PDA

View Full Version : Screw the Bills right now

THATHURMANATOR
05-16-2006, 12:59 PM
Get in the Sabres Zone! :bf1:

Patrick76777
05-16-2006, 03:19 PM
Thurm, I’ve gotta agree. I live, breath and die Bills football, but right now, they’re so far in the back of my mind that I almost forget about them.

Go Sabres.

gonzo1105
05-16-2006, 03:25 PM
sorry guys I love the Bills but i'm a Penguins fan in hockey. I'm rootin for the Sabres tho in the postseason because its been long overdue for Buffalo to have a championship.

realdealryan
05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not a big NBA fan (go to a few games each year)...but the games in the last few days have been super-close and very entertaining to watch in my opinion. Better than the daily "so-and-so thinks we are making progress, but we've got a long way to go" and "he looked good in practice today" crap. I can only take so much of this before August.

jamze132
05-17-2006, 03:38 AM
Screw basketball. Watch hockey. And let me say, that I am vert excited about the success the Sabres have had thus far. I have a gut feeling that we aren't going to have too many problems with Carolina. Not taking anything away from them, but everyone thought we would get spanked by Ottawa and looked what happened. These guys are for real. And I seriously doubt that the teams in the west will be either Buffalo or Carolina for the cup.

GO SABRES!!!!! oh, and screw basketball.

Jan Reimers
05-17-2006, 04:11 AM
I love what the Sabres are doing and am going to try to get to Raleigh for at least one playoff game. My son and I went to two Sabre-Canes games during the regular season, and the Canes are pretty good. But I think we're better.

ddaryl
05-17-2006, 04:42 AM
at this junction the Sabres represent Buffalo. The Bills have lost touch with the community, but this is the fault of the last GM who built an under achieving team.

If the Sabres can win this the cup I can die a happy man knowing one of my beloved franchises finally won the big one.

I don't see how any person can be a Bills fan and not a Sabres fan. You're either a Buffalo fan or you are not. You can't have it the other way.

Meathead
05-17-2006, 06:07 AM
buffalo bills who?

Bill Brasky
05-17-2006, 07:00 AM
at this junction the Sabres represent Buffalo. The Bills have lost touch with the community, but this is the fault of the last GM who built an under achieving team.

If the Sabres can win this the cup I can die a happy man knowing one of my beloved franchises finally won the big one.

I don't see how any person can be a Bills fan and not a Sabres fan. You're either a Buffalo fan or you are not. You can't have it the other way.

:bf1:

THATHURMANATOR
05-17-2006, 07:58 AM

:bf1:

Although many people on this board are not even from Buffalo so I can see them not being Sabres fans...

THATHURMANATOR
05-17-2006, 08:01 AM
Thurm, I’ve gotta agree. I live, breath and die Bills football, but right now, they’re so far in the back of my mind that I almost forget about them.

Go Sabres.
My buddies and I were discussing this the other day. Even back in the day when the Sabres went to the cup we would still talk Bills. Since the Bills have stunk for so long we haven't even brought them up in weeks. I am so pumped for the Sabres right now I cant believe it.

lordofgun
05-17-2006, 08:29 AM
My buddies and I were discussing this the other day. Even back in the day when the Sabres went to the cup we would still talk Bills. Since the Bills have stunk for so long we haven't even brought them up in weeks. I am so pumped for the Sabres right now I cant believe it.
My bros and I drove all the way from Elmira to Chippewa St just to see game 5 against Ottawa! The city went crazy on that OT goal! Freaking awesome.

gonzo1105
05-17-2006, 10:43 AM
i'm from ny but i'm not from Buffalo. I love the Bills always have but i'm not gonna root for a team just because of the area i'm in. I loved watching the Penguins in the old days with Jagr winning cups and i'm not bandwagon fan so i stick with em through the hard times. I'm also a Florida State fan and not a Syracuse fan and not just in football I love FSU basketball, baseball and so on.

SABURZFAN
05-17-2006, 11:29 AM
you can't beat playoff hockey.

BillyT92679
05-17-2006, 11:51 AM
Never, ever "screw" the Bills.

BillyT92679
05-17-2006, 11:54 AM
If the Bills left, and the Sabres remained, everyone outside of the Buffalo-Niagara metro area would consider it as the fatal death blow to the region.

If the converse happened and the Sabres left and the Bills remained, then most of the U.S. would not even notice. It's just the way it is. Having an NFL franchise can never, ever, be underestimated, and certainly can not be seen as not any more important than a hockey franchise.

THATHURMANATOR
05-17-2006, 11:59 AM
My bros and I drove all the way from Elmira to Chippewa St just to see game 5 against Ottawa! The city went crazy on that OT goal! Freaking awesome.
Seriously? Should have let me know! I live a couple blocks away.

THATHURMANATOR
05-17-2006, 12:00 PM
Never, ever "screw" the Bills.
You know what I meant man! How bout this. Screw Bills "talk"

Earthquake Enyart
05-17-2006, 12:02 PM
I knew what you meant, Thurm. :::

THATHURMANATOR
05-17-2006, 12:06 PM
I know but BillyT was having problems!

Saratoga Slim
05-17-2006, 12:23 PM
I'm optimistically thinking that there are a lot of parallels between the Sabres and the Bills team that Marv is trying to build. Sabres are a group of hungry, formerly unknowns who are winning b/c of character, effort, and contributions from everyone on the roster. I'd love to see the Bills put a similar team on the field.

Sabres can win this. This is sucha different situation than '99, where the Sabres were pretty much a one-pony show (hasek). they can score, they can play defense, and Ryan Miller looks REAL good for a rookie.

Kerr
05-17-2006, 12:43 PM
I hope the sabres win the stanley cup. I'm not even really into hockey, but it would give make the bills play with a chip on their shoulder as being the only pro team in B-lo not to win a championship.

The_Philster
05-17-2006, 10:06 PM
Chippewa? where at? I was down at Pearl Street til shortly after the game was over..then went to Flappy's just off Chippewa for the rest of the night

Philagape
05-17-2006, 11:32 PM
:hockey:

lordofgun
05-18-2006, 12:01 AM
Chippewa? where at? I was down at Pearl Street til shortly after the game was over..then went to Flappy's just off Chippewa for the rest of the night
Some bar with a big screen. I think there were numbers in the name.

The_Philster
05-18-2006, 04:52 AM
Can't think of the name, but I do think I've walked by one bar like that :idunno: I don't hit that many bars on Chippewa...only been to Flappy's, Crocodile, and Quote so far

THATHURMANATOR
05-18-2006, 08:42 AM
Some bar with a big screen. I think there were numbers in the name.
You were drinking Pepsis on the rock I hope!

Earthquake Enyart
05-18-2006, 08:58 AM
Can't think of the name, but I do think I've walked by one bar like that :idunno: I don't hit that many bars on Chippewa...only been to Flappy's, Crocodile, and Quote so far
Let me guess where fbh goes.... :huh:

FlyingDutchman
05-18-2006, 12:23 PM
After the way the Sabres have played against Philly and Ottawa, theres no reason not to think they can win it all. I just hope something severely dissapointing doesnt happen, like that BS goal against Dallas. Maybe, just maybe the stars are alighned (no pun intended) right so we can finally have our day in the sun! GOOOOOOOOOO SABRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

McGahee420
05-18-2006, 01:03 PM
Go Sabres!!

PUCKER
05-19-2006, 01:06 AM
I have Sabres Fever! :hockey: