PDA

View Full Version : Here is an OT for those who want to sign Onterrio Smith, Ray Lewis, etc

G. Host
05-17-2006, 06:23 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-seahawks-hunter&prov=ap&type=lgns
The Seattle Seahawks released offensive tackle Wayne Hunter on Tuesday after the reserve was charged with misdemeanor assault following a dispute at a sports bar last weekend.

According to a police report, Hunter and his brother were involved in a scuffle at the Classics Sports Bar and Grill in Renton last Saturday. The pair got into an argument, and on the way out of the bar knocked over a table, breaking glasses and plates.

Hunter put his brother into a car, went back into the bar and confronted a man, slamming slammed him on a shuffleboard table, the man told police. Hunter's vehicle was later stopped and he was charged with fourth-degree assault and third-degree malicious mischief, both misdemeanors. No court date has been set.

Hunter was the team's third-round draft choice out of Hawaii in 2003, but has faced legal problems in the past. He was arrested for minor assault against his girlfriend in the summer of 2003, and was twice suspended by the NFL for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Players who can not stay out of trouble are not worth the risk.

pintonick96
05-17-2006, 06:53 PM
Why is Ray Lewis in there? He was found innocent, and not in an OJ Simpson way. He's actually a pretty good guy.

G. Host
05-17-2006, 07:09 PM
He covered up the murder for members of his posse.

Mr. Pink
05-17-2006, 07:28 PM
Yeah I'd hate to have Ray Lewis on my team, Bruce Smith, Dexter Manley, Chip Banks, Deion Sanders, etc....All guys with character issues/law troubles who when on the field were beasts.

You can't compare a player like Ray Lewis to Wayne Hunter or Onterrio Smith. On the field, there is no comparison. Ray Lewis is a dominant and perhaps the best linebacker in the game today...Onterrio Smith is a footnote in Vikings history and Wayne Hunter if he doesn't get signed by any other teams in a week you'll never hear his name again.

patmoran2006
05-17-2006, 07:46 PM
I'd take OJ on my team right NOW if he could still run for 1500 yards and 16 TDs

Bling
05-17-2006, 07:49 PM
I'd love to see them cut Walter Jones or Shaun Alexander... Yeah, STFU. They were going to cut Hunter anyway.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2006, 06:38 AM
Sometimes you have to move off your principles and take a great player, even if he has character flaws.

But why take a mediocre player like Hunter when he's trouble off the field as well?

jamze132
05-18-2006, 06:55 AM
I am willing to bet that Miami takes a hard look at this guy, Hunter.

casdhf
05-18-2006, 10:21 AM
They would only be interested if he beat women.

Stewie
05-18-2006, 11:14 AM
Ray Lewis is the best linebacker in the game today!? ROFL

hahaha... oh that was worth it.. now I gotta go back to getting my computer y2k compliant!

ticatfan
05-18-2006, 11:53 AM
So this smith guy should break some records this year in the CFL?

Bill Brasky
05-18-2006, 01:32 PM
Yeah I'd hate to have Ray Lewis on my team, Bruce Smith, Dexter Manley, Chip Banks, Deion Sanders, etc....All guys with character issues/law troubles who when on the field were beasts.

Intimidation factor baby!

Shoot a few guys or do some drugs and you will never get blocked.