PDA

View Full Version : Choices when Bills select in Rd 2

keithg
02-12-2003, 01:22 PM
:10: Position by Position: When Bills select in round 2 I would think that at least a few of the following players will still be available...notice I said a few, naturally there are many players listed that will NOT be available but the draft is a funny business and there are always guys that expect to go in the 1st round that will slide, so, without any further ado......

RB's Larry Johnson, Penn St...Chris Brown, Colo.
WR's Brandon Lloyd, Ill...Taylor Jacobs, Fla.
TE's Jason Witten, Tenn...Teyo Johnson, Stan.
OL Vince Manuwai, Hawaii...Derrick Dockery, Texas
DE's Corey Redding, Texas...Ken Peterson, Ohio St.
DT's Kevin Williams, Okla St...Jarret Johnson, Ala.
Ty Warren, Texas A&M
LB's Boss Bailey, Georgia...Gerald Hayes, Pittsburgh
LaMarcus McDonald, TCU...Antwaan Peek, Cinci.
CB's Dennis Weathersby, Ore St...Eugene Wilson, Ill
Rasheen Mathis, Beth-Cookman
S Ken Hamlin, Ark...Terrence Holt, NC St.

Unless we get a pick from another team for Peerless and move up from the 49th pick...I'll bet our first draft pick is on this page...I am bored and can't wait for FA and the draft, any comments would be appreciated.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 02:17 PM
gerald hayes would be a nice addition.. boss will be long gone.

peek would be decent too. and teyo johnson.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 02:17 PM
i will say that i dont think we can fill our DT spot via the draft and expect immediate results.

Bulldog
02-12-2003, 02:46 PM
What do you guys think about grabbing Clifton Smith from Syracuse? I personally think this guy will be a sleeper in the draft and can definately play at the next level.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 03:27 PM
i know he was a hell of a college player.. he is an ILB though i thought

Fatwhite02
02-12-2003, 03:37 PM
My hope is that teyo Johnson is still there. He'll create matchup problems and give us the first bonefied tight end since ole' Pete Metzalars.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 03:43 PM
teyo is absolutely nothing like mezalars

teyo is a wr who will be converted to a TE.. therefore his blocking will be suspect at best. he has great hands, and can run like a wr creating matchup problems...

mez was a blocker.. he was ok at catching but he was nothing special as far as being a receiver.. he was definately a good blocker though.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 03:43 PM
ps.. i like teyo too.. and hope we get him.. just thought that the comparison was off.

DraftBoy
02-12-2003, 04:05 PM
I dont want Teyo

TigerJ
02-12-2003, 08:41 PM
I'm copying your list and deleting everyone I think will probably be gone, Keith.

RB's Chris Brown, Colo.
WR's Taylor Jacobs, Fla.
TE's Teyo Johnson, Stan.
OL Vince Manuwai, Hawaii...Derrick Dockery, Texas
DE's Corey Redding, Texas
DT's Okla St...Jarret Johnson, Ala., Ty Warren, Texas A&M
LB's LaMarcus McDonald, TCU...Antwaan Peek, Cinci.
CB's Dennis Weathersby, Ore St...Eugene Wilson, Ill
Rasheen Mathis, Beth-Cookman
S Ken Hamlin, Ark...Terrence Holt, NC St.

The ones that I might have an interest in are as follows:
Jarrett Johnson, Ty Warren, Antwaan Peek, Rasheen Mathis (though I'm thinking of switching him to safety), and Ken Hamlin

If Buffalo signs all the defensive free agents they need to shore things up, then I might start thinking about Taylor Jacobs and Teyo Johnson. Teyo Johnson BTW is losing weight before the combine to try and get scouts to look at him as a WR. I wonder how happy he's gonna be when told his only real shot is as a TE.

kgun12
02-12-2003, 08:51 PM
I would be happy with Johnson, Redding or Warren. BUT I said it before and I'll say it again. IF TD plays the Free Agency game correctly we can go into the draft and pick THE BEST AVAILABE PLAYER in every round, regardless of what position he plays, because we should be able to fill all our needs in FA.

keithg WELCOME aboard!

keithg
02-12-2003, 09:37 PM
I agree, it would be ideal to go into the draft with all our primary needs already taken care of in FA...but I don't think even TD is that good, he'll probably take care of most but not all our needs. My guess is we will go for a LB, RB or DB with our first pick. Even though we have Travis...I can see TD taking a top RB if one drops to us.
MY fear is that we reach for a DT in round 2...ala Ron Edwards just because we need one. If the guys we want are already taken, go for a player who we know can help the team even if it is at a position we are strong at.

Ingtar33
02-12-2003, 09:38 PM
Redding will probably be gone... he moved up a lot of draft boards recently (with his bowl game play). Furthermore, he is a classic ‘tweener, could play DT or DE.

kgun12
02-12-2003, 09:44 PM
I don't think it unrealistic to fill our needs in FA. What do we need

DT, 2 LB an WR and maybe a CB. Besides that what else is not a back up need?

Bert102176
02-12-2003, 11:22 PM
I want Teyo Johnson, would rather have Boss Bailey, but he'll be gone my number 2 is Teyo.

Tatonka
02-13-2003, 12:27 AM
well ****..

all bets are off on teyo johnson if he thinks he is a WR.. if he is trying to do that.. then he obviously doesnt want to play TE.. and he is not fast enough to be a good WR.. if he thinks he is a WR, then i would rather have dallas clark at TE>

RedEyE
02-13-2003, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
well ****..

all bets are off on teyo johnson if he thinks he is a WR.. if he is trying to do that.. then he obviously doesnt want to play TE.. and he is not fast enough to be a good WR.. if he thinks he is a WR, then i would rather have dallas clark at TE>

:lol: