PDA

View Full Version : Go Oilers Go

northernbillfan
05-17-2006, 09:45 AM
Edmonton is rawking today.

One thing I noticed during game 4. I had to be out just before the puck dropped and was running a bit behind getting home. The streets were silent like a Sunday morning. There was absolutely no-one anywhere. The silence on the streets was very eerie.

A sign on a chuch in Calgary says it all:

http://bluemile.ca/gallery5_nude/20.jpg

hammerbillsfan
05-17-2006, 11:37 AM
:clap: Go Oilers Go

Bufftp
05-17-2006, 01:48 PM
Geez NBF I never thought I'd see the day you would spam the boards! ;)

northernbillfan
05-17-2006, 01:50 PM
It's been a long time since they had a chance to go this far padre.

Bufftp
05-17-2006, 02:12 PM
I don't care NBF. Have LOG start a "Go Edmonton" or "poutine lovers" forum. The joy to be expressed and shared here is Sabre Joy! No room for franco speaking anglo's!

northernbillfan
05-17-2006, 02:23 PM
:rofl:

The_Philster
05-17-2006, 06:08 PM
I don't care NBF. Have LOG start a "Go Edmonton" or "poutine lovers" forum. The joy to be expressed and shared here is Sabre Joy! No room for franco speaking anglo's!
I think he should be allowed to enjoy it now..afterall, when the Sabres hoist the Cup in front of the Oilers, he won't be enjoying that :idunno:

SABURZFAN
05-17-2006, 07:26 PM
The Pouting Peca scored!!!!!!!!!

Philagape
05-17-2006, 07:27 PM
Sabres vs. Oilers would be cool ... Peca and Roloson return!

northernbillfan
05-17-2006, 09:11 PM
The suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

northernbillfan
05-17-2006, 09:45 PM
:cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp::cp:

pyrrhonist
05-17-2006, 10:48 PM
Congrats to your Oilers, nbf! :up:

My wife is understandably sad (She's a Sharks fan, for those who don't know), but she'll get by. We were treated to 2 of the hardest working teams in the West duking it out, and were rewarded with 6 great games. Next up for your boys, the well-rested Ducks.

Congrats again! :beers:

gannd
05-17-2006, 11:24 PM
woooooooooooot
:hockey:

PUCKER
05-18-2006, 12:32 AM
Im glad they knocked the Sharks out. Best of luck to you NBF,but I just feel this is OUR year! :up:

northernbillfan
05-18-2006, 12:53 AM
Im glad they knocked the Sharks out. Best of luck to you NBF,but I just feel this is OUR year! :up:
Since we werewn't even supposed to make the playoffs the Oil keep surprising everyone.

However they are one of the best teams on the ice right now. They held Joe Thornton to just 8 shots during the entire series.

Rolie looks awesome between the pipes.

Anaheim do worry me tho as they look pretty good.

gannd
05-18-2006, 02:10 AM
fun fun

The_Philster
05-18-2006, 04:48 AM
Since we werewn't even supposed to make the playoffs the Oil keep surprising everyone..could wind up being 2 teams in the Finals like that then :up:

SABURZFAN
05-18-2006, 11:23 AM
congrats NBF. :beers:

generalmills
05-18-2006, 03:46 PM
I have nothing against actual Oiler fans but it is always this time of year that I must admit that I am somewhat ashamed of being Canadian. The year before the lockout everyone in Canada became Flames fans when Montreal won the cup it was the same way.

WHEN YOUR TEAM LOSES IN THE PLAYOFFS, IT IS NOT FREE GAME TO JUMP ON THE SHIP OF ANOTHER TEAM!!! when did it become the rule that all of Canada has to cheer for a team simply because they are "Canadian"???- there are no more Canadian players on Canadian based team than that of the US.
Also, I am not anti-Canadian because I cheer for the Sabres. As a matter of fact, geographically speaking I am the one cheering for the home town team.
I was PO'D when I was sitting at a bar during the Sens series and people wearing blue and white hats were trying to take credit for the sabres beating up on Ottawa. LEAFS FANS SUCK!

How can a Calgary fan cheer for the Oilers?? It's just not right.

This whole area makes me sick.

Thank you for allowing me to rant.

gannd
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I'm from Edmonton originally. I had seasons tickets from 79-90 so I have a reason to cheer for them. If I am not mistaken northernbills fan is also from edmonton.

gannd
05-18-2006, 06:00 PM
I have nothing against actual Oiler fans but it is always this time of year that I must admit that I am somewhat ashamed of being Canadian. The year before the lockout everyone in Canada became Flames fans when Montreal won the cup it was the same way.

WHEN YOUR TEAM LOSES IN THE PLAYOFFS, IT IS NOT FREE GAME TO JUMP ON THE SHIP OF ANOTHER TEAM!!! when did it become the rule that all of Canada has to cheer for a team simply because they are "Canadian"???- there are no more Canadian players on Canadian based team than that of the US.
Also, I am not anti-Canadian because I cheer for the Sabres. As a matter of fact, geographically speaking I am the one cheering for the home town team.
I was PO'D when I was sitting at a bar during the Sens series and people wearing blue and white hats were trying to take credit for the sabres beating up on Ottawa. LEAFS FANS SUCK!

How can a Calgary fan cheer for the Oilers?? It's just not right.

This whole area makes me sick.

Thank you for allowing me to rant.

edit: wow that was weird, split post

generalmills
05-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm from Edmonton originally. I had seasons tickets from 79-90 so I have a reason to cheer for them. If I am not mistaken northernbills fan is also from edmonton.

i meant nothing towards you or any one in particular. I dont know you nor would I judge your....... "faness"?? I live in "Leaf country" which becomes fanatic over whatever canadian team remains in the playoffs, like its their own favorite team and have some driving connection with them.

generalmills
05-18-2006, 06:16 PM
i did not even notice you were from Calgary or anything.. i now know why you may have thought my post was directed at you.. sorry again.

gannd
05-18-2006, 06:19 PM
i meant nothing towards you or any one in particular. I dont know you nor would I judge your....... "faness"?? I live in "Leaf country" which becomes fanatic over whatever canadian team remains in the playoffs, like its their own favorite team and have some driving connection with them.

Well I think it's fair to cheer for other canadian teams. I cheered for the Flames last season and don't feel one bit of shame being an Oilers fan.

ps...Maggie the monkey just picked Edmonton and Carolina to win.

pyrrhonist
05-18-2006, 08:39 PM
ps...Maggie the monkey just picked Edmonton and Carolina to win.

Well then, it's time to own the macaque for the 2nd straight series then, isn't it. :up: