• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Music City Miracle revisited

NFL Network is airing it as their "Game of The Week" tonight at 8
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Mr. Pink
    Peterman Sucks!
    • Mar 2006

Re: Music City Miracle revisited

Originally posted by The_Philster
    NFL Network is airing it as their "Game of The Week" tonight at 8

Excellent, we can see a bunch of posts again about how that was a FORWARD LATERAL and that we really won the game....On a positive note we do get to see Rob Johnson lead the team downfield for what should have been the game winning FG.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

I think I may look at it again...only to see if I was right when I said Byron Boston (the official whose job it was to see whether or not it was a legal pass or not) was behind the play! Had he been in the proper position, we MIGHT have had a totally different result
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
        Peterman Sucks!
        • Mar 2006

I still think that if it was called a forward lateral on the field, it would have stood after replay. Remember replay is with CONCLUSIVE evidence....you cannot conclusive tell if the ball goes forward or backward....However it was called is the way it stuck.

Much like the immaculate reception...you can't tell if the ball hits Tatum or ***ua before Harris catches it. Remember at the time it was illegal for an offensive player to touch the ball directly after another offensive player touched it.

Both judgement calls and both plays two of the more historic NFL moments, unfortunately for us, we happened to be on the wrong side of one.

Comment

• The_Philster
          • Jul 2002

Yeah...there's no way Luckett could've overturned the call on the field. The closest camera angle was still behind the play

Comment

• chernobylwraiths
            • Jan 2003

As I looked at it again, it was a lot closer than I thought. It was within inches. I still think it was forward, but it was definitely a lot closer than I remember. Yes, if the official was in position and called it originally, I think the Bills win that game.

Comment

• Goobylal
              • Jan 2004

The original call was the key, because either way, it wasn't going to be overturned. And Boston was behind the play and out of position. And EVERYONE and their mother thought it was a forward pass, even the Titan's owner. Oh well.

And as for the Inaccurate Reception, Harris traps the ball on the ground. There is a perfect picture of it that I've seen. And even still, it hit ***ua, which makes it a dead ball anyway.

Comment

• evol4276
                • Oct 2005

im watching it even if it does bring back bad memories.. hell this is one of the few times the Bills are even shown of NFLN. Might as well make the most of it!

Comment

• PUCKER
                  • Sep 2004

Why us???
                  Zapper's Hit List:
                  SABURZFAN -
                  SabreEleven -

pjw aka Mini -
                  Billsology -

Join BDZ today!!!
                  http://www.billszone.com/http://www....ad.php?t=72979

Comment

• ICE74129
                    Legendary Zoner
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                    Excellent, we can see a bunch of posts again about how that was a FORWARD LATERAL and that we really won the game....On a positive note we do get to see Rob Johnson lead the team downfield for what should have been the game winning FG.
                    Yeah 'shoeless rob' left the field with about 16 seconds on the clock or so and a WIN for the Bills. Again doing all he could do to get a win. Then the ST's fugg it up completely.

Comment

• ICE74129
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Feb 2005

Here is the worst part...the Bills have done NOTHING to get back to the playoffs and do someting to erase those bad memories for their fans.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                        Unreachable Douche
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                        Yeah 'shoeless rob' left the field with about 16 seconds on the clock or so and a WIN for the Bills. Again doing all he could do to get a win. Then the ST's fugg it up completely.
                        He sure did all he could do to get the Bills a win.

By going 10-22 for 131 yards, 0 TDs, 0 Ints. 6 sacks for -35 yards, a safety (2 points) setting up Tenn. for a easy TD (7 points) for a total of 9 points given to Tenn. in a game which they only won by 6. And fumbling Twice.

By far Rob Johnson was the single worst Bills player on the field that day.

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Stats mean nothing to anyone who knows what they are watching. Yes, Rob played badly in that game...at times. There were a few drives in which he played very well also

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                            Sab and TD are insignificant
                            • Sep 2002

It was a forward pass - Wychek's body is completely behind the line, and when Dyson or whoever it was catches it, he catches it like a good 4 inches in front of the line. The line is like 10 inches wide - that's more than half of my upper arm, so it should probably be more than half of Wychek's upper arm - it went FORWARD - not by much, but it definitely went forward.
                            www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

• blackonyx89
                              HI I AM A FREAKING LIONS FAN
                              • Mar 2005

I was in NYC at a Bills Bar when that happened! I have never seen so many depressed people at one time. A group of Bills fans were so upset they ordered a giant glass beer barrel of beer to drown their sorrow. We got jobbed and robbed.I will to the day I die will say that was an illegal play. To quote Kevin James (King of Queens) colorful yet clean curse word.

Sonofamother!!! We got screwed!
                              Let's Go Bills, make it happen!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X