PDA

View Full Version : Bye, Bye Newman

Romes
02-12-2003, 05:16 PM
Bills | More On Newman - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
February 12, 2003 14:19:42 PT Updating earlier reports, John Wawrow reports for the Associated Press Buffalo Bills LB Keith Newman said again he does not expect to re-sign with the team. "I think that's the direction that it's headed," Newman's agent Jim Steiner said on Wednesday. "We're planning at this point on moving on unless we hear from the Bills." Steiner said he hasn't had any conversations with the team regarding Newman's status since the season ended. Bills spokesperson Scott Berchtold said the team's coaching staff is still making player evaluations and has not yet made any personnel decisions.

Not a suprise but that means that we will need to replace him and also find someone better than Robinson. I was kind of hoping we would bring him back but his production has declined the last two years.

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2003, 05:43 PM
yeah why not sign spikes and keep newman to rush the passer?

BADTHINGSMAN
02-12-2003, 09:27 PM
Some reson I think the Bills will keep Eddie Robinson. They gotta make 1 stupid move a year.

venis2k1
02-12-2003, 09:39 PM
I am thinking we will sign a big name LB (its looking more and more like spikes every day to play for Robinson) and a Role player at DT(not a super star, but a good player) and draft a LB to play for Newman(Clifton Smith, "super" Mario Haggan, and Bradie James are some names i'm thinking)

BADTHINGSMAN
02-12-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1
I am thinking we will sign a big name LB (its looking more and more like spikes every day to play for Robinson) and a Role player at DT(not a super star, but a good player) and draft a LB to play for Newman(Clifton Smith, "super" Mario Haggan, and Bradie James are some names i'm thinking)

That would be one of the best, if not thee best LB crew in the NFL.

venis2k1
02-12-2003, 10:06 PM
If we could sign Spikes and Brandon Noble this offseason and draft a good LB in the second round(i would be shocked if one wasn't there) We will have a VERY respectable Defense.(not to mention a VERY fast defense)

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 10:24 PM
i cant imagine that robinson is gonna be back.. if so though, only as a back up.. i would be happier seeing spoon out there than robinson.

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 10:24 PM
or polk even.. sheesh

Tatonka
02-12-2003, 10:25 PM
hell, even favors... ANYONE but robinson.

venis2k1
02-12-2003, 10:28 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
...ANYONE but robinson.

This sentence just summed up the feelings of every bills fan everywhere.

NC-BILLS44
02-13-2003, 01:19 PM
Move Newman over to Robinson's spot and sign Spikes. I bet Newman would have drilled Pennington instead of falling down like Robinson.