PDA

View Full Version : Vic Carucci on radio very interesting comments on QB.....

bigbub2352
05-19-2006, 08:26 AM
Vic Carucci on 103.3 the edge this morning, very very interesting when asked what is the latest news on the Bills

He said that one of his sources who is a Losman supporter thinks that Craig Nall will be the starting QB on this roster at the start of the regular season after all is said and done. He also said that when u get a new coaching regime and Personel regime they want there own guy, (NAll) and his source thinks Losman will go in and be successful after Nall falters on the feild, if he does, He also said that he again was a fan of our draft second week in a row

Ruben Brown was also on and said that Jauron was the main reason why Chicago is now good and the players including him loved playing for him, he is a great evaluater of talent as if Marv and he thinks the Bills are headed in the right direction and had gotten the players they needed in the draft!!!

McGahee420
05-19-2006, 08:32 AM
Vic Carucci on 103.3 the edge this morning, very very interesting when asked what is the latest news on the Bills

He said that one of his sources who is a Losman supporter thinks that Craig Nall will be the starting QB on this roster at the start of the regular season after all is said and done. He also said that when u get a new coaching regime and Personel regime they want there own guy, (NAll) and his source thinks Losman will go in and be successful after Nall falters on the feild, if he does, He also said that he again was a fan of our draft second week in a row

Ruben Brown was also on and said that Jauron was the main reason why Chicago is now good and the players including him loved playing for him, he is a great evaluater of talent as if Marv and he thinks the Bills are headed in the right direction and had gotten the players they needed in the draft!!!

Thanks for the Info.

Night Train
05-19-2006, 08:44 AM
It's just a prediction.

I'm sure camp and the pre-season will be 99 % of the determining factor of who our starters are at ALL positions... and that's 3-4 months away. I'm not going to draw conclusions after every Chris Brown mini-camp blurb. Means little.

I'm loyal to the laundry. The actual names don't matter to me. Just win.

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 08:46 AM

Thats fine until the Bills start Holcomb and he sucks up the place worse than Flutie or RJ.

Jan Reimers
05-19-2006, 09:58 AM
I respect Carucci more than most of his counterparts, so I put some stock in what he says. I agree that when all is said and done, JP will be our QB - he simply has far more talent than Nall and Holcomb.

ICE74129
05-19-2006, 10:17 AM
I respect Carucci more than most of his counterparts, so I put some stock in what he says. I agree that when all is said and done, JP will be our QB - he simply has far more talent than Nall and Holcomb.

So what? he can put a ball through a brick wall. Brady can't and has 3 SB rings. Montana couldnt' and has 4.

I want the kid to start 'getting it' on the field and be a leader. IF he does that then yeah, no one on this roster will unseat him. Hell if he ever gets it...he will be a top 10 QB. right now though that is a BIG if.

Earthquake Enyart
05-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Jauron has shown in the past that he will play the player that he thinks is the best. He played Jim Miller instead of #1 draft pick Cade McNown.

This was one of the reasons he was fired.

I have no idea who he will pick. The pre season should be interesting.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 11:21 AM

Good for Ruben Brown and loving a coach with a career losing record. I'd hate to see how bad Jaurons' teams were if they hated him except for one season.

bigbub2352
05-19-2006, 11:41 AM
I would not be oppossed to Nall starting if he shows in the preseason that he can play, i just really hope it is not Kelly Holocomb, he stinks, and has stunk for 10 years, plus we r overpaying him as our back up, give Ochs a shot at the 3 spot, instead of a hasbeen, assuming nall or Jp are the starter, and they other who does not start is the backup

TigerJ
05-19-2006, 12:39 PM
It's just a prediction.

I'm sure camp and the pre-season will be 99 % of the determining factor of who our starters are at ALL positions... and that's 3-4 months away. I'm not going to draw conclusions after every Chris Brown mini-camp blurb. Means little.

It's true that this time of year, anything you hear should be taken with a grain of salt because so much can change. Still, in the slow time of year, it's nice to hear something, especially if it sounds positive.

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 12:49 PM
Thats fine until the Bills start Holcomb and he sucks up the place worse than Flutie or RJ.

Hey don't leave out poor Todd Collins, he sucked worse than all 3 of them combined.

ryjam282
05-19-2006, 01:17 PM

Flutie sucked? He was what, like 21-8 while he was here. I know, we had some pretty dominant D's while he was here but come on, the guy won games. I agree with RJ, cause he was a joke. Flutie was not.

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM
Rob Johnson can suck it.

madness
05-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Jauron has shown in the past that he will play the player that he thinks is the best. He played Jim Miller instead of #1 draft pick Cade McNown.

This was one of the reasons he was fired.

And it also didn't help that his own GM had it out for him since day one. This is why right now I am taking the losing seasons with a grain of salt. It also makes the 13-3 season even more impressive to me. Besides this guy is one of the most respected guys in league and not just by players... by practically everyone.

I really want to see what this guy can do with a more than cooperative GM at his side.

That being said, I mentioned basically the same thing as Carucci when we first brought in Nall. I can see him winning this job outright in camp with JP ready to step up IF Nall falters. If JP comes out on top in camp, especially learning this new offense, all the greater. Hopefully that will be a start to proving he was worth the price we paid to get him.

I see Holcomb as insurance if neither of the step up. Let's hope it doesn't come to this. :ill:

bigbub2352
05-19-2006, 01:32 PM
what about billy joe hobart, and Vince faragamo

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 02:12 PM
You forgot Bruce Mathison!

Earthquake Enyart
05-19-2006, 02:13 PM
Dan Manucci would be upset to be left out of this conversation. :mad:

Dr. Lecter
05-19-2006, 02:17 PM
Joe Dufek.

Willie Totten.

patmoran2006
05-19-2006, 08:20 PM
Saying Doug Flutie sucked for the Buffalo Bills is about as ignorant and stupid a statement anyone can ever make.

He was 21-9 as a starter and the Bills made the playoffs two of those three seasons.

Someone remind me.. We've done WHAT in the post-Flutie era?

Oh yeah, one other small thing.. Flutie basically is a PRIMARY reason why this is still the "Buffalo" Bills. Do you need a history lesson?

Ignorance reigns supreme with some people, I swear.

SquishDaFish
05-19-2006, 08:29 PM
Great posting Pat

Philagape
05-19-2006, 10:37 PM
What did Flutie do in the post-Flutie era?

djjimkelly
05-20-2006, 01:37 AM
fluties W/L didnt suck however everyone always forgets our D allowed about 15 points per game. our defense won those games flutie just happened to do a few clutch things to secure a few wins

YardRat
05-20-2006, 05:19 AM
I've maintained, from the time he was signed, that Nall would end up being the starter...so I agree with Carucci's source on that point.

Whether he falters or not, I still have my doubts if JP can come in and be successful or not. He has all the physical tools, but as Ice said, he still has yet to prove that he has the mental capacity for the game that's necessary to be productive at this level. He has yet to show that he 'get's it'.

HHURRICANE
05-20-2006, 08:45 AM
Vic
He said that one of his sources who is a Losman supporter thinks that Craig Nall will be the starting QB on this roster at the start of the regular season after all is said and done.

This is the last "Nall" in the coffin for me!!

:roflmao:

Dozerdog
05-20-2006, 08:53 AM
Matt Kofler & Joe dufek

BillsFever21
05-20-2006, 09:47 AM
JP has only had 8 games to prove himself. How can you say he doesn't have the mental capacity? If that was the case then any QB(with a few exceptions) that ever played would've shown they didn't have the "mental capacity" to play the position.

patmoran2006
05-20-2006, 10:32 AM
I think the job is JP's to lose, but unlike last year he wont be handed anything.

The_Philster
05-20-2006, 11:03 AM
He was 21-9 as a starter and the Bills made the playoffs two of those three seasons.someone explain to me how you can actually give 1 player credit for W-L in a TEAM game? :rolleyes:

ublinkwescore
05-20-2006, 11:58 AM
someone explain to me how you can actually give 1 player credit for W-L in a TEAM game? :rolleyes:

It's very easy for me to give him credit as the obviously better QB than his counterpart was.

When Flutie was our starter, we won games, and made the playoffs.

When RJ took over, we went 8-8 one year, and then got worse.

Is that explanation enough?

ublinkwescore
05-20-2006, 11:59 AM
I still think we would have beaten the Titans if Flutie would have played.

The_Philster
05-20-2006, 12:24 PM
It's very easy for me to give him credit as the obviously better QB than his counterpart was.

When Flutie was our starter, we won games, and made the playoffs.

When RJ took over, we went 8-8 one year, and then got worse.

Is that explanation enough?
Not in the least....because I wasn't comparing RJ and Flutie. All anyone is saying by giving Flutie all the credit is that the O-line, WRs, RBs, TEs, STs, Defense, Coaching were all non-existant for the Bills. We had the top defense in the league in 1999 yet anyone giving credit to Flutie for all the wins and losses is saying that the defense didn't do anything. I guess someone should tell Bruce Smith he's no longer the NFL all-time Sack Leader since the 7 sacks that he accrued in 1999 are being credited to Flutie :rolleyes:

YardRat
05-20-2006, 01:01 PM
JP has only had 8 games to prove himself. How can you say he doesn't have the mental capacity? If that was the case then any QB(with a few exceptions) that ever played would've shown they didn't have the "mental capacity" to play the position.

I didn't say he doesn't have it. I said he has yet to prove that he does.

justasportsfan
05-20-2006, 01:58 PM
Hey don't leave out poor Todd Collins, he sucked worse than all 3 of them combined.
he did last longer in this league than Rob. What good is talent if you're a quitter. Rob was a quitter on the field and he obviously quit on himself. He was a loser.

justasportsfan
05-20-2006, 02:03 PM
someone explain to me how you can actually give 1 player credit for W-L in a TEAM game? :rolleyes:

he doesn't get credit for winning the games. He does get credit for LEADING the team. He wasn't good , but he did enough. He had more heart than talent. Rob had the talent but a heart that was weak. That was the difference between both qb's. Any of your jills had more balls than Rob.

joekurtz
05-20-2006, 06:45 PM
WOW.
All these later & we're STILL going on about Flutie vs Johnson?!!
Jesuit Priest!

I don't think anyone here in this particular thread is saying that Flutie deserved ALL the credit or was SOLELY responsible for going 21-9 when he led the team. But, obviously the team responded better to HIS leadership & direction than they did to RJ's. There can be no doubting that.
Other than that one single game vs Indy, what did Johnson ever do when it really mattered? Nothing but disappoint & frustrate.

The_Philster
05-20-2006, 06:50 PM
WOW.
All these later & we're STILL going on about Flutie vs Johnson?!!
Jesuit Priest!

I don't think anyone here in this particular thread is saying that Flutie deserved ALL the credit or was SOLELY responsible for going 21-9 when he led the team. But, obviously the team responded better to HIS leadership & direction than they did to RJ's. There can be no doubting that.
Other than that one single game vs Indy, what did Johnson ever do when it really mattered? Nothing but disappoint & frustrate.Check posts 12 and 19 in this thread ;)
Thing is...people bring up the W-L record constantly...even when not comparing the 2. I could understand it somewhat if brought up in a comparison, but to keep bringing it up regardless shows a lack of common sense..and I know that one of those who brings it up ad nauseum is normally a pretty astute poster when it comes to football.