PDA

View Full Version : Change of pace for a second: One rule change I'd like to see

SabreEleven
05-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. You have to gain your defensive blue line and then you can ice the puck and not get called, not the red line. Too many stops in play because of iceing IMO. Then you can elinimate the red line all together.

I thought they loosened up the iceing calls to if you tried to pass the puck to a teammate it wasn't iceing. Doesn't seem that way to me.

Discuss.

Earthquake Enyart
05-18-2006, 11:17 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while. You have to gain your defensive blue line and then you can ice the puck and not get called, not the red line. Too many stops in play because of iceing IMO. Then you can elinimate the red line all together.

I thought they loosened up the iceing calls to if you tried to pass the puck to a teammate it wasn't iceing. Doesn't seem that way to me.

Discuss.
No.

Personally, I would like no touch icing.

And I would like to eliminate offsides all together.

LABillsFan
05-18-2006, 08:12 PM

Discuss.

Well chances are if you get to the blue line you can ease the puck in the other zone without it going over the goal line.

I do like the icing call though. I enjoy seeing the players race to the puck for icing to be waved off. I've seen goals scored by that type of hustle as I am sure you have. No touch icing to me rewards not hustling. It comes up every now and then during the meetings, I'd like to see it stay.

YardRat
05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
I like it the way it is...eliminating the red line, and thus virtually eliminating icing, would open up a hole for a new defensive style of "I'll dump, you chase" and bring the game back to a New Jersey/Philadelphia type of pace.

Geting rid of the red line would just punish the skill teams once again.