• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

London Fletcher on Why The Bills Sucked in '05

5. In a very revealing chat with Bills linebacker London Fletcher, we gained insight into what went wrong for the Bills last season.

In discussing the quarterback situation from a year ago, Fletcher said: "We felt Kelly (Holcomb) was the better quarterback in August and should've been the starter. Everyone needs to earn a job, not (be) given a position where you were drafted. I think that really hurt J.P. (Losman)."

This new coaching staff and Bills hierarchy doesn't have any connection to Losman. It is going to be fascinating to monitor this quarterback battle in training camp.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5619616

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE
  • patmoran2006
    Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
    • Dec 2005

Re: London Fletcher on Why The Bills Sucked in '05

Im telling you right now, with this team, ESPECIALLY with Levy and Jauron.. Whomever just ASSUMES JP will start cause he's a #1 pick and younger is CRAZY.

WE all "assumed" Levy would go DL and OL through-out the draft. Didn't happen.

What these coaches are saying isn't smokescreens... There WILL be a legit QB competition and dont be shocked if Holcomb wins it.

Comment

• billsburgh
      • Jul 2003

I wont be shocked if Holcomb wins the competition. I will be depressed though becuase it shows how bad the qb situation really is. If Holcomb is the best of the 3, it will be a long season. I cant wait for more 3 yard dump offs on 3rd and long.

Comment

• patmoran2006
        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
        • Dec 2005

I think it comes down to if Marv ends up fooling himself into thinking this really is a "win now' team..

If he believes that, Holcomb may start. Unlike Mularkey, Jauron doesnt have to coach for his job; so why Losman (or even Nall) wouldnt be our starter is beyond me.

Comment

• billsburgh
          • Jul 2003

it looks as though there will be alot of youth getting alot of playing time this year, so why not qb as well. Let all of these young players develop some chemistry and it will pay off next year or the year after.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by patmoran2006
            [B]"We felt Kelly (Holcomb) was the better quarterback in August and should've been the starter. Everyone needs to earn a job, not (be) given a position where you were drafted. I think that really hurt J.P. (Losman)."
            Cut the MOFO now....right ICE ?
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Im telling you right now, with this team, ESPECIALLY with Levy and Jauron.. Whomever just ASSUMES JP will start cause he's a #1 pick and younger is CRAZY.

WE all "assumed" Levy would go DL and OL through-out the draft. Didn't happen.

What these coaches are saying isn't smokescreens... There WILL be a legit QB competition and dont be shocked if Holcomb wins it.
              It's evident with his moves in the draft that Marv doesn't care what media or fans think. If he feels JP isn't the guy, he won't make him the starer. I believe in JP's talent though and I can only hope he's smart.
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• bigbub2352
                • Feb 2005

brady quinn here we come if either nall or holocomb start
                XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

Man, JP is getting tossed under the bus worse than that lady from SPEED

Comment

• acehole
                    • Jan 2006

I think it comes down to if Marv ends up fooling himself into thinking this really is a "win now' team..

If he believes that, Holcomb may start. Unlike Mularkey, Jauron doesnt have to coach for his job; so why Losman (or even Nall) wouldnt be our starter is beyond me.
                    I think the opposite. He knows this is not a win now team...he will put Holcom in because of that...get good draft status for next year...give JP and Nall one year to learn the offence and one of those guys will be our starter in 2008.
                    Hated by the stupid..
                    Loved by their moms.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Fletcher said: "We felt Kelly (Holcomb) was the better quarterback in August and should've been the starter.
                      Stick to talking about the defense Fletch. You obviously don't know jack about offense if you think that Holcomb was the answer. He sucked too, and unlike JP who is inexperienced, doesn't have any excuses.

Mark my words, if Kelly starts, this team goes 5-11 or worse.

edited to remove blatant avoidance of filter-thx
                      Last edited by shelby; 05-19-2006, 07:43 PM.

Comment

• MDFINFAN
                        • Jun 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman
                        Man, JP is getting tossed under the bus worse than that lady from SPEED
                        This kind of reminds me of the Joey H. situation in Detriot, I hope it doesn't get to that for you guys, that was ugly in Detriot.

Reach for the stars

Comment

• G. Host
                          Banned
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mr. Cynical
                          Stick to talking about the defense Fletch. You obviously don't know jack about offense if you think that Holcomb was the answer. He sucked too, and unlike JP who is inexperienced, doesn't have any excuses.
                          If Fletcher doesn't know anything about offense being a professional football player because he does not agree with you, you should not talk at all since you have no professional football experience.

Comment

• John Doe
                            Florida Man
                            • Jul 2002

What Fletcher said about last year also applies to this year: you earn your right to start. If the coaches do not follow through on that, then why would the players buy into anything else that they say?

You don't do a disservice to your team by believing that you can win now. Establishing a culture of winning is as important as anything else.

Comment

• Turf
                              • Jul 2002

There's really no doubt in my mind Nall will be the starter.
                              Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                              X