PDA

View Full Version : Do we really have anything to look forward to this year come season?

Mitchy moo
05-19-2006, 11:00 AM
We got no big names in the draft and really nothing exciting talent wise to mention. We have a ton of work to do and the guys all need to learn a new system. I think this is going to be a tramatic year for us and I personally plan on not attending any home or away games. I will watch on TV with distain.

McGahee420
05-19-2006, 11:14 AM
We got no big names in the draft and really nothing exciting talent wise to mention. We have a ton of work to do and the guys all need to learn a new system. I think this is going to be a tramatic year for us and I personally plan on not attending any home or away games. I will watch on TV with distain.

Come on man, going to the games are still awesome. Tailgating in Buffalo is awesome, worth going to even if not a fan. I am looking forward to the new defense scheme. The special teams are great to watch also. I can see why your being negative because there is no good pick ups, but I thought our draft was good, and I am excited to see what they do.

Night Train
05-19-2006, 11:17 AM
You should buy a bandwagon pass for the Steelers and quit following the Bills.

Do us...er...yourself a favor.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 11:19 AM
Come on man, going to the games are still awesome. Tailgating in Buffalo is awesome, worth going to even if not a fan. I am looking forward to the new defense scheme. The special teams are great to watch also. I can see why your being negative because there is no good pick ups, but I thought our draft was good, and I am excited to see what they do.

Here's why I think tailgating is as popular as it is and starts as early as it does here. You have to be drunk in order to watch this team, if you stay sober you're liable to break things. When you're drunk you can just laugh about it.

:rofl:

TedMock
05-19-2006, 11:26 AM

I don't think it's going to be traumatic at all. I don't think we're going to have a winning record either. I think this is a very young team, and they're going to make several young mistakes during the year. However, watching them grow, and get better will add to the fun. It will be frustrating at times, and exciting at times, but not traumatic.

If the fans all give up, then we'll never be attractive enough to bring in top flight talent. To stop going to games would only make you a quitter, a bandwaggoner, or a sellout. You don't want that.

Speaker
05-19-2006, 11:40 AM
Possibly another high draft pick that gets wasted on a late first round safety that wont be our biggest need.

Mitchy moo
05-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Possibly another high draft pick that gets wasted on a late first round safety that wont be our biggest need.

Nice to hear from the smartest person on here, thank you for your intelligent post. We will be drafting a tight end with that pick and a bunch of wide receivers.

Mitchy moo
05-19-2006, 11:45 AM
Here's why I think tailgating is as popular as it is and starts as early as it does here. You have to be drunk in order to watch this team, if you stay sober you're liable to break things. When you're drunk you can just laugh about it.

:rofl:

You have a good point here but Miami in Sept. is hot,humid and rainy. I'll pass on watching a bunch of drunk rednecks run around and swear at eachother.

McGahee420
05-19-2006, 11:58 AM
You have a good point here but Miami in Sept. is hot,humid and rainy. I'll pass on watching a bunch of drunk rednecks run around and swear at eachother.

Rednecks running around screaming at each other is hillarious! I went to a redneck school, WVU, and I thought it was great. They should make a show about rednecks being drunk and ******ed, oh nevermind, its called COPS.

SABURZFAN
05-19-2006, 12:23 PM

to answer the question,YES!!!!!you have something to look forward to.our special teams will after being #1 again for the 3rd year in a row. :up:

OpIv37
05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
I'm thinking of getting an HDTV- that will get me excited about the season. Football in 1.3 million pixels. The Bills will be getting their asses kicked, but they'll look damn good doing it.

McGahee420
05-19-2006, 12:29 PM
we also get to face the brilliant Mike Mularkey offense twice too!!!!

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 12:52 PM
I will be looking forward to more of your insightful comments Skoobs...

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm just looking forward to the change. It may be better or it might be worse. I'd rather be uncertain about the future than be certain about a sure failure if we still had the last staff here.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread by putting some light in to this sky is falling thread. Please proceed with your miserable outlook of the future.

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm thinking of getting an HDTV- that will get me excited about the season. Football in 1.3 million pixels. The Bills will be getting their asses kicked, but they'll look damn good doing it.

get the Sony 42 IN. Widescreen. That's what I have. LOVE IT! :up:

Mitchy moo
05-19-2006, 12:59 PM
I'm just looking forward to the change. It may be better or it might be worse. I'd rather be uncertain about the future than be certain about a sure failure if we still had the last staff here.

Sorry, not trying to hijack this thread by putting some light in to this sky is falling thread. Please proceed with your miserable outlook of the future.

Maybe the change will make things brighter but I have to damper my spirits, self defense mechanisms in place.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 01:08 PM
Maybe the change will make things brighter but I have to damper my spirits, self defense mechanisms in place.

We have a couple of smart people running this organization. Granted that those brains have yet to show any positive results on the field, I'm still optimistic about them over a Nazi who buids a team by placing his ego before the team.

If we kept TD, the sky would still be falling. Now that he's gone, it still is. There's alwyas something positive in every situation.

Earthquake Enyart
05-19-2006, 01:12 PM
NALL BALL BABY!

I'm STOKED!!

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 01:20 PM
We have a couple of smart people running this organization. Granted that those brains have yet to show any positive results on the field, I'm still optimistic about them over a Nazi who buids a team by placing his ego before the team.

If we kept TD, the sky would still be falling. Now that he's gone, it still is. There's alwyas something positive in every situation.

Realism inserted here....

We have a GREAT motivator for a GM as a judge of talent, we don't know yet. An Ass't GM, who take the T off of ass't and that's what he is, don't forget he was behind some of the TD moves. An owner who hires anyone and everyone on the cheap except for when he relinquished control to TD on everything. And a coach that "players love" but still has a losing record in the position of HC. At least we have a ST coordinator that's top-notch though!

OpIv37
05-19-2006, 01:22 PM
get the Sony 42 IN. Widescreen. That's what I have. LOVE IT! :up:

actually that's the one I was going to get- that or the 50" Sony (LCD rear projection)

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 01:23 PM
mine is LCD RP! It's great!

BillsNick
05-19-2006, 01:24 PM

Good. Don't come, we don't really want your fairweather kind there anyways. Why don't you pick a new team to follow, maybe the Eagles. Those fans are just like you. :bigwave:

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 01:25 PM
Skooby has a point for a change.

I don't agree with the not going or watching, but this team needs work.

BillsNick
05-19-2006, 01:31 PM
Skooby has a point for a change.

I don't agree with the not going or watching, but this team needs work.

Is there really anyone here that doesn't know that we need work? *sarcasm*

There is ONE thing we can look forward to. Skooby, not coming to any games. :snicker:

ryjam282
05-19-2006, 01:38 PM
I have a 50" LCD RP Sony as well as a 57" Hitachi RP CRT. I love them both. With an HD source, I really can't tell the difference. I love my TV's and the old school Bills uni's ROCK on there too...

Bill Brasky
05-19-2006, 01:46 PM
Is there really anyone here that doesn't know that we need work? *sarcasm*

There is ONE thing we can look forward to. Skooby, not coming to any games. :snicker:

I don't mind him. His off-color antics amuse me.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 01:54 PM
Realism inserted here....

We have a GREAT motivator for a GM as a judge of talent, we don't know yet. An Ass't GM, who take the T off of ass't and that's what he is, don't forget he was behind some of the TD moves. An owner who hires anyone and everyone on the cheap except for when he relinquished control to TD on everything. And a coach that "players love" but still has a losing record in the position of HC. At least we have a ST coordinator that's top-notch though!

I've always stated we're in a rebuilding mode. That's realistic as it can be. So don't go acting like I am being a homer about this team.

There are postives and there are negatives. I like having fun. Harping on the negtives takes the fun away. Why bother following the bills if it is no longer fun?

Modrakwas involved but not certainly BEHIND TD's moves. Modrak was working from home and not in OBD. He's more hands on now. Modrak is being credited for building the Eagles success in recent years. But that would be something positive. So in your case, why bother.

As for Jauron, there are guys like Vermiel and BB who had losing records in their first stint as HC. Instead of looking at things like there's a POSSIBILTY that Jauron could be one of them, NOOOOOOOO , you'd rather be whiny about it and look at things from a negative aspect.

Let me ask you something, was BB ever 'coach of the year' when he failed in his first outing? Why bother, that would be a positive thing about Jauron and that's not your style. Stay miserable if it makes you feel better.

McGahee420
05-19-2006, 02:02 PM
As for Jauron, there are guys like Vermiel and BB who had losing records in there first stint as HC. Instead of looking at things like there's a POSSIBILTY that Jauron could be one of them, NOOOOOOOO , you'd rather be whiny about it and look at things from a negative aspect.

Good point!!!!

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 02:10 PM
As for Jauron, there are guys like Vermiel and BB who had losing records in there first stint as HC. Instead of looking at things like there's a POSSIBILTY that Jauron could be one of them, NOOOOOOOO , you'd rather be whiny about it and look at things from a negative aspect.

Let me ask you something, was BB ever 'coach of the year' when he failed in his first outing? Why bother, that would be a positive thing about Jauron and that's not your style. Stay miserable if it makes you feel better.

Vermeil in his first coaching stint, with the Eagles, lead the Eagles to a SB in his 5th year, winning record in his 3rd. So in his first stint as an HC he didn't have a losing record. In fact the Eagles under Vermeils tenure won more games then they lost.

Bill Belichick lead the Browns to their first playoff berth in 5 years in his tenure. The Browns had the stingiest defense in his tenure also in the teams' history, giving up 212 points in 1994 if memory serves me right. He also lead them to their first playoff victory since beating the Bills in 89, also was the last Browns playoff victory. The Browns were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 and 11-5 with him at the helm, then the team was in the middle of moving and gave up in 1995. Earlier in 95, experts were predicting them to go on to the SB. So to say Belichick had no success in Cleveland is wrong. He never endeared himself to the fans due to releasing Bernie Kosar but he did put a competitive team on the field each year he was there minus 1995.

The difference is Jauron put up his good season in the middle of his tenure then REGRESSED and the team was putrid. Vermeil lead the Eagles to the SB. And Belichick lead the Browns to the playoffs, after the team getting better each year. But apparently you can't see that. I'm sure you can find examples of guys who sucked elsewhere and then turned it on with new surroundings. Or proven guys who were awesome coaches in one place and then sucked in their new homes. Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi both come to mind there.

But, at least get proper examples next time before stating "fact."

Always remember this my fellow posters, REALISM is often mistaken as pessimism.

Jan Reimers
05-19-2006, 02:16 PM
Let's just all quit like Skooby. After all, the draft sucked, our team sucks, our coaches suck, and it's no fun at all going to the Ralph.

There is absolutely no hope of our ever getting any better, so we might as well not buy tickets or support the team in any way. That's exactly the kind of attitude this franchise needs.

Man, I get frustrated too, but this constant gloom and doom thing before the season starts really gets old.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 02:29 PM
And I'm optimistic for this season, I'm realistic into thinking we're a 4-6 win team but optimistic that the o-line gels into a cohesive unit, Losman starts looking like he warranted a number 1 pick, Willis stops dancing before he hits the hole, Clements teaches Youboty a thing or two at the NFL level. As long as some strides are made towards this actually looking like a competitive team on most sundays, I'll be happy.

But some of you people seem to think we're a playoff team and <gasp> can actually win the AFC East. Problem is we're so far below New England and Miami, coaching wise, talent wise and intangibles those who think we have a serious shot at playoffs are just opening themselves up to disappointment.

I won't be disappointed if we don't make the playoffs because I know we're not going to. I will be disappointed if by the end of the year we're looking at a bunch of individuals and not a team. Which, is exactly what we were looking at last year. I want to see some progression and as long as there is progression then it's been a good year for us.

justasportsfan
05-19-2006, 02:36 PM
Vermeil in his first coaching stint, with the Eagles, lead the Eagles to a SB in his 5th year, winning record in his 3rd. So in his first stint as an HC he didn't have a losing record. In fact the Eagles under Vermeils tenure won more games then they lost.

Bill Belichick lead the Browns to their first playoff berth in 5 years in his tenure. The Browns had the stingiest defense in his tenure also in the teams' history, giving up 212 points in 1994 if memory serves me right. He also lead them to their first playoff victory since beating the Bills in 89, also was the last Browns playoff victory. The Browns were 6-10, 7-9, 7-9 and 11-5 with him at the helm, then the team was in the middle of moving and gave up in 1995. Earlier in 95, experts were predicting them to go on to the SB. So to say Belichick had no success in Cleveland is wrong. He never endeared himself to the fans due to releasing Bernie Kosar but he did put a competitive team on the field each year he was there minus 1995.

The difference is Jauron put up his good season in the middle of his tenure then REGRESSED and the team was putrid. Vermeil lead the Eagles to the SB. And Belichick lead the Browns to the playoffs, after the team getting better each year. But apparently you can't see that. I'm sure you can find examples of guys who sucked elsewhere and then turned it on with new surroundings. Or proven guys who were awesome coaches in one place and then sucked in their new homes. Paul Brown and Vince Lombardi both come to mind there.

Always remember this my fellow posters, REALISM is often mistaken as pessimism.Oops, I meant Shanahan . They still had losing records just like Jauron. Jauron also led his team to the playoffs. Jaurons team after 13-3 was riddled with injuries. Couldn't recovery after having differences w/ D angelo. Again, he was coach of the year where both Shanahan and BB weren't. Seems to me in your book, all that matters is he failed ignoring the positives.

Here's another example, Marv Levy had a losing season too. If all these HC were judged by you, they would never have a second cahnce to prove themselves. They prove you worng.

Always remember this my fellow posters, OPtimism about certain aspects of the team and getting excited about a new begining is often mistaken as HOMERISM by some psoters.

SquishDaFish
05-19-2006, 02:43 PM
OP I have a 52" RCA Widescreen HD Tv. I love it. Football in HD kicks arse.

TedMock
05-19-2006, 02:58 PM

Always remember this my fellow posters, REALISM is often mistaken as pessimism.

Let's be fair here. I don't know if Jauron is going to cut it or not, but the fact remains that at the same points in their careers at head coaches, Jauron was 35-45, and Belichick was 36-44. If we're going to give Belichick a pass on 1995 because the team was leaving, we have to give Jauron a pass for 2002 because 1. all games were away from home that year. They played 2.5 hours away at Champagne because Soldier field was being renovated; and 2. They led the NFL in injuries that year which included significant time lost of 3 key defensive member. Philip Daniels and RW McQuarters were starters.

It could be argued that Jauron deserves a lot of credit for weathering that 2002 storm, and getting the team back on track to a competitive 7-9 the following year.

Oddly enough, as far as points are concerned, in their best seasons (DJ 13-3 in 2001 and BB 11-5 in 1994) they were both ranked 11th offensively, and 1 defensively.

Mr. Pink
05-19-2006, 06:24 PM
The funny part is because I'm realistic about my expectations of this team I'm negative and whiny....yet others think this is a playoff team and are just being "optimistic." If you think this is a playoff team, you're either A. a homer or B. don't know anything about the game of football.

Hell, I should just conform and say we've made all the right moves, have all the right players in place and we're going to be the next Dynasty. Then maybe I'd be more popular around here and wouldn't have to answer to COMPLETELY ******ED COMPARISONS of DJ and Marv Levy, a Hall of Fame NFL coach. Or comparisons to Dick Vermeil who lead two different teams to SBs. Who are you going to compare Dick to next? Don Shula? Hell, Gregg Williams had a poor start as a HC here, so if he goes elsewhere, he's gonna be a HOF coach and compared to Belichick. So you're right Dick Jauron is the second coming of Vince Lombardi Brown Halas. Spin all those great coaches into one and you got DICK.

Want to know the more amusing part of all of this? We BLAST the Dolphins for signing our retread Mike Mularkey as the OC, yet we APPLAUD Dick being the HC here. Chicagos' retread and then Detroit. Detroit was really good while he was there....and Chicago was exceptional! I'm sure when Gregg Williams gets another coaching job in the future, which he will, we'll all sit back and laugh at whoever is dumb enough to give him a chance as well.

It's simple, if DICK is a good coaching change for us then Mularkey is a good addition to Miami's coaching staff. Neither proved anything as a HC. But no one around here and I mean NO ONE will ever say Mularkey is a good addition for Miami and we all laugh at it.

Then we get to read "oh the players like Dick." That and a dollar and 60 cents will buy you a large Timmy Ho's cup of coffee. Everyone around the league loved and admired TD, where did that get us?

I'm done taking a realistic approach in ANY post from now on...just so I can avoid assinine and downright STUPID logic and comparisons. I don't care if you dislike my opinion and can prove otherwise but USE PROPER EXAMPLES. Guys aren't automatically good or the next best thing because we got them, every year teams sign retread players and guess what? No one cares, because most of them amount to NOTHING. That's why they're retread players.

The_Philster
05-19-2006, 06:51 PM
We got no big names in the draftI stopped reading Skooby's post after this ridiculous comment. Who the **** gives a **** if they were big names? Was Andre Reed a big name coming out of college? Were Howard Ballard or Phil Hansen big names? Put down the Kiper garbage and realize that a big name means exactly jack ****

MDFINFAN
05-19-2006, 07:50 PM
I have a 50" LCD RP Sony as well as a 57" Hitachi RP CRT. I love them both. With an HD source, I really can't tell the difference. I love my TV's and the old school Bills uni's ROCK on there too...

Wow, are you giving one away anytime soon..I'll be your bested friend..LOL..

MDFINFAN
05-19-2006, 07:51 PM

Wow, are you giving one away anytime soon..I'll be your best-est friend..LOL..

bledslow
05-21-2006, 11:29 AM
The development of 2nd year bill-KELLY THE MAN HOLCOMB- is enough to get excited about-he was the lone bright spot

theres not much else to get excited about though,especially after that first round selection in the draft-im still saying WTF.

Mitchy moo
05-21-2006, 08:10 PM
Good. Don't come, we don't really want your fairweather kind there anyways. Why don't you pick a new team to follow, maybe the Eagles. Those fans are just like you. :bigwave:

I will always be a fan & watch every game. I live in SWFL so attending a Miami game is a 80 minute drive away. I just don't like to be taunted & badgered by a bunch of drunk trailer trash that come to the game. I usually go to the home opener & get great seats via friends but this year I'll sit it out.