PDA

View Full Version : Room monitors keep Sabres focused

The_Philster
05-20-2006, 07:59 AM
Earlier this season, Chris Drury found yet another source of inspiration while reading Michael Jordan's latest book, "Driven From Within." It included a few chapters outlining Jordan's relentless work habits, how he led by example and refused to compromise his commitment to winning. Drury could have written the foreword, but his response was sending a copy to his linemate and chief confidant, Mike Grier. Drury knew Grier, resident sports nut and ESPN junkie, would appreciate the message. A few days later, every player in the dressing room had a copy. more (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20060520/2050059.asp)

SabreEleven
05-20-2006, 10:02 PM
That was a good article, thanks Phil

chernobylwraiths
05-20-2006, 10:22 PM
I've liked Drury but wasn't fully behind Grier. I have a bit more respect for him after that article and after the way he has played in these playoffs. Mattingly was always my favorite player when I was a Yankees fan and along with Michael Jordan, they both wore number 23 which became my favorite. Now one of my favorite Sabres wears it too. :up:

RockStar36
05-20-2006, 10:33 PM
Drury has been my favorite Sabre since coming to Buffalo. In my mind he should be the captain for all games, not just some.

LABillsFan
05-20-2006, 10:37 PM
I've liked Drury but wasn't fully behind Grier. I have a bit more respect for him after that article and after the way he has played in these playoffs. Mattingly was always my favorite player when I was a Yankees fan and along with Michael Jordan, they both wore number 23 which became my favorite. Now one of my favorite Sabres wears it too. :up:

I gotta admit, I really underestimated Grier for most of the year, then after that philly game, when he cost the Sabres a goal, but scored the winner he came on and hasn't stopped contributing.

MTBillsFan
05-20-2006, 10:57 PM
Thank you.
I didn't know there was so much history between Grier and Drury.