No. But there is a murderer up there so having Flutie up there would be no big deal.

If he would of started the Tenn. playoff game the Bills would of been in the Super Bowl.

Mr. Pink
05-16-2006, 11:30 AM
No. But there is a murderer up there so having Flutie up there would be no big deal.

If he would of started the Tenn. playoff game the Bills would of been in the Super Bowl.

And if the special teams coverage unit showed up, the same could be said.
When Rob left the field, I do believe the Bills were winning. Rob did his job and put the team in a position to win.

As for Flutie on the wall.....no isn't a strong enough word.

Michael82
05-16-2006, 11:37 AM
I was a big Flutie fan and believe he did "help" keep the Buffalo Bills here when they were in trouble. But he didn't do enough on the field to make it on the Wall of Fame. Hell no.

TacklingDummy
05-16-2006, 11:39 AM
When Rob left the field, I do believe the Bills were winning. Rob did his job and put the team in a position to win.

And If Rob didn't take a sack for a safety that setup another easy 7 we wouldn't of have to worry about the special teams.

BAM
05-16-2006, 11:41 AM
No way.

Flutie's cool but he isn't nearly worthy to be on the wall.

He did help save the Bills whether you want to admit it or not though.

Iehoshua
05-16-2006, 11:42 AM

:bf1:

...and probably would've won.
:mad:

Mr. Pink
05-16-2006, 11:46 AM
And If Rob didn't take a sack for a safety that setup another easy 7 we wouldn't of have to worry about the special teams.

And if the defense woulda tightened up and not allowed that "easy 7" as you call it, we wouldn't have had to worry about the music city miracle either. This can go on and on and on. Point Blank, when Rob came off the field, the Bills were in the lead.

Not that this is the right topic to discuss it, nor does it matter much anymore. You win and lose as a team, not by 1 persons performance.

Michael82
05-16-2006, 11:46 AM

:(

djjimkelly
05-16-2006, 11:54 AM
He might not have saved them, but he got alot of people talking about the bills again.

no i think he didnt allow bills the natural progression of going down after a great period not allowing us to rebuild properly. i can in fact make a huge case we are in mess we are in now becuz of flutie!!!!!!

TacklingDummy
05-16-2006, 12:00 PM

I agree.

Rob sucked so does his clone.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-16-2006, 12:19 PM
You win and lose as a team, not by 1 persons performance.

I don't agree.

HAMMER
05-16-2006, 02:15 PM

What makes you think we would have won?

GarnOFreak
05-16-2006, 02:23 PM
he just didn't play long enough for us. A coupla seasons just wouldn't be enough to put him in the same category as the other guys up there....

Dr. Lecter
05-16-2006, 02:27 PM

What was Flutie's record in the payoffs as a starter?

Do you remember his 'spectacular' performance against Miami a year earlier?

Iehoshua
05-16-2006, 02:33 PM
It's pointless to debate the what ifs, that much is agreed.

I still believe in my heart we would have won the game decisively had Flutie not had the rug pulled out from under him unjustifly. No once can prove it, but no one can disprove it either.

Mr. Pink
05-16-2006, 02:34 PM
Lecter, I believe Flutie fumbled on the Bills last offensive play of the game, which was in the red zone!

But, that's not Fluties' fault, that's the o-line that failed to block for him. But Rob Johnson getting sacked in the endzone for a safety is Robs' fault. How does that one quite work?

Jan Reimers
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
I agree, justa, he did save the franchise by jump starting sales of the new premium seats, which had just been installed as part of the Ralph's renovation. The Bills had a bogey in terms of those sales, and they would not have had to renew their lease if that number had not been met.

Still, he probably was not here long or successfully enough to merit a spot on the wall.

NC-BILLS44
05-16-2006, 02:36 PM
No.

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 02:40 PM
that's a matter of opinion. He did sell tickets, that's a FACT. Anything else you say is opinion :D.

Billsrock4life
05-16-2006, 02:41 PM
i like flutie but i dont think he should go on the wall

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 02:46 PM
And if the defense woulda tightened up and not allowed that "easy 7" as you call it, we wouldn't have had to worry about the music city miracle either. This can go on and on and on. Point Blank, when Rob came off the field, the Bills were in the lead.

Not that this is the right topic to discuss it, nor does it matter much anymore. You win and lose as a team, not by 1 persons performance.

BS! We don't know what would have happened if DF played instead of Robosack.One thing we know for sure is that, we LOST and ROB was the QB.

Here's another fact , DF was a winner and Rob was a loser.

No one knew if the bills could win with DF everytime he stepped on the field. . At least the fans and teammates knew WE HAD A CHANCE. Both fans and players knew he would give it his best and wouldn't quit.

ROB was a loser and fans and players knew it. The guy would quit on a play and couldn't wait to go home to CA and surf. With ROb we had NO chance.

Jan Reimers
05-16-2006, 02:53 PM
BS! We don't know what would have happened if DF played instead of Robosack.One thing we know for sure is that, we LOST and ROB was the QB.

No one knew if the bills could win with DF everytime he stepped on the field. . At least the fans and teammates knew WE HAD A CHANCE. Both fans and players knew he would give it his best and wouldn't quit.

ROB was a loser and fans and players knew it. The guy would quit on a play and couldn't wait to go home to CA and surf. With ROb we had NO chance.
Great post!

MikeInRoch
05-16-2006, 02:59 PM
To say with certainty that we would have won the Tennesse game and then the Super Bowl if Flutie had played is complete and utter BS.

It amazes me how much Bills fans love to hold Fluties's jock.

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 03:03 PM
To say with certainty that we would have won the Tennesse game and then the Super Bowl if Flutie had played is complete and utter BS.

It amazes me how much Bills fans love to hold Fluties's jock.

Like I said, everytime DF stepped on the field. We had a chance. When he ws the qb we always won ugly, BUT WE WON.

With Rob, we always lost a good game.

The last game they faced each other it was the same thing, the chargers won ugly and we lost to them in a hard fought game. In the end, WE LOST just like the titans game.

I'd rather win ugly.

So to say we would've won with DF against the titans is anyones guess , but I wouldn't count out that possibility. Everyone knows the team plays better when the midget is running things. Even Van Pelt had the team playing hard.

Mr. Pink
05-16-2006, 03:05 PM

So where exactly was the BS in my post?

Flutie started 1 playoff game for the Bills and lost. Johnson started one playoff game and lost. So how is Flutie a winner and Johnson a loser? And we had no chance with Rob? The same can be said with Flutie at the NFL level. How many playoff games did Flutie win as an NFL starter?

When Rob left the field vs the Titans for the last time, the Bills were leading. When Flutie Flakes left the field for the last time vs the Dolphins, the Bills were losing due to Flutie fumbling around the Phins 10 yard line. We won't mention Flutie threw a pick in the redzone to close out the first half of that Phin game either.

Is this post BS too?

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 03:14 PM
So where exactly was the BS in my post?your BS is acting like rRob played enough to win. He had 1 good drive that, was it.

Flutie started 1 playoff game for the Bills and lost. Johnson started one playoff game and lost. So how is Flutie a winner and Johnson a loser? And we had no chance with Rob? The same can be said with Flutie at the NFL level. How many playoff games did Flutie win as an NFL starter? ? check out their regular games record. Who do you think led them to the playoffs. It wasn't Rob Johnson. The bills wwere 0-4 (something like that) before Rob went down.

When Rob left the field vs the Titans for the last time, the Bills were leading. When Flutie Flakes left the field for the last time vs the Dolphins, the Bills were losing due to Flutie fumbling around the Phins 10 yard line. We won't mention Flutie threw a pick in the redzone to close out the first half of that Phin game either.

Is this post BS too? Funny, when Flutie gets sacked .it's his fault. When Rob get's sacked it's the OL. Like I siad, Flutie took the team to both playoffs. Rob couldn't even get us a regular win. THAT"S a FACT!!!

Even Ruben Brown called Rob in public a LOSER.

I'm not a Flutie flake but between him and Rob, no contest. People are talking about Fluties career and his retirement. No one even knows where Rob is these days. NUFF SAID.

Come to think of it, even Tod Collins lasted longer in the NFL than Rob :laughter:

Mr. Pink
05-16-2006, 03:28 PM
I do agree that the reason we made the playoffs was due to DF being on the field....in 1998 the Bills were 3-3 with Rob starting and 10-3 with Flutie. But the Bills lost the playoff game due to Fluties' mishandling of the football, a pick to end the first half and fumbling to end the game. Andre Reed drawing an unsportsmanlike call while arguing with a ref didn't help matters either.

In 1999 the Bills were 10-5 with Flutie at QB and 1-0 with Rob Johnson. So obviously Flutie was the one who lead the team to the playoffs both years, not debating or questioning that. However, like I said when RJ left the field for the last time in the playoffs the Bills were ahead, and when DF left the field for the last time in the playoffs the Bills trailed. Which is also just as much fact as Flutie lead the team to the playoffs both years.

Also fact is neither of the two lead us nor any other team to a playoff victory either. And no, I'm not a Johnsonite as you put, I didn't like either guy back there BUT the Bills gave up way too much to not start RJ, kinda like the predicament we have with that Losman guy now.

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 03:42 PM
I do agree that the reason we made the playoffs was due to DF being on the field....in 1998 the Bills were 3-3 with Rob starting and 10-3 with Flutie. But the Bills lost the playoff game due to Fluties' mishandling of the football, a pick to end the first half and fumbling to end the game. Andre Reed drawing an unsportsmanlike call while arguing with a ref didn't help matters either.

In 1999 the Bills were 10-5 with Flutie at QB and 1-0 with Rob Johnson. So obviously Flutie was the one who lead the team to the playoffs both years, not debating or questioning that. However, like I said when RJ left the field for the last time in the playoffs the Bills were ahead, and when DF left the field for the last time in the playoffs the Bills trailed. Which is also just as much fact as Flutie lead the team to the playoffs both years.

Also fact is neither of the two lead us nor any other team to a playoff victory either. And no, I'm not a Johnsonite as you put, I didn't like either guy back there BUT the Bills gave up way too much to not start RJ, kinda like the predicament we have with that Losman guy now.I never said Rob was the reason we lost to the titans. But for someone to say with certainty that we couldn't win with DF is not accurate. The team won with DF most of the time. The team played better with Df at qb, who's to say that the team wouldn't have played better with Df against the titans? Like I said it's a matter of opinion. One that we will never know but one things for sure. We lost. Once again it wasn't entirely his fault, but he didn't do enough wither to win it. 1 drive doesn't mean he won the game.

EDIT: since you brought up both playoffs games, Flutie threw for 365 yds agains t the fins. What did Rob do against the titans?

Marvelous
05-16-2006, 03:58 PM
Sorry, but he comes up short . :lol:
:lmao:

Mr. Cynical
05-16-2006, 04:06 PM

Agreed. He did alot more for the Bills than some people are giving credit for....but.....he doesn't deserve to be on the wall. If he had played a good 5 years here then MAAAYBEEE....but time alone would not be enough. He'd have had to put together some really good seasons first.

So, no, he doesn't deserve to be on the wall.

Hamilton Billsfan
05-16-2006, 04:25 PM
wow, 51 posts and all nays
I'll be first.......YEA!

G. Host
05-16-2006, 04:31 PM
He wasn't here long enough or do enough to deserve to make Wall of Fame
He wasn't here long enough or played enough to deserve all of the venom but it does not require reason for venom, in fact it generally requires lack of reason

The_Philster
05-16-2006, 05:52 PM
not no but hell no
But, that's not Fluties' fault, that's the o-line that failed to block for him. But Rob Johnson getting sacked in the endzone for a safety is Robs' fault. How does that one quite work?especially considering that the O-line was the walking wounded against Tennessee

justasportsfan
05-16-2006, 08:00 PM
not no but hell noespecially considering that the O-line was the walking wounded against Tennessee
excuses, Van Pelt and Flutie had the same OL and that OL looked a whole lot better than when Rob was in there.

The_Philster
05-16-2006, 08:23 PM
excuses, Van Pelt and Flutie had the same OL .
WRONG!!
If you have a tape of that game, maybe you should go watch it again. Dusty Zeigler at LT? And that's just the one I remember the easiest. When did the midget have that?
Might wanna get your facts straight before you spout off like that
:lolpoint: justa

Philagape
05-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Let Flutie go back to the Shire in peace!

guy
05-16-2006, 08:51 PM
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

TacklingDummy
05-16-2006, 10:39 PM
excuses, Van Pelt and Flutie had the same OL and that OL looked a whole lot better than when Rob was in there.

Sorta like it does now with Holcomb in there and not RJs clone.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-16-2006, 11:05 PM
Let's see for a guy who starts a QB controversey, splits the locker room in half, and wines to the coach to let him play and not being a team player and you want him on the wall of fame. :down:

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-16-2006, 11:22 PM

As for Flutie on the wall.....no isn't a strong enough word.
:goodpost:

finally somebody who agrees with me about RJ. He even brought us back to win. I was a huge RJ supporter.

clumping platelets
05-16-2006, 11:24 PM
:no:

lordofgun
05-17-2006, 01:01 AM

Flutie had his playoff chance against Miami and fumbled the game away. :down:

TacklingDummy
05-17-2006, 07:56 AM
Let's see for a guy who starts a QB controversey, splits the locker room in half, and wines to the coach to let him play and not being a team player and you want him on the wall of fame. :down:

Nobody said they wanted Rob Johnson on the Wall.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 07:59 AM
Flutie had his playoff chance against Miami and fumbled the game away. :down:
you have a point? he was sacked. with Rob at qb, we'd never be ib the playoffs in the first place.

If TD kept DF we probably wouldn't have drafted M. Williams because I'm almost sure we'd have a better record than 3-13. Then again anyone who chooses RJ over DF is stupid enough to probably give up a pick to move up and draft Mike. I should've seen the signs with regards to TD when they kept robosack. I gave him the benefit of a doubt that he was ordered by Ralph to do so.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Nobody said they wanted Rob Johnson on the Wall.
if there was a Wall of Shame, he'd be first ballot and elligible even while he was still playing with the redskins.

lordofgun
05-17-2006, 08:28 AM
you have a point? he was sacked. with Rob at qb, we'd never be ib the playoffs in the first place.

If TD kept DF we probably wouldn't have drafted M. Williams because I'm almost sure we'd have a better record than 3-13. Then again anyone who chooses RJ over DF is stupid enough to probably give up a pick to move up and draft Mike. I should've seen the signs with regards to TD when they kept robosack. I gave him the benefit of a doubt that he was ordered by Ralph to do so.
I agree Rob sucked for the most part, but a lot of people forget all those low-scoring games with Flutie at the helm. It's not like he was a great QB or anything. Maybe better than RJ, but nothing to get excited about.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 08:32 AM
I agree Rob sucked for the most part, but a lot of people forget all those low-scoring games with Flutie at the helm. It's not like he was a great QB or anything. Maybe better than RJ, but nothing to get excited about. Like I said, we won ugly with DF , but we won. I'll take an ugly win anyday. I agree , he was nothing great. He was a good back up qb. Nothing more. It's when people try to make Rob look like he even belongs to this league that's funny.

The guy made his millions with the bills and then disappeared from the face of this earth. That's how much of a warrior he was. He gave up. Tod Collins didn't give up that easily.

lordofgun
05-17-2006, 08:38 AM
Like I said, we won ugly with DF , but we won. I'll take an ugly win anyday. I agree , he was nothing great. He was a good back up qb. Nothing more. It's when people try to make Rob look like he even belongs to this league that's funny.

The guy made his millions with the bills and then disappeared from the face of this earth. That's how much of a warrior he was. He gave up. Tod Collins didn't give up that easily.
We didn't win any playoff games. And we should have won the one Flutie fumbled away.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 09:00 AM
We didn't win any playoff games. And we should have won the one Flutie fumbled away.I still would've wanted him to start against the titans.

lordofgun
05-17-2006, 09:39 AM
I still would've wanted him to start against the titans.
Why? He was playing terribly at the time.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 09:46 AM
Why? He was playing terribly at the time. Exactly. It was 'that time'. 'That time' = when teams realise how easy it is to defend the militant midget. Flutie was done at that point.

RJ didn't lose that game in fact the only reason we were in it in the end was becuase of RJ's play. BOTH DF and RJ were terrible moves buy BUTTler.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 09:51 AM
should we have kept Reich over Kelly in the sb ?

How did Rob do against the titans? Average at best. Like I said, with Flutie you knew we had a chance and the team played better for him. Even if you decide to bring up the miami game, remember he threw for 365 yds then so you can't use that for reasons to bench him against the titans.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 10:00 AM
Exactly. It was 'that time'. 'That time' = when teams realise how easy it is to defend the militant midget. Flutie was done at that point.

RJ didn't lose that game in fact the only reason we were in it in the end was becuase of RJ's play. BOTH DF and RJ were terrible moves buy BUTTler.
yeah he was sacked 6 times in that game and don't blaming the Ol that doesn't get Van Pelt sacked as often as Rob.

Funny how you always claim to be ALWAYS right and yet you are so wrong even after the fact. Rob over DF. Ha! Your credibility around here is going down the toilet.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 10:32 AM
yeah he was sacked 6 times in that game and don't blaming the Ol that doesn't get Van Pelt sacked as often as Rob.

Funny how you always claim to be ALWAYS right and yet you are so wrong even after the fact. Rob over DF. Ha! Your credibility around here is going down the toilet.

If you look at the groan stats you are leading me in that dept. So who's credibility is going down hill? that said, We played against the #1 Defense in the NFL on the road and all we had to do was stay in our lanes on the kickoff. RJ did all anyone could to win that game.

The team played better for flutie? Then again, some of that team needed to go. If you are going to go balls out for one guy and not the other, you aren't a team player and don't need to be a Buffalo Bill.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 10:46 AM
If you look at the groan stats you are leading me in that dept. So who's credibility is going down hill? that said, We played against the #1 Defense in the NFL on the road and all we had to do was stay in our lanes on the kickoff. RJ did all anyone could to win that game.

The team played better for flutie? Then again, some of that team needed to go. If you are going to go balls out for one guy and not the other, you aren't a team player and don't need to be a Buffalo Bill.

I'm not the one going around saying "i know it all" and yet you can't see how wrong you are in defending a guy who never amounted to anything in this league. The guy robbed the team blind, blasted the city of buffalo. Couldn't even make it as a 3rd stringer in this league which left to his erly demise. Yeah, you sure know it all.

I don't care if I don't have any credibility here. I'm not the one who's supposedly a high school coach who claims to know more than Marv.

Mad Bomber
05-17-2006, 10:55 AM
NO.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 11:00 AM
I'm not the one going around saying "i know it all" and yet you can't see how wrong you are in defending a guy who never amounted to anything in this league. The guy robbed the team blind, blasted the city of buffalo. Couldn't even make it as a 3rd stringer in this league which left to his erly demise. Yeah, you sure know it all.

I don't care if I don't have any credibility here. I'm not the one who's supposedly a high school coach who claims to know more than Marv.

Well yeah I do know more, but that aside...the FACTS are this....RJ led this team to a win in Tenn. Had the ST's did their job we win that game. At no point in my posts will you find I said RJ was a great QB. What I did say, and apperantly you still can't comprehend, is that ON THAT DAY he did all anyone could be asked. The ST's lost that game.

chernobylwraiths
05-17-2006, 11:07 AM

While "saved" may be a little strong, the Bills were doing poorly and only started winning again when he became the starter. With the Bills winning, more people were willing to fork up to buy tickets. If RJ stayed in as the starter, we probably don't win as many games and interest in the Bills isn't as high.

Now, if you are talking about Flutie someday in the HOF in Canton, I think that is a possiblility. CFL might not have the talent level of the NFL but it is not always about that.

chernobylwraiths
05-17-2006, 11:24 AM
We didn't win any playoff games. And we should have won the one Flutie fumbled away.

Not one of his better days, but Miami had a great defense then. On the play in question, did Flutie even have two seconds before Trace Armstrong hit him? I think DF had one INT and two fumbles on the day, but we were still in positon to tie the game at the end.

Tennesee game had a bunch of crappy calls and the Oline was terrible since both tackles were hurt. In a case where the Oline was in sad shape, you should go with the guy that is better in the pocket. Terrible decision to start RJ there.

chernobylwraiths
05-17-2006, 11:28 AM
Well yeah I do know more, but that aside...the FACTS are this....RJ led this team to a win in Tenn. Had the ST's did their job we win that game. At no point in my posts will you find I said RJ was a great QB. What I did say, and apperantly you still can't comprehend, is that ON THAT DAY he did all anyone could be asked. The ST's lost that game.

Do you know what a fact is? Fact is RJ led the team to a loss. That's when one team has more points than the other. Blaming the loss on special teams? Good one.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 11:38 AM
Well yeah I do know more, but that aside...the FACTS are this....RJ led this team to a win in Tenn. Had the ST's did their job we win that game. At no point in my posts will you find I said RJ was a great QB. What I did say, and apperantly you still can't comprehend, is that ON THAT DAY he did all anyone could be asked. The ST's lost that game. Don't talk about comprehension when the fact is we lost that game. Ask one of you high school players what the defenition of a win or loss is. I'm sure they know what it means.

Rob Johnson - Passing yards 137 13 for 26

Is this what you call leading you team to win? you must be one hell of a crappy coach.

Holcomb can do better than that and yet you have a problem with him? The more you post here the dumber your posts are. Pretty stupid logic for someone who knows it all.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 12:59 PM
Don't talk about comprehension when the fact is we lost that game. Ask one of you high school players what the defenition of a win or loss is. I'm sure they know what it means.

Rob Johnson - Passing yards 137 13 for 26

Is this what you call leading you team to win? you must be one hell of a crappy coach.

Holcomb can do better than that and yet you have a problem with him? The more you post here the dumber your posts are. Pretty stupid logic for someone who knows it all.

FACT, RJ did all that could be asked, when he left the field we had the game won. All the ST's had to do was cover one kick and stay in their lanes.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 01:00 PM
Do you know what a fact is? Fact is RJ led the team to a loss. That's when one team has more points than the other. Blaming the loss on special teams? Good one.

When RJ left the field we were winning. Cover one kick the game is over. You guys hatred of RJ is blinding you to fact.

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
FACT, RJ did all that could be asked, when he left the field we had the game won. All the ST's had to do was cover one kick and stay in their lanes.
By your logic Kelly Holcomb did everything he could do with what was asked of him since he's tossed for over 137 yards per game. It's not his fault that the D can't win games either. Stupid logic.

Fltuie threw for 365 yards against the fins, he did what was asked of him too. It's not his fault the OL couldn't block for him and the D couldn't stop the fins from scoring more pts. He had the game won. See the problem with your logic? :shakeno:

TedMock
05-17-2006, 02:18 PM
Good riddence to both those idiots. I can't believe this debate still rages on. Guess What? THEY BOTH SUCKED!!!!!!

Sure, RJ had all the talent in the world, but he was a dumbass. However, that pass to Peerless Price, with one shoe on, to set up the field goal should have been the winning play. Special teams did lose that game. Other than a few brief moments though, this guy was a total clown. Dumbest QB I've ever seen.

Flutie had several moments of excitement. He was a lot of fun, and it all resulted in continuous 3 and outs. I don't understand the love affair with this guy. I know, we had 10 wins in 1998. Big deal. Our offense, the one people claim Flutie led to wins, averaged a powerhouse 14.3 points per game. Sound like a winner to you? Didn't think so. Luckily we had a top-5 defense that scored on occassion, and a good special teams unit that year. He did give us media time, and I do appreciate that, but it's not enough to warrant his name on the wall.

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 02:44 PM
By your logic Kelly Holcomb did everything he could do with what was asked of him since he's tossed for over 137 yards per game. It's not his fault that the D can't win games either. Stupid logic.

Fltuie threw for 365 yards against the fins, he did what was asked of him too. It's not his fault the OL couldn't block for him and the D couldn't stop the fins from scoring more pts. He had the game won. See the problem with your logic? :shakeno:

When flutie left the field against Miami he had fumbled the game away. When RJ left the Bills were winning. ST's lost the game in Tenn, Flutie fumbled it away in Miami.

You can't win this, Stop the pathetic attempts to do so.

The_Philster
05-17-2006, 02:57 PM
I can't believe I'm defending Flutie but actually, he had started playing a bit better towards the end of that season

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 03:11 PM
When flutie left the field against Miami he had fumbled the game away. When RJ left the Bills were winning. ST's lost the game in Tenn, Flutie fumbled it away in Miami.

You can't win this, Stop the pathetic attempts to do so.When one throws for 365 yds ,he lost the game. When one throws for 131 yds, he won the game. Forget that there are other factors like the D and ST. :snicker:

PS My bad . he threw 10 for 26 and total of 131 yds was sacked 6 times. Anyone knows with those nos. you win games . :roflmao:

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 03:18 PM
When one throws for 365 yds ,he lost the game. When one throws for 131 yds, he won the game. Forget that there are other factors like the D and ST. :snicker:

PS My bad . he threw 10 for 26 and was sacked 6 times. Anyone knows with those nos. you win games . :roflmao:

Yes or no....When flutie left the field he had fumbled the ball away. The answer YES.

When RJ left the field he had just led the Bills on a drive that ended in a FG to give us the lead. YES.

Flutie lost the game when it was in his hands. ST lost the game in Tenn after RJ led the team down the field for the lead with 16 seconds left.

You lost this arguement before it began, but your ego just can't accept it.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2006, 03:26 PM
When one throws for 365 yds ,he lost the game. When one throws for 131 yds, he won the game. Forget that there are other factors like the D and ST. :snicker:

PS My bad . he threw 10 for 26 and total of 131 yds was sacked 6 times. Anyone knows with those nos. you win games . :roflmao:

Your stats are a tad off here...but close enough...RJ was 10-22 in that game. BUT the major point you fail to recognize...He may have been sacked 6 times but how many turnovers did that result in? 0. No picks, no fumbles.

Conversely, Flutie threw a pick in the red zone at the end of the first half, which took points off the board, whether it be 6 or 3, then fumbled when Trace Armstrong sacked him on the Bills final offensive play of the game. Flutie was sacked 3 times in this game. He also had more yards because of the ineffectiveness of the Bills run game which Thurman Thomas lead the team with 33 yards.

So you're saying you'd rather have a guy who throws for 360 yards but turns it over twice in the redzone over a guy who has a mediocre day who then in crunch time drives the team downfield and in position for what should have been the game winning field goal?

BADTHINGSMAN
05-17-2006, 03:29 PM

So what's your take?

Flutie had a good supporting cast around him.. If he took Buffalo to the AFC Title game or Super Bowl, my vote may be different.. Even in the playoffs Flutie didnt exactly shine..

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 03:30 PM
Yes or no....When flutie left the field he had fumbled the ball away. The answer YES.

When RJ left the field he had just led the Bills on a drive that ended in a FG to give us the lead. YES.

Flutie lost the game when it was in his hands. ST lost the game in Tenn after RJ led the team down the field for the lead with 16 seconds left.

You lost this arguement before it began, but your ego just can't accept it.

Rob Johnson against titans qb rating 64.8

DF against fins qb rat 90.0

:snicker:

G. Host
05-17-2006, 04:57 PM

Sound like Losman who you are talking about. :down:

justasportsfan
05-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Your stats are a tad off here...but close enough...RJ was 10-22 in that game. BUT the major point you fail to recognize...He may have been sacked 6 times but how many turnovers did that result in? 0. No picks, no fumbles.

Conversely, Flutie threw a pick in the red zone at the end of the first half, which took points off the board, whether it be 6 or 3, then fumbled when Trace Armstrong sacked him on the Bills final offensive play of the game. Flutie was sacked 3 times in this game. He also had more yards because of the ineffectiveness of the Bills run game which Thurman Thomas lead the team with 33 yards.

So you're saying you'd rather have a guy who throws for 360 yards but turns it over twice in the redzone over a guy who has a mediocre day who then in crunch time drives the team downfield and in position for what should have been the game winning field goal?
Uh no. All I'm saying is that you don't say he won us that game. If Rob had the ability to throw for more than 131 yards it may not have gone down to that last drive that won the game for the titans. If he was able to score more points then we would've won that game. we didn't win it therefore that 131 wasn't enough.

Most of his sacks were based on his stupidity to hang on to the ball. Don't tell me that losing yards instead of gaining yards doesn't not contribute to losing games . Rob was inadequate. He didn't win games.

Funny when the team wins with 10-14 points all regular season that got us in the playoffs in the first place with "W", DF didn't do enough. When Rob throws for 131 yds. and a "L" he won us the game? Haha! Stupid logic by the pop warner coach :crazy:

I'm done discussing this for now. I don't have to defend DF against Robosack anymore. The guy is a loser who couldn't even get a job as a thrid stringer. The reason why this thread is up in the first place is because people are talking about the midgets carreer. No one even cared to talk about the loser when he left the NFL.

Anyone who thinks Robosack was better needs to learn their football. Especially the one that claims to know it all. What a joke. :D

The_Philster
05-17-2006, 05:13 PM
:huh: :wtf: are you talking about?

TacklingDummy
05-17-2006, 07:05 PM

His sacks just led to a safety and another easy 7 points. Did the Bills lose by 9?

ICE74129
05-17-2006, 07:10 PM
I am with Phil WTF are you talking about? Losman did nothing like that.

YardRat
05-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Flutie doesn't belong on the wall.

blackonyx89
05-18-2006, 12:51 PM
Is he a college hall of famer?

HAMMER
05-18-2006, 01:36 PM
All I know is I saw RJ lead our offense down the field for TD's in two huge games when it mattered most, crunch time. (Tenn. HR throwup, and at San Diego vs Flutie) Only to have our ST screw it up both times. He showed poise, and amazing athleticism on both occassions. This debate has more staying power than Ron Jeremy on Viagra.

justasportsfan
05-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Rob's best game as a bill as far as I can recall was against Flutie and the chargers. He played with heart. Never gave up on aplay. I even praised him for it then. Too bad it was the only time he had the heart for 1 game because he was playing Flutie. The rest of the time he'd curl up in fetal position to take a sack instead of trying to make things happen.

Can't understand how anyone could support someone who gives up so easily and lived in a hotel by the airport so he could get the hell out of buffalo as soon as he had the chance to.

CaliFan
05-18-2006, 04:19 PM
Nay !

Historian
05-19-2006, 05:41 AM
"The plaque for the alternates is in the ladies room."-Val Kilmer, Top Gun.

blackonyx89
05-19-2006, 07:38 AM
I WANT TO THANK ALL OF THE BILLSZONE POSTERS OUT THERE FOR GETTING ME OVER THE 100 RESPONSES MARK!!!

:bigheart:

Speaker
05-19-2006, 01:46 PM
I like Doug, but he wasnt good enough to deserve the wall of fame. I think you have to have done something great for the bills to get on it.

Edit: Nay

The Natrix
05-19-2006, 06:12 PM
ummm... no.