PDA

View Full Version : Bills' Gibson might be offensive line's X-factor

The_Philster
05-19-2006, 04:39 AM
With little fanfare, the Buffalo Bills signed 6'7", 370-pound offensive lineman Aaron Gibson to an undisclosed contract last month. The signing probably won't end up as anything but a mere footnote, but Gibson is hoping it turns into much more. The former Detroit Lion, Dallas Cowboy and Chicago Bear signed with the Bills hoping for another chance to prove himself after what has been an abysmal career, and he may have found it.more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/05/aaron-gibson-bills190506.html)

Mitchy moo
05-19-2006, 07:03 AM
With little fanfare, the Buffalo Bills signed 6'7", 370-pound offensive lineman Aaron Gibson to an undisclosed contract last month. The signing probably won't end up as anything but a mere footnote, but Gibson is hoping it turns into much more. The former Detroit Lion, Dallas Cowboy and Chicago Bear signed with the Bills hoping for another chance to prove himself after what has been an abysmal career, and he may have found it.more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/05/aaron-gibson-bills190506.html)

We lose Mike willams and gain gibson, 6 to 1 half dozen to another.

Devin
05-19-2006, 07:12 AM
yeah i dont put a whole lot of faith in him. At best I cant see him as more then a backup.

Earthquake Enyart
05-19-2006, 07:20 AM
Gibson is bigger and fatter than big, fat Mike.

He's a giant tub of goo.

MVP
05-19-2006, 08:30 AM
Peters and Gandy are a lock at the tackle position.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 09:28 AM
Classic low rish-high reward signing.

If Gibson gets his head out of the buffet line and commits himself to wanting to play winning football and be in shape...this could easily be our best FA signing this offseason.

Bill Cody
05-19-2006, 10:01 AM
He will probably make the team as a backup but if he plays it will be at guard not tackle. His feet are about as quick as one of those draw bridges they open for passing ships. Is Gibson his real name or was that just the name of his favorite refrigerator?

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 10:18 AM
Classic low rish-high reward signing.

If Gibson gets his head out of the buffet line and commits himself to wanting to play winning football and be in shape...this could easily be our best FA signing this offseason.

Agreed.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 10:37 AM
He better be quick for his size or speedy players like Freeney are just gonna run past by him like he was Ralphy.

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 04:26 PM
He better be quick for his size or speedy players like Freeney are just gonna run past by him like he was Ralphy.

The key is first step. I think he is a career RT and or RT backup so normally he won't face the fastest Pass rushers. If he can get the weight down, speed up his first step and not get stuck on the plant leg, he will be fine.

I personally would like to see him be our backup RT for the next 2-3 years if he doesn't start.