PDA

View Full Version : Bills Will Win Division

Turf
05-18-2006, 06:41 PM
I'm going out on a limb here but I'm saying it.

The new Marv Levy led Buffalo Bills with a new coaching staff will gain 4 extra wins just off that, and with some real brainpower finally behind this team, we will win the AFC EAST.

You heard it here first. I'm saying it. It's going to be an amazing comeback year.

Iehoshua
05-18-2006, 06:45 PM
:bf1:

I'm on board!

BillsNick
05-18-2006, 06:51 PM
I need to get a bag of whatever it is that you're smoking cuz it must be some potent stuff!

It's a nice thought and I would love it though!

Mr. Cynical
05-18-2006, 07:05 PM

Limb? More like the moon.

:;

patmoran2006
05-18-2006, 07:51 PM
You're more likely to see Howard Cunningham get arrested for Domestic Battery on Happy Days than see the Bills win the AFC East in 2006.

Mitchy moo
05-18-2006, 08:06 PM
You're more likely to see Howard Cunningham get arrested for Domestic Battery on Happy Days than see the Bills win the AFC East in 2006.

He kicked joanie's *ss on one show. Joanie loves chachie.

Nublar7
05-18-2006, 08:10 PM

The new Marv Levy led Buffalo Bills with a new coaching staff will gain 4 extra wins just off that, and with some real brainpower finally behind this team, we will win the AFC EAST.

You heard it here first. I'm saying it. It's going to be an amazing comeback year.:laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing: :laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing::laughing:

YardRat
05-18-2006, 08:29 PM
I think you're suffering from Sabres Fever. As much as I'd like to see it, I can't envision an NFL team with a new coaching staff, a new offensive and defensive system, a possible turnover in the starting line-up of 50% or greater, etc, winning the division.

Scumbag College
05-18-2006, 09:01 PM
I think we're in for another year of "rebuilding." Whatever that means.

ICE74129
05-18-2006, 09:03 PM

You heard it here first. I'm saying it. It's going to be an amazing comeback year.

I'm going on record saying you need help. Crack addiction is a really bad bad thing. Seek help.

Captain gameboy
05-18-2006, 09:14 PM
One of two things will happen in the next two years.
Notice I said two years.

1. The Bills will make unusual progress. By that I mean make great strides in 06 and go two deep into the 07 playoffs, (07 reg season).

or

2. Marv Levy will be exposed as a pretty nice guy without any NFL genious qualities.

My hope is that it is 1.

My view is that Marv is a really nice guy with pretty average talent who doesn't get wrapped up in the NFL strategy du jour.
I am hopeful he will find a very youthful replacement and go out with grace and class, befitting his career, but serving the real needs of this franchise.

TigerJ
05-18-2006, 09:26 PM
I can go along with that, Gameboy. I'm not ready to buy into playoffs in '06 though.

ublinkwescore
05-18-2006, 09:32 PM
If that happens, I will - well, I don't know what I would do, but I hope I'm able to enjoy every game that we win and or should have won, but got screwed by the refs - we all know it's gonna happen - probably against the Pats again.

goodkarma
05-18-2006, 09:43 PM
Limb? More like the moon.

:;

LOL.

We're lucky to get 5 wins.

Nublar7
05-18-2006, 09:59 PM
LOL.

We're lucky to get 5 wins.Very lucky.

Drive 4 Five
05-18-2006, 10:00 PM

I will admit, when I first saw this thread I thought to myself, "Why do people have to go and post stupid **** like this? WTF?" But then I thought, "Well why the hell not? What is the sense in being so damn pessimistic each and every year? If that is going to be the case, why even bother?" Now that is not meant to be a knock on anyone because let's face it, this franchise has not given us an awful lot to be excited about lately. But the point I am trying to make is this. We live and breathe this football team. Win or lose we will be there. So we may as well get excited! You gotta "BILLIEVE" right?

Thanks TURF. I needed that.

:gobills:

Drive 4 Five
05-18-2006, 10:07 PM
Very lucky.

Well that may very well be, but so long as two of those five wins come from kicking the living hell out of your gay ass team, then it is all gravy after that. That said, I must say, that I like our odds. I like them alot.

:moon:

Captain gameboy
05-18-2006, 10:08 PM
I can go along with that, Gameboy. I'm not ready to buy into playoffs in '06 though.

I'm not saying that.
By "great strides" I mean that we field a respectable team that makes Sundays enjoyable and we finish about 8-8, but with a degree of predictability, ie., we have a respectable offense and a reliable defense.
I could take that.

What I want, and think is required, is an injection of youth at the front office level after this season.

Turf
05-18-2006, 10:26 PM
Some how I think no one else shares my optimism. A little Sabres fever, maybe. But I really blame Mularkey and Grey for how bad this team finished last year. We're not that far away as you all think. With a break here and there we can do it. And we've shored up the lines somwhat, not enough but it's a start. But other than coaching no one stands out in the division minus Brady.

Michael82
05-18-2006, 10:28 PM
:lmao: :roflmao: :laughing:

Turf
05-18-2006, 10:31 PM
I'm enjoying this. I'll be sure to bring this thread up at the end of they year!!!! Bhahahahahaha

Nublar7
05-18-2006, 10:44 PM
I'm enjoying this. I'll be sure to bring this thread up at the end of they year!!!! BhahahahahahaWhen the Bills finish the season 4-12 or 5-11, I will be bringing this thread back up. :brush:

Turf
05-18-2006, 10:48 PM
When the Bills finish the season 4-12 or 5-11, I will be bringing this thread back up. :brush:

Fair nuff. Bet you 347.88 zonebucks even up. A deal you can't pass up.

OpIv37
05-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Some how I think no one else shares my optimism. A little Sabres fever, maybe. But I really blame Mularkey and Grey for how bad this team finished last year. We're not that far away as you all think. With a break here and there we can do it. And we've shored up the lines somwhat, not enough but it's a start. But other than coaching no one stands out in the division minus Brady.

this is the kind of homerism that drives me nuts. We were 29th in both offense and defense last year. Yes, coaching was part of it, but there was definitely a talent gap. We still need help at DT, the OL has a lot of ?'s, TKO is a ?, Losman might not be ready...

Now, Marv has made this team very young (thus, inexperienced), and the vets are forced to learn new systems yet again. This is probably the right thing for the future, but we're still gonna get our asses handed to us this year.

Turf
05-18-2006, 10:58 PM
this is the kind of homerism that drives me nuts. We were 29th in both offense and defense last year. Yes, coaching was part of it, but there was definitely a talent gap. We still need help at DT, the OL has a lot of ?'s, TKO is a ?, Losman might not be ready...

Now, Marv has made this team very young (thus, inexperienced), and the vets are forced to learn new systems yet again. This is probably the right thing for the future, but we're still gonna get our asses handed to us this year.

We were what, 2nd in defense the year before with the same crew?

OpIv37
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
We were what, 2nd in defense the year before with the same crew?

the same crew? We lost TKO, we lost Pat Williams, plus Fletcher, Posey, Vincent, and Milloy were a year older. I hardly call that the same crew.

Now, Adams is gone, Milloy is gone (probably a good thing), Fletcher, Posey and Vincent are ANOTHER year older, Clements has been exposed and no one knows how TKO will come back from his injury. And they're all learning a new system. If we crack the top half of the league in D I'll be shocked.

billsburgh
05-18-2006, 11:03 PM
hey, why not? stranger things have happened.

Philagape
05-18-2006, 11:36 PM
I think we have an extreme outside longshot ......

at .500

LtFinFan66
05-19-2006, 02:09 AM

You heard it here first. I'm saying it. It's going to be an amazing comeback year.in what year?

Historian
05-19-2006, 05:38 AM
I think you're suffering from Sabres Fever. As much as I'd like to see it, I can't envision an NFL team with a new coaching staff, a new offensive and defensive system, a possible turnover in the starting line-up of 50% or greater, etc, winning the division.

True.

However, I think they're definately pointed in the right direction, and I think DJ is going to surprise some people.

8-8 is no longer a stretch...but this is clearly a rebuilding year.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 08:56 AM
I can only hope that this threads turns out to be like the Mayock Mock thread where the guy on crack turns out to be right.

MDFINFAN
05-19-2006, 07:42 PM
I can only hope that this threads turns out to be like the Mayock Mock thread where the guy on crack turns out to be right.

I just hope we don't take you for granted and you guys actually end up winning the AFCE...Any given Sunday is real in the NFL...

John Doe
05-19-2006, 08:16 PM
The Dolphins turned things around last year with a completely new system on both sides of the ball.

It is completely possible that the Bills could do the same.

dbergan
05-20-2006, 02:15 AM
The Dolphins turned things around last year with a completely new system on both sides of the ball.

It is completely possible that the Bills could do the same.

True statement. Unlikely to make a major turnaround in the first year but certainly possible. It all depends on if the team believes in the coaching staff and the system. The phins started believing toward the second half of the season and then got hot. Could happen (and has happened) numerous times before w/ other teams.

Even if it doesn't....hard core fans should expect nothing less.....

ublinkwescore
05-20-2006, 03:38 AM
Very lucky.

Get behind me Satan!!!

:ee:

ublinkwescore
05-20-2006, 03:40 AM
the same crew? We lost TKO, we lost Pat Williams, plus Fletcher, Posey, Vincent, and Milloy were a year older. I hardly call that the same crew.

Now, Adams is gone, Milloy is gone (probably a good thing), Fletcher, Posey and Vincent are ANOTHER year older, Clements has been exposed and no one knows how TKO will come back from his injury. And they're all learning a new system. If we crack the top half of the league in D I'll be shocked.

How much of our D sucking was the result of our O going three and out on a regular basis - did we lead the league in three and outs?

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I personally blame the O line for that.

BrunnyJ
05-20-2006, 08:01 AM
To hell with it! I agree.

HHURRICANE
05-20-2006, 08:36 AM

Wow. "we're not that far away". Did you watch any of the games last year?!

Yes Mularkey and Grey sucked last year, but I wasn't impressed with what was on the field either. I will say this, I think we will be a legitimate contender after this season. Dick Jauron was a solid hire and when you stress character you end up getting a pretty good football team eventually.

But please, no playoff talk this year. let's just hope we start develpoing our future.

justasportsfan
05-20-2006, 02:18 PM
Wow. "we're not that far away". Did you watch any of the games last year?!

Yes Mularkey and Grey sucked last year, but I wasn't impressed with what was on the field either. I will say this, I think we will be a legitimate contender after this season. Dick Jauron was a solid hire and when you stress character you end up getting a pretty good football team eventually.

But please, no playoff talk this year. let's just hope we start develpoing our future. Although the Jauron being solid is yet to be seen , otherwise well said.

BillyT92679
05-20-2006, 05:54 PM

You never, ever know.

The Pats were 5-11 in 2000. One year later, SB champs.

The Rams were below .500 for pretty much the whole decade of the 1990's. 1999 SB champs

The Steelers went from 6-10 to 15-1 in one season, just by adding Big Ben. One player who did not have extraordinary numbers at all.

People seem to forget that the Bills were 9-7 and should have made the playoffs just two years ago if not for laying an egg in the Steelers game. I am not saying they are going to be anything better than 8-8, but why not sit back and enjoy the ride this year? No one is expecting a great season so the Bills have nothing to lose.

dolphinssuck
05-20-2006, 06:35 PM
Thats why the games are played. You just never know whos coming out on top each year. The AFC East is a very competitive divison year in and year out and every game is important.

bledslow
05-20-2006, 07:12 PM
For the love of goodness mods,can we move this to the science-fiction forums. bills are going 4 wins tops,maybe 5(7 or 8 wins if holcomb is starting). Low quality post like this one is gonna make me no longer post here.

pats have to much top talent not to win this division.

brady
colvin
seymour
warfield
healthy dillon
healthy harrison
wilfork
The MAN,THE LEGEND,THE INSPIRATION TO THE SPORTS WORLD TEDDDDDDDYYYYY BRUSCHIIIIIII.
branch
and there NEW running back(Maroney) is gonna be running around everybody with his ridiculous speed and cut-back ability.
(maybe ty law).
ect ect
the second best team is miami--and they almost lost last year to the pats 2nd and 3rd stringers.i think the pats lost the game on purpose.

if holcomb plays every game,bills have a decent shot coming in 2nd place,but no shot in hell coming in first.

OpIv37
05-20-2006, 10:44 PM
How much of our D sucking was the result of our O going three and out on a regular basis - did we lead the league in three and outs?

I wouldn't be surprised if we did. I personally blame the O line for that.

the D sucking was a result of several things, most importantly:

1. Bad coaching.
2. Talent Gap
3. Being on the field too long cuz the offense couldn't sustain a drive.

But I think the last one is the least significant factor- ie even if the O kept the D off the field more, the bad coaching and lack of talent would still have been extremely problematic.

We're going to have at least one and possibly 3 rookies starting on D, plus all the guys will be learning a new system. Face it people- the D we had in 03 and 04 no longer exists.

Bling
05-20-2006, 10:54 PM
Want to know something you're all overlooking?

All the teams that changed have incredible coaches.
Nick Saban, Bill Belicheck (Patriots), Bill Cowher, Dick Vermeil (Rams).

For all you homer's sake, good luck with Jauron. Maybe he's the next Bill Belicheck. Or maybe he's like every other recycled coach. Who knows.

John Doe
05-21-2006, 05:58 AM
There is plenty of talent at the skill positions and the defense is going to be energized by the new players.

A winning record is entirely possible.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2006, 07:09 AM
Want to know something you're all overlooking?

All the teams that changed have incredible coaches.
Nick Saban, Bill Belicheck (Patriots), Bill Cowher, Dick Vermeil (Rams).

For all you homer's sake, good luck with Jauron. Maybe he's the next Bill Belicheck. Or maybe he's like every other recycled coach. Who knows.

I think people are severly underestimating Dick Jauron. Out of all of the coaches available, the Bills did the right thing. They hired a coach with head coach experience. Plus he went 13-3 with Cordell Stewart, I believe, as the QB. Plus it wasn't that good a team and many predicted an early exit in the playoffs, which they got. Who else would we have hired? The next best option was Sherman and I'm not sure he is a "rebuilding" kind of coach.

One of the reasons that Chicago is still playing well is because of Jauron. It was very similar to Dungy in Tampa. I don't know if Jauron can get us a SB, but he is more than capable of getting us to the post season.

justasportsfan
05-21-2006, 03:10 PM
Low quality post like this one is gonna make me no longer post here.

Turf, quickly, start another thread. Please! :D

feelthepain
05-21-2006, 03:52 PM
One of the reasons that Chicago is still playing well is because of Jauron. It was very similar to Dungy in Tampa. I don't know if Jauron can get us a SB, but he is more than capable of getting us to the post season.

The Bears are playing well because of Lovie Smith, not Juron. Just like when Lovie was with the Rams and they were a SB D. Now the Bears D is SB caliber. Thats why the Bears are good, Juron has nothing to do with it.

Turf
05-21-2006, 05:30 PM
Turf, quickly, start another thread. Please! :D

I must select carefully. It's difficult to come up with such tactful material :D

Meathead
05-21-2006, 09:35 PM
in todays nfl teams routinely come out of nowhere to contend for the superbowl. look at the playoff participants from year to year, most of the teams didnt even qualify the year prior and many times its teams that had around 4 wins the previous year

still it would appear the bills have too many issues to address to put it all together in 06. their best chance is for the light to go off in losmans head and start playing like the third year first round pick that he is

normally this is the season that a qb is going to have that breakthrough so its not at all out of the question. and will a marquee rb and some impressive speed and depth at wr there should be no shortage of prime time players to help him out

still it just feels like too green too fast too soon

BillsFever21
05-22-2006, 12:06 AM
I think people are severly underestimating Dick Jauron. Out of all of the coaches available, the Bills did the right thing. They hired a coach with head coach experience. Plus he went 13-3 with Cordell Stewart, I believe, as the QB. Plus it wasn't that good a team and many predicted an early exit in the playoffs, which they got. Who else would we have hired? The next best option was Sherman and I'm not sure he is a "rebuilding" kind of coach.

Please enlighten some of us how Jauron is the reason the Bears are twice the team they were two years after Jauron was fired?

And they are "still good". They were terrible when Jauron got fired. Once Lovie Smith took over he turned the defense and team around. How can they still be good because of Jauron when they sucked at the time he was fired.

They were worthless garbage(except for one season) when Jauron was there. The defense was terrible when he left. Now they have a great defense and made the playoffs. How is Jauron the reason for that?

I can't wait for the reason(s) why. It should be very entertaining.

If the Bills are a good team in 2 years and make the playoffs it will be because of Mike Mularkey. There is no doubt in my mind.

Mr. Pink
05-22-2006, 06:11 AM

Going off this reasoning means the Dolphins got one of the best OCs if not the BEST OC in football. The steelers offense was good while he was there and Mularkey turned Kordell and then Tommy Maddox into PRO-BOWL QBs.

Yet, we all laugh at the Dolphins getting Mularkey and we laud the signing with NO reservation of Jauron.

Color me confused.