PDA

View Full Version : There Will be at least 2 UDFA on the roster.....

bigbub2352
05-18-2006, 11:37 AM
In My opinion there will be at least 2 UDFA's making the roster, and from what i have read and seen on TV i really think those 2 guys will be

WR Martin Nance from Miami Ohio, we has all the tools and played with an NFL caliber QB throwing two him so he knows what it takes, i watched him play in college and he has outstanding hands and deceptive speed, Plus Excellent size, and he could knock a guy like Sam Aiken, or George Wilson, Frediie Smith off the roster if he shows the ability to play ST.

DE Matthew Rice Penn State he was overshadowed by his counter part Tambi Hali, but still had alot of QB pressures and 4-5 sacks, plus he has protypical DE size with the frame to put on more weight, his biggest asset is the fact that he can rush the passer consistently and also plays the run well

PQ players will be Jason Hall DE Tenn, and Derrick Ming from Missouri 4.5 speed at FB postion would be awesome, plus he is making conversion from LB to FB which he hasnt played since highschool, but they say he is an absolute Bull 5'11, 245lbs, great athletism, he can sit on PQ and learn position for a year like Goldsberry Any thoughts....

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-18-2006, 11:48 AM
Those are the ones I was thinking we might keep also

jamze132
05-18-2006, 01:29 PM
I understand the career that Nance had with Big Ben, but 32 teams past on him 7 times each. There has to be a reason. I don't know what it is, but his numbers don't lie.

Jan Reimers
05-18-2006, 01:50 PM
I think it may be Nance and Jason Hall, who just might be a better DE than Rice.

bigbub2352
05-18-2006, 02:05 PM
I haven't heard many people say there are clear cut reasons why Nance wasnt drafted. as a matter of fact alot of people are comparing him to Jason Peters, in the fact that he fell under the radar, plus torn acl in 2004 is really it, i mean look at Maurice stouvall from notre dame alot of the same measurables but Maurice had no production until Weiss got there and then he went in the 4th round i think, Vic Carucci was shocked he wasnt drafted, as were others

Night Train
05-18-2006, 04:07 PM
Some pretty good ideas. They certainly aren't without a chance.

G. Host
05-18-2006, 04:23 PM
A friend of mine who watches college football extensively chatted with last night and he raved about Ming. He told me he will make practice squad if they think he can be hidden otherwise roster. A monster of a hitter, fast and will be a demon on special teams. He also said good things about Jabari Greer before he made roster.