PDA

View Full Version : Overpay for Spikes?????You never overpay for...

The Quebecer
02-12-2003, 05:47 PM
... this kind of talent!

This guy is an exceptional football player!...
He is what we need for our defense!...
The crime is when you pay huge amount for average talent...!
But he is certainly not average talent...!

There is this small window of opportunity to get him, so I hope that Mr. Wilson and TD do about whatever it takes to get him!

Later,
:cheers:

THATHURMANATOR
02-12-2003, 06:24 PM
I agree!!!

casdhf
02-12-2003, 07:57 PM
1 year - 19 Million....that's overpaying

The Quebecer
02-12-2003, 08:03 PM
That's not overpaying, that's unrealistic!

:scratch:

Later,

kgun12
02-12-2003, 08:19 PM
I agree go get this guy, not only he he the best LB out there. He is dying to play for a winning team! It will also send a message to other FA that we are serious about building a great D. This in turn could help us land other FA.

Mr. Miyagi
02-12-2003, 08:25 PM
I think when Michael Jordan was at his prime, he got paid $20 million a year for 2 years with the Chicago Bulls.

Is that too much? For Jordan at his prime???

The Quebecer
02-12-2003, 08:50 PM
Definitly not, MJ in his prime WAS basketball! He was worth it on the basis of what he gave back to the Bulls and the NBA!

But being more realistic, being paid even 1M$/ year to play any sport is too much money, when you consider the relative importance of sports in contrast with what doctors do, for instance! But that's a different debate...!

Later,

Bert102176
02-12-2003, 11:45 PM
I say 6 yrs 28.9 mil. hopefully we can get him cheaper though.

Tatonka
02-13-2003, 12:24 AM
6 years 30 mill is about right.. he will get something very similar to what moulds got.. imho.

WG
02-13-2003, 01:02 AM
IDK, I'm thinkin' he's gonna work a deal for at least $5M/yr. min.

He's gonna want a huge bonus, probably in the $8-12M range for a 5 +/- yr. contract. That's fine, but I wouldn't put too much on the line here. I'd love to have him here, but I don't want him to be a huge cap issue in two seasons down the road when nearly as good lesser expensive options are available. Football is a still a team sport the last time I checked, and we should be able to build a perfectly good team w/ or w/o Spikes.

I'd love to have him here, but I say the limit is $5M/yr. on average. I'm not so sure that's gonna happen.

If I had to guess, I'd say he'll sign a 6-year $39M contract w/ an $8M SB. I'll presume that the last two years of it will be set up such that the team will have no intention of honoring them.

fabolouspaul
02-13-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I think when Michael Jordan was at his prime, he got paid $20 million a year for 2 years with the Chicago Bulls.

Is that too much? For Jordan at his prime???

Ya, that is a lot of money, but when u think about it, theres only 12 players on a basketball team and about 60 football players under contract for a team. For 20 million, jordan was basically 3/4 of the team!!