PDA

View Full Version : Cieslak Grabbing Attention at Tight End

The_Philster
05-18-2006, 07:28 PM
In 2005 Brad Cieslak was a member of the Bills practice squad before getting called up to the active roster late in the year for special teams duty the final two weeks of the season. The practice squad is often viewed as a haven for players like Cieslak to hone their techniques and skills while providing the starters with a good look at what the opponent might run that Sunday. more (http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3772)

ParanoidAndroid
05-18-2006, 08:24 PM
Wow! Give me about 5 or 6 more like him at various positions.

ICE74129
05-18-2006, 09:08 PM
I saw that, good for him!

billsburgh
05-18-2006, 11:11 PM
they usually only keep 3 tight ends, right? If so, who wont be here opening day, Everett or Euhus? whoever can make it through training camp without getting hurt.

casdhf
05-19-2006, 09:43 AM
Euhus is toast ... he can't block for ****.

bigbub2352
05-19-2006, 09:48 AM
Actually i think if Everett doesnt get his act together u could see him go, that could have been a very bad pick for TD, how bad would that be if him and Roscoe dont work out, I hope they do but no one seemed to impressed with Everett in mimi camp and he was still limping

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 09:51 AM
Actually i think if Everett doesnt get his act together u could see him go, that could have been a very bad pick for TD, how bad would that be if him and Roscoe dont work out, I hope they do but no one seemed to impressed with Everett in mimi camp and he was still limping

IMHO Willis, Parrish and Everett were all bad picks.

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 12:53 PM
Well, considering the potential starting TE is a former backup for the Wershington Redskins, I am not really surprised.

At this juncture, I wouldn't be surprised to see MyBills making strides in mini camp at the TE position.

ryjam282
05-19-2006, 01:44 PM
IMHO Willis, Parrish and Everett were all bad picks.

Willis was a bad pick? He is twice as good as Henry is and will now be 2 years removed from the injury. How can you say that?

Parrish has been decent for us thus far. He played well when he returned from the wrist and was dominating in practice prior to that happening. He is also quite explosive in punt returns as well. Nice try yet again ICE.

Everett, how can you say he was a bad pick? What has he shown you that makes you come to this conclusion? Anyone can get injured at any time. Does that mean they are bad picks? Come on, have some kind of rationale behind your posts. This is getting a little ridiculous.

You are always one of the first ones to jump on board and bash our Bills. This is a Bills board, most of the people here are Bills fans. Hell, even the Pats fans give compliments from time to time. I can't remember your last pro-Bills post. And no, "Good job firing TD" is not considered one of your pro-Bills post.

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
This is a Bills board, most of the people here are Bills fans. Hell, even the Pats fans give compliments from time to time
Yeah, after a Sam Adams and Chowder binge.

It's like when a normal guy hooks up with a burner thanks in part to beer-gogglitis. It doesn't really count.

ryjam282
05-19-2006, 02:01 PM
I thought it was Chowdah?? :scratch:

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 02:23 PM
Willis was a bad pick? He is twice as good as Henry is and will now be 2 years removed from the injury. How can you say that?

Willis is bad in this aspect, we had far more pressing needs than a RB when TD selected him. On the field production wise, he hasn't shown a marked improvement on the production we got out of Henry either. So yes, there is a legitimacy to saying it's a bad pick.

Parrish has been decent for us thus far. He played well when he returned from the wrist and was dominating in practice prior to that happening. He is also quite explosive in punt returns as well. Nice try yet again ICE.

Great, now we're making the argument that drafting a WR in round 2 is a good choice when his main contribution is SPECIAL TEAMS! Fact is this Parrish is too small to play at the NFL level and be a 2nd round pick type contributor. AND no it has nothing to do with his height, he weighs about 165 soaking wet, he'll get killed by an NFL LB or S. So he needs to bulk up in order to be a viable threat, problem is will the extra bulk slow him down? No way to tell. Again, another pick with more glaring needs than WR at the time he was selected especially with his size issues.

Everett, how can you say he was a bad pick? What has he shown you that makes you come to this conclusion? Anyone can get injured at any time. Does that mean they are bad picks? Come on, have some kind of rationale behind your posts. This is getting a little ridiculous.

Everett was injury prone in college, it was his main knock. So to see that's he injured for us, not once by twice now, should be of no surprise to anyone. I do like this pick though if he can ever stay healthy. Given his past that might be a stretch. He was a risk-reward pick, problem is we have yet to see the reward...and another year of injuries and he might find himself out of the NFL.

You are always one of the first ones to jump on board and bash our Bills. This is a Bills board, most of the people here are Bills fans. Hell, even the Pats fans give compliments from time to time. I can't remember your last pro-Bills post. And no, "Good job firing TD" is not considered one of your pro-Bills post.

ryjam282
05-19-2006, 02:47 PM
Everett wasn't injury prone in college. He had to sit behing Shockey and Winslow II.
I didn't say Parrish's main contribution was special teams but after he came back from him injury that is where he made his splash cause he didn't have to learn an offense or the speed of that part of the game. It was catch the ball and run, on O, he made a big improvement as the year went on.
McGahee hasn't done better then Henry? We traded Henry based soley on what McGahee did 2 years ago. In the 11 games he played while Henry was injured. We both know the main reason he struggled so mightily last year was cause of the QB situation. Walter couldn't run behind that line in the same situation.

Pressing needs at the time of the picks means nothing to me. They were all solid picks and with the exception of Everett to this point have all shown what they can do.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Everett wasn't injury prone in college. He had to sit behing Shockey and Winslow II.
I didn't say Parrish's main contribution was special teams but after he came back from him injury that is where he made his splash cause he didn't have to learn an offense or the speed of that part of the game. It was catch the ball and run, on O, he made a big improvement as the year went on.
McGahee hasn't done better then Henry? We traded Henry based soley on what McGahee did 2 years ago. In the 11 games he played while Henry was injured. We both know the main reason he struggled so mightily last year was cause of the QB situation. Walter couldn't run behind that line in the same situation.

Pressing needs at the time of the picks means nothing to me. They were all solid picks and with the exception of Everett to this point have all shown what they can do.

What exactly has Parrish shown? He didn't have enough time to show anything because of injury. And he was picked in round 2....he's a project player with speed, that's NOT what round 2 picks are for.

And what has McGahee shown more than Henry so far in their respective Bills career, I could quote stats here, but I'm lazy. Production wise, Willis hasn't shown anything more than what Henry did, period.

John Doe
05-19-2006, 08:10 PM
What exactly has Parrish shown? He didn't have enough time to show anything because of injury. And he was picked in round 2....he's a project player with speed, that's NOT what round 2 picks are for.

I don't consider Parrish a project. He had the misfortune of being injured early in training camp - a big setback for any rookie.

And what has McGahee shown more than Henry so far in their respective Bills career, I could quote stats here, but I'm lazy. Production wise, Willis hasn't shown anything more than what Henry did, period.

I can't think of any reason why anyone would rather have Travis Henry on the Bills right now instead of Willis.

FlyingDutchman
05-20-2006, 12:21 AM
Go Cieslak!

http://z.about.com/d/animatedtv/1/0/f/moe.jpg