PDA

View Full Version : Craig Ochs

justasportsfan
05-18-2006, 06:59 AM
His NFLE highlights are on bb.com . The guy is not scared to throw to tight coverage and does it well.Not saying that Ochs is even half the qb Brady is but those are throws that Brady is great at.

I know the quality of the NFLE is not all that but I wish JP could learn to do that instead of pulling a Drew Bledsoe in his years with the bills by holding on to the ball and waiting for the wr's to get open. Drew used to thread those balls in tight coverage in his early years.

Check it out. http://www.buffalobills.com/

PS , more articles posted as well.

Night Train
05-18-2006, 07:22 AM
Nice job, JASF.

He could have Holcombs roster spot right now and be a legit #3. I like a QB who zips the ball in there.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2006, 07:34 AM
Nice job, JASF.

He could have Holcombs roster spot right now and be a legit #3.
That would be fine with me.

justasportsfan
05-18-2006, 08:07 AM
when JP attempted those throws last year, they would sail because of uncertainty or hesitation. Remember his passes early on that were almost intercepted ? With throws like that you don't need an arm. You should just be able to throw the ball where the wr can make a play on it. That's what great point guards on a basketball team does.

Jp threw those TD's to Evans against KC without hesitation. He can do it. He just needs to be confident about it.

TigerJ
05-18-2006, 08:24 AM
I've been trying to catch Ochs on NFLE when I can. He shows a lot of ability. I caught one pass last weekend on an out route where he underthrew and missed the CB making a breake on the ball - big interception. Oh well, it happens once in a while to everyone. I do like his potential and wouldn't mind if he had a roster spot.

ICE74129
05-18-2006, 08:56 AM
when JP attempted those throws last year, they would sail because of uncertainty or hesitation. Remember his passes early on that were almost intercepted ? With throws like that you don't need an arm. You should just be able to throw the ball where the wr can make a play on it. That's what great point guards on a basketball team does.

Jp threw those TD's to Evans against KC without hesitation. He can do it. He just needs to be confident about it.

There is hesitation because the kid isn't allowed to make a mistake without the 'competition' coming in and taking over. Which is a total 180 degrees from marvs coaching days. Last year JP had his own team mates screwing him over so how did he know Moulds would run the route correctly, go after the ball etc? Then if picked off you have the team whining to get him benched.

JP has been in a no win situation since day one.

justasportsfan
05-18-2006, 09:27 AM
There is hesitation because the kid isn't allowed to make a mistake without the 'competition' coming in and taking over. Which is a total 180 degrees from marvs coaching days. Last year JP had his own team mates screwing him over so how did he know Moulds would run the route correctly, go after the ball etc? Then if picked off you have the team whining to get him benched.

JP has been in a no win situation since day one.He was handed the job since day one without earning it. It wasn't entirely his fault that he was put in a situation to fail but if he can't overcome it by earning it this time around, that's his problem.

There are no excuses for him now. Competition is never an excuse. Ask Fletcher , Pat Williams and every other player that went undrafted.

His hesitation was a bad habit he brought from Tulane. When he wasn't sure he could make the throw, he'd take off running instead of taking a chance.

jamze132
05-18-2006, 01:35 PM
As anyone ever came from NFLE and made an impact on a real NFL team?

ICE74129
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM
He was handed the job since day one without earning it. It wasn't entirely his fault that he was put in a situation to fail but if he can't overcome it by earning it this time around, that's his problem.

There are no excuses for him now. Competition is never an excuse. Ask Fletcher , Pat Williams and every other player that went undrafted.

His hesitation was a bad habit he brought from Tulane. When he wasn't sure he could make the throw, he'd take off running instead of taking a chance.

Most QB's never 'earn' the job. They are drafted and it is handed to them. The difference here is a lack of veteran leadership on the team. We had none. All of them were self centered and self serving.

had the veterans here acted like the veterans acted for Kelly, Marino, Elway, Palmer, Manning etc....JP would have had a much better season.

ICE74129
05-18-2006, 01:46 PM

Lets see....Kurt Warner and Jake Delhome come to mind.

MTBillsFan
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I watched Craig in College at UM. If the coaching staff had taken the reigns off he would've set all kinds of records.

justasportsfan
05-18-2006, 03:14 PM
Most QB's never 'earn' the job. They are drafted and it is handed to them. The difference here is a lack of veteran leadership on the team. We had none. All of them were self centered and self serving.

had the veterans here acted like the veterans acted for Kelly, Marino, Elway, Palmer, Manning etc....JP would have had a much better season.While I agree with the first part, you have to consider the qb he replaced. It was Drew ,a high profile Qb and not just any other qb.

As far as you're comment on the leaders on this team, let's say we agree to disagree. We had them and they got tired of TD's antics. Moving forward and backward with progress in the meantime, the vets we'rent getting any younger and have yet to win anything or make playoffs since TD got here. I'd get tired of him too.

2004 was the closest we were to the playoffs. TD pulled the plug when he decided to go with an unproven qb. I don't blame them. So close to the playoffs after all the promises by management.

TigerJ
05-18-2006, 03:16 PM

Curt Warner won a Super Bowl.

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 04:28 PM
While I agree with the first part, you have to consider the qb he replaced. It was Drew ,a high profile Qb and not just any other qb.

As far as you're comment on the leaders on this team, let's say we agree to disagree. We had them and they got tired of TD's antics. Moving forward and backward with progress in the meantime, the vets we'rent getting any younger and have yet to win anything or make playoffs since TD got here. I'd get tired of him too.

2004 was the closest we were to the playoffs. TD pulled the plug when he decided to go with an unproven qb. I don't blame them. So close to the playoffs after all the promises by management.

You just backed my #1 complaint about them. It never was JPs fault but who paid? Who was thrown under the bus and screwed over? JP was. You NEVER do that to your own. NEVER. If anything you bust ass, help the kid win and if he can't then he at least got some good development last year. As is all the 'veterans' did was set him back.

Most of them are gone, JP is still here....We the fans pay for their actions.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 05:00 PM
You just backed my #1 complaint about them. It never was JPs fault but who paid? Who was thrown under the bus and screwed over? JP was. You NEVER do that to your own. NEVER. If anything you bust ass, help the kid win and if he can't then he at least got some good development last year. As is all the 'veterans' did was set him back.

Most of them are gone, JP is still here....We the fans pay for their actions.
The vets have busted their a$$ all these years under TD only to see their efforts taken away from them by starting a rookie qb. They were tired of losing. It wasn't Jp's fault but too bad if he wasn't ready. I don't blame them for being tired of being losers becaue their coacheskeep putting themin a situation to lose.

Of course JP paid because he was the weak link on the O. He also got better because of the benching. How many times did JP not see open wrs? Even Evans said that Jp should trust his wrs. DO you want to cut him too. Fletcher just admitted thesame thing too , should we cut him too? Because of his benching JP threw those TD passes to Evans against KC. Throws he wouldn't dare make before the benching.

The complaints of the vets were valid. You make it seem like it was personal. It wasn't . It wasn't so much about JP but the decision of the coaching staff to put the team in a situation to lose by going with the weaker qb.

The_Philster
05-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Brad Johnson, Jon Kitna, Kurt Warner, Marco Rivera, Marcus Pobinson, a few more here (http://www.nfl.com/nfleurope/alumni)