PDA

View Full Version : Bills RBs...

Mahdi
05-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Looking at the Bills depth chart at RB I think there is a strong possibility that Shaud gets cut. Shaud was well liked by the previous coaching staff but who knows what this staff thinks of him. Plus, the competition might just be too much for him. They have already stated that they plan on using Willis' receiving abilities more on 3rd downs which was Shaud's thing, add Anthony Thomas to that mix who will spell Willis in all types of situations, Gates and even Fred Jackson from NFL Europe looks like he's a good runner and a very good receiver out of the backfield with more size than Shaud has at 6'1 210. So at the end it might just be,

Willis, Thomas, Gates, and Fred Jackson on the practice squad.

What do you guys think?

MVP
05-16-2006, 10:37 AM
I see it coming!

Night Train
05-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Williams and many other veteran backups will have trouble making this roster. Maybe even a few starters.

With a new regime, the past loyalties are gone.

madness
05-16-2006, 11:47 AM
It really depends if there is a M. Faulk role on this offense. He could be a nice receiving weapon but with so many quick receivers is that really an option? If I had to chose between him and Gates on this roster, I'd have to go with Gates.

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 11:53 AM
Why you guys so hard on Shaud Williams? I think he is a nice change of pace scat back. The guy is so quick and just gets lost behind the line. You can do alot of neat things with a player like that.

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-16-2006, 12:09 PM
Why you guys so hard on Shaud Williams? I think he is a nice change of pace scat back. The guy is so quick and just gets lost behind the line. You can do alot of neat things with a player like that.

I'll ask you the same question.....why are you so sold on Shaud Williams?

Why do we need a "change of pace" back?

Perhaps you could dream up some good plays for Shaud, but why waste the
time when we have other options who don't require their own scheme?

Our receivers can step in and run trick plays if needed.

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 12:13 PM
I'll ask you the same question.....why are you so sold on Shaud Williams?

Why do we need a "change of pace" back?

Perhaps you could dream up some good plays for Shaud, but why waste the
time when we have other options who don't require their own scheme?

Our receivers can step in and run trick plays if needed.

I thought I just told you why I like Shaud Williams doofus. I'll add that he plays alot stronger than his size, I like his effort, he is a decent blocker...

Did I mention he is quick? Speed kills.

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 12:14 PM
Think of Williams as the Bill's version of Kevin Faulk. Why do we need a change of pace back. What kind of question is that?

DaBillzAhDaShiznit
05-16-2006, 12:36 PM
I thought I just told you why I like Shaud Williams doofus. I'll add that he plays alot stronger than his size, I like his effort, he is a decent blocker...

Did I mention he is quick? Speed kills.

Doofus? How about having a little class?

I have watched every Bills game that Shaud has played in. Been to several of them in person.

I disagree that he plays stronger than his size, to me he plays right to his size, which is very undersized.

He does display good effort, and is a decent pass blocker, but that isn't enough to be an NFL runningback.

I ask you why we need a change of pace back because a change of pace back is used when your every down back is not shifty and is more of a straight ahead runner. McGahee has it all. Power, shiftiness, good field vision, good receiving skills, etc. I don't see why you need a change of pace from that.

Yes, Willis needs to be spelled. But I don't think the Bills get any benefit from Shaud's change of pace.

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 12:48 PM
Doofus? How about having a little class?

I have watched every Bills game that Shaud has played in. Been to several of them in person.

I disagree that he plays stronger than his size, to me he plays right to his size, which is very undersized.

He does display good effort, and is a decent pass blocker, but that isn't enough to be an NFL runningback.

I ask you why we need a change of pace back because a change of pace back is used when your every down back is not shifty and is more of a straight ahead runner. McGahee has it all. Power, shiftiness, good field vision, good receiving skills, etc. I don't see why you need a change of pace from that.

Yes, Willis needs to be spelled. But I don't think the Bills get any benefit from Shaud's change of pace.

What do you mean he isn't good enough to be an NFL RB? He plays in the NFL doesn't he? You see. The name "Doofus" is quite appropriate for you.

J/K There is no need for name calling. My bad. I admit that I can be quite immature at times. Alot of the time actually. In fact, if you were sitting next to me right now I'd twist your nipple really hard and then give you a wedgie.

bigbub2352
05-16-2006, 12:51 PM
Shaud Williams is horrible, no offense to drive 4 five, but his blocking is some of the worst in the league, plus he cant catch out of the backfeild, lionel gates definetly can, that is what he did in Lousiville splitting time with Eric Shelton, and anothe RB, Anthony Thomas, is very good out of the backfeild, and is all ready slotted to be number 2, so do u take Lionel 6'0 233lb or shaud 5'7 190lbs not even a choice

bigbub2352
05-16-2006, 12:52 PM
Pittsburg doesn't need a change of pace back unless u mean Willie Parker who isn't exactly small for Rb's

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Yeah after looking at his stats from last year there is nothing that stands out.

3.6 yds per carry, no scores...

Maybe I was too smashed for most of the games last year? I was expecting his YPC to be really high because it seemed he was always getting huge yards on these draw plays and stuff. Guess I was wrong.

CUT HIS ASS!!!

Drive 4 Five
05-16-2006, 12:56 PM
Shaud Williams is horrible, no offense to drive 4 five, but his blocking is some of the worst in the league, plus he cant catch out of the backfeild, lionel gates definetly can, that is what he did in Lousiville splitting time with Eric Shelton, and anothe RB, Anthony Thomas, is very good out of the backfeild, and is all ready slotted to be number 2, so do u take Lionel 6'0 233lb or shaud 5'7 190lbs not even a choice

But I quit smoking pot years ago. What the hell was I watching? I guess I need to cut back on the Corona. Start watching these games sober so I can actually know what the hell I am talking about.

evol4276
05-16-2006, 04:00 PM
I cant see the guy on the roster for much longer. I haven't had much of an opinion about him since I don't really know anything about him, but from the looks of it we have himself, freddy, gates, and just picked up a-train. someone is bound to go soon

bigbub2352
05-16-2006, 04:54 PM
i didnt quit pot smoking years ago and i go to all the home games and 1 away game, never did i see him do anything except in mop up duty against the 49ers 2 years ago, there is a reason he wasnt drafted, 4 every jason peters there are 50 shaud williams, u can get a rb like his caliber every year either in the draft or UDFA, look at courtney alexander, leon neal, derrik holmes, yonel jordain, casey bender, tim tinsdale, this year fred jackson, u dont think every team has these type players, shaud is worthless

Jan Reimers
05-18-2006, 06:47 AM
I think that McGahee, A-Train and Gates are the same kind of back, which may give Williams a chance to stay on the roster as a change of pace guy.

jamze132
05-18-2006, 06:53 AM
Maybe we can put him in a package with Bennie Anderson and trade them for an 8th round draft pick.