X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LABillsFan
    • Aug 2002

USA USA USA

I know Miller is tired with the talk, but can you imagine game 3 in Buffalo with the crowd chanting USA and Laviolette standing behind the bench? Man that gets me going just thinking about it.
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.
  • SabreEleven
    • Aug 2002

Re: USA USA USA

or game 4 with the Sabres up 3-0?

Comment

• PUCKER
      • Sep 2004

I hope the fans drown him out in LOUD cheers!!!
      Zapper's Hit List:
      SABURZFAN -
      SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
      Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
      http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• SABuffalo786
        • Feb 2003

Yeah, USA chants would make sense in this round.

I was at Game 3 against Ottawa and as it made its way around the Arena from the opposite end of the 300s I thought to myself:

"Wow, chanting 'USA!' against the Senators makes no sense at all."

But I kept yelling it anyway. :)
        "Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        We are the Rockpile
        BUFF-A-LO

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by LABillsFan
          I know Miller is tired with the talk, but can you imagine game 3 in Buffalo with the crowd chanting USA and Laviolette standing behind the bench? Man that gets me going just thinking about it.
          He was born in the USA, do your research before you post.

PETER LAVIOLETTE

Peter Laviolette was named the head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes on Dec. 15, 2003. He previously coached the New York Islanders and posted a 77-68-19-6 regular-season record in 164 games during the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons, good for a .527 winning percentage. The Islanders qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs both years after missing the playoffs each of the seven prior seasons.
          Prior to joining the Islanders, Laviolette served as an assistant coach with the Boston Bruins after coaching the Providence Bruins, Boston's American Hockey League affiliate, in 1998-99 and 1999-00. Providence posted a 56-15-4 regular-season record in 1998-99 and went 15-4 in the playoffs to capture the Calder Cup as the AHL's top team, and Laviolette was named AHL Coach of the Year.
          A former defenseman, Laviolette was born on July 12, 1964, in Franklin, Mass. He spent most of his 11-year professional playing career in the AHL and IHL, but did play 12 NHL games with the New York Rangers during the 1988-89 season. He also represented the United States in the 1988 and 1994 Olympics, serving as captain of the 1994 Olympic squad.

-Post Edited for TOS violation. Please attack the post, and not the poster. - Mikey82
          Last edited by Michael82; 05-20-2006, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Dozerdog
            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

OK folks- let's not get testy with each other.

Let's enjoy the game today!

Comment

• Dozerdog
              In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
              Hey braniac, He was born in the USA, do your research before you come up with something as dumb as what you posted.

PETER LAVIOLETTE

Peter Laviolette was named the head coach of the Carolina Hurricanes on Dec. 15, 2003. He previously coached the New York Islanders and posted a 77-68-19-6 regular-season record in 164 games during the 2001-02 and 2002-03 seasons, good for a .527 winning percentage. The Islanders qualified for the Stanley Cup Playoffs both years after missing the playoffs each of the seven prior seasons.
              Prior to joining the Islanders, Laviolette served as an assistant coach with the Boston Bruins after coaching the Providence Bruins, Boston's American Hockey League affiliate, in 1998-99 and 1999-00. Providence posted a 56-15-4 regular-season record in 1998-99 and went 15-4 in the playoffs to capture the Calder Cup as the AHL's top team, and Laviolette was named AHL Coach of the Year.
              A former defenseman, Laviolette was born on July 12, 1964, in Franklin, Mass. He spent most of his 11-year professional playing career in the AHL and IHL, but did play 12 NHL games with the New York Rangers during the 1988-89 season. He also represented the United States in the 1988 and 1994 Olympics, serving as captain of the 1994 Olympic squad.

The USA chant is the Buffalo fan's taunt at the national team for leaving off arguably the most talented american goalie in the National system.

They taunted Esche with it (the guy who took his place- american born) and it would be fitting if they taunted the guy who constructed the dissapointing USA olympic team - Laviolette.

Granted, Miller on the team would not have changed the outcome. Team USA chose to go with the same old- boys club a bunch of players past their prime because they had name recognition.

Old & slow got beat by the quicker opposition.

Comment

• BleedinGreenNC
                • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Dozerdog
                The USA chant is the Buffalo fan's taunt at the national team for leaving off arguably the most talented american goalie in the National system.

They taunted Esche with it (the guy who took his place- american born) and it would be fitting if they taunted the guy who constructed the dissapointing USA olympic team - Laviolette.

Granted, Miller on the team would not have changed the outcome. Team USA chose to go with the same old- boys club a bunch of players past their prime because they had name recognition.

Old & slow got beat by the quicker opposition.
                Gotcha!!!

Comment

• SABuffalo786
                  • Feb 2003

Originally posted by BleedinGreenNC
                  Gotcha!!!

"Do me a favor, say a prayer for brother Timmy. And tip a cold one. Go Bills." - Tom Brokaw

We are the Rockpile
                  We are the Rockpile
                  We are the Rockpile
                  BUFF-A-LO

Comment

Working...
                  X