PDA

View Full Version : How Many Wins Will The Bills Have This Year? Pt. 2

MVP
05-20-2006, 10:55 PM
Post your prediction.

Bling
05-20-2006, 10:57 PM
4. Sorry, I really think that's how bad your team is.

MVP
05-20-2006, 11:01 PM
With Jp- 8

Miami- 6-10 is being nice
-Daunte is overrated, you have a worse o-line than us
-You have no secondary
-Your OC is MM witch = 32nd Offense in the league
-Ronnie has never EVER carried the load himself.
Your whole team is overrated!

Bling
05-20-2006, 11:09 PM
With Jp- 8

Miami- 6-10 is being nice
-You have no secondary

How Many Wins Will The Bills Have This Year?

!Papacrunk!
05-20-2006, 11:19 PM
so with the two threads it seems like it's really just another QB thread--somewhat
I say 7 wins, 8 tops no matter who the QB is as long as they stick with one and establish some stability at that position

Nublar7
05-20-2006, 11:30 PM
With Jp- 8
:roflmao: With JP it is more like 4 or 5 wins. With Holcomb it is like 5 or 6 wins.

Miami- 6-10 is being niceComing off a 9-7 season and having greatly improved our team I highly doubt we pull a Buffalo Bill and have a down year.

I guess when you are a Pro Bowl QB that has two seasons of 40+ total touchdowns, you must be overrated. lol. Don't even pull the "He sucks without Moss" sh1t. The fact is, during his outstanding 2004 season(something QBs can only dream of doing), he didn't have Moss for 5 games. He STILL managed to put up great numbers in those games. Fact is, he is one of the best in the game currently, and to ever play it. Saying he is "overrated" just shows me how scared you actually are of him. Good luck with Losman, because we are in great hands with the Pro Bowl QB.

Worse o-line?

Sacks given up by Miami: 26
Sacks given up by Buffalo: 43

Face it, our o-line is lightyears ahead of that sucky unit Buffalo puts out there on Sundays.

-You have no secondary
Actually we do. It was completley overhauled this offseason and now has a bunch of young talent. In fact, this year's unit is improved from last seasons. Plus our 1st round draft pick(Allen) was worth his spot and we didn't have to reach for secondary help(Whitner)

Sucky head coach, but one of the best offensive coordinators in the league. His Steeler offenses were ranked in the top 5 in the league. Also, those top 5 offenses were with Tommy Maddox and Kordell Stewart as his quarterbacks.

Your point? Every time he needed to he has done a a tremendous job. Ricky didn't play the 1st four games last year and he still was able to shread defenses. He put the hurt on the Bills last December, and he has bulked up over the offseason. Be afraid.

If winning games consistently like Miami did at the end of the year last season is considered overrated, then I guess we are overrated. So I guess when Miami is division champs this year, they will still be considered "overrated" by some Buffalo geek on a message board.

MVP
05-20-2006, 11:43 PM
What did Daunte do last year besides get hurt? Throw INT's and Fumble like theres no tomarrow.

At least Whitner isn't coming off of a hip injury.

MM 1 of the best? Did you watch us last year?

Don't pull your "Daunte is our savior *****, you won 9 easy games not to mention you almost lost to NE's 4-5th stringers.

Nublar7
05-20-2006, 11:50 PM
What did Daunte do last year besides get hurt? Throw INT's and Fumble like theres no tomarrow.I didn't know we base a guy's entire career on one season. Yeah, lets discount the countless year's he dominated the league and base his entire career on one off year for a team that was in complete shambles from top to bottom. :rolleyes:

At least Whitner isn't coming off of a hip injury.
At least Jason Allen actually has some talent. Whitner =Bust.

As for Allen's hip, he is completley healed.

MM 1 of the best? Did you watch us last year?Did you even read what I wrote? Or is that just your Buffalo education kicking in? I said, he is a sucky HEAD COACH, but one of the best OFFENSIVE COORDINATORS in the league.

Don't pull your "Daunte is our savior *****, you won 9 easy games not to mention you almost lost to NE's 4-5th stringers.There is no such thing as an "easy" game in the NFL. Easy games went out the window once parity was injected into the league.

What is worse? Winning 9 so called "easy" games(Miami)? Or losing them(Buffalo)?

MVP
05-21-2006, 12:06 AM
1. Whitner is faster than Allen
2. More Physical than Allen
3. Oh yeah, Donte was drafted higher than Allen

Pinkerton Security
05-21-2006, 12:38 AM
. Fact is, he is one of the best in the game currently, and to ever play it. Saying he is "overrated" just shows me how scared you actually are of him. Good luck with Losman, because we are in great hands with the Pro Bowl QB.

\

Ok....Culpepper has a career QB rating of about 90.....I'd be damn happy to have a QB with a rating that high....however, I am gonna go out "on a limb" and say that Culpepper is NOT on the best ever to play the game. If Culepper EVER is mentioned even alongside players like Dan Marino, Jim Kelly or John Elway, I'll be damn surprised....and those are just some of the better QB's ever, not even THE BEST....not to mention we're not including the other positions.

I would love nothing more for than Culpepper to suck like he did last year, basically because he is a Dolphin and I am a Bills fan...but seriously, if you TRULY think Culpepper is one of the GREATEST EVER TO PLAY THE GAME, then I am gonna say tht McGahee is in fact the best back EVER.

Lets give Losman Moss, and Cris Carter......and I'll ignore the other 2. But really, if you are gonna try to tell me Moulds and Evans are better than Moss and Carter...

Know who the next highest receiver to these 2 was in 2000, probably Culpepper's best year? RB Robert Smith, with 36 catches and 3 TD's.

The phins are in the hands of a QB who has up years and down years. NO WAY he is a great QB.

To stick to the thread, bills go 7-9 with losman, 7-9 with Holcomb....but if they dont stick with losman, they lose him forever and endure 5 more years of searching for a qb.

Mr. Cynical
05-21-2006, 01:40 AM
With our oline, no way we get above 500 no matter who is at QB.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2006, 07:20 AM
Let's stick with thread and leave Miami out of this. However, and as a side not, Miami isn't going to implode with Saban as their coach. I hate Miami but you need to expect another winning season.

As for the Bills, I expect 6 wins. Anything better than that is a testimonial for our new coach. I think the QB is irrelevant because Holcomb will lose games that JP can win and conversely JP will lose games that Holcomb will win. Our OL has been so bad it doesn't matter, at this point, who the QB is. But like Saban, maybe Jauron can get this team to play above their level.

Historian
05-21-2006, 07:23 AM
7-9...taking two from the fish, one from the Jets, and none from the Pats.

ICE74129
05-21-2006, 08:20 AM

BillsFever21
05-21-2006, 10:11 AM

feelthepain
05-21-2006, 10:25 AM

Bills 5 or 6 wins, Dolphins 10 0r 11 wins. Miami is ascending and the Bills are not. The Bills have way to many new things going on to be cohesive enough to be consistant week in and week out. You should accept the fact that it won't be a good season and you won't be disappointed when it happens, if they they do pull it together and win 7 or 8 games then you'll be happy with the outcome.

You're making all your comments about the Fins based on your hate for them. If you honestly think DC is overrated then you obviously don't watch football and you're not mature enough to post without bias. Just leave DC out of your evaluation of the Fins because you lose any credibility when you bash him. He has proven he's a top tier QB in the league, he has the stats to prove it and all you have is hate and bias to back up your obvious "opinion"!!

As for the rest of your evaluation of the Fins, It's our turn again. We will be in the mix because our owner has done whats needed to build a championship team. It may not be this year, but it will be soon. We have the coaching we are adding the talent. This is just the way it is. In the 90's the Bills had their chances until last year the Jets were a playoff team and the Pats have won three SB's. It's our turn, we will be the team in the AFC east for a while, you don't have to like it, but it is what it is. We now have something we have been missing since Marino was in his prime and that's a QB and not just a starting QB, but depth at the position. Face it, Miami is adding the pieces and we are on the cusp of being very very good.

patmoran2006
05-21-2006, 10:30 AM

I like Whitner overall better than Jason Allen but this needs to be thrown out there...

Whitner is NOT more physical than Jason Allen.. Jason Allen is one of the most physical players in the draft, period. The dude hits like a truck.

his hip injury had him fall from what was considered to be a top ten lock a year ago.

Billsrock4life
05-21-2006, 01:57 PM
6 or 7 wins, 8 at best

socalfan
05-21-2006, 04:35 PM
5 wins, any more and I'll be really pleasantly surprised. I just want them to be competitive this year. I'd like to see us still in the game in the 4th quarter unlike last year where it was pretty apparent that we were out of it by the 3rd quarter on 6 of the losses.

Next year I want to see another good draft and off season so that by year three, we are rolling as a team.

YardRat
05-21-2006, 04:40 PM
Let's stick with thread and leave Miami out of this. However, and as a side not, Miami isn't going to implode with Saban as their coach. I hate Miami but you need to expect another winning season.

As for the Bills, I expect 6 wins. Anything better than that is a testimonial for our new coach. I think the QB is irrelevant because Holcomb will lose games that JP can win and conversely JP will lose games that Holcomb will win. Our OL has been so bad it doesn't matter, at this point, who the QB is. But like Saban, maybe Jauron can get this team to play above their level.

I'm going to say eight wins, just because Nall's going to be the starter, and he'll be able to win the games that both JP and Holcomb would lose :D

Actually, I think 6 is more realistic.

TacklingDummy
05-21-2006, 04:48 PM
If the Bills can stop the run and if Holcomb starts all year im going with 10.

If they can't stop the run and play musical QB, or if JP starts, I go with 4.

patmoran2006
05-21-2006, 06:37 PM
My personal expectations.

4-5 wins this year.. a good off-season (which entails getting some good VET leadership for the ****load of young talent we now have.. Translation: Spending cash on a couple of impact vets).

And then in 2007, I expect us to be a 2005 version of a team like Chicago or Cinci, who climbed the hump and got into the playoffs..

Devin
05-21-2006, 07:02 PM
id say 7-9 or 8-8. We will improve but not enough for the playoffs.

ICE74129
05-21-2006, 07:03 PM
If the Bills can stop the run and if Holcomb starts all year im going with 10.

If they can't stop the run and play musical QB, or if JP starts, I go with 4.

If holcomb starts...5. He sucks and his dink and dunk sh@! won't work. The guy is a .500 QB at best.

justasportsfan
05-21-2006, 07:06 PM
If holcomb starts...5. He sucks and his dink and dunk sh@! won't work. The guy is a .500 QB at best.
what about if Nall starts?

patmoran2006
05-21-2006, 08:03 PM
Regardless of who starts, I dont see our QB's winning us many games.

When we win, it will be because we ran the ball well, controlled the clock and our defense bended but didn't break..

I dont think we have an offense like Cinci, or Indy where a QB is going to be as prevelant as other teams.. Don't get me wrong though, we need soild QB play because while Im not suggesting our QB will win us many games, he can surely lose us more than just a few.

ICE74129
05-21-2006, 10:44 PM
what about if Nall starts? Dont know. I do know holcomb is a worthless career loser. He has no arm and cant put the ball up more than 35 yards without it dying and being picked off. His patented dump off 25x per game to keep his completion % up wont' cut it.

BillsFever21
05-21-2006, 11:11 PM
My personal expectations.

4-5 wins this year.. a good off-season (which entails getting some good VET leadership for the ****load of young talent we now have.. Translation: Spending cash on a couple of impact vets).

And then in 2007, I expect us to be a 2005 version of a team like Chicago or Cinci, who climbed the hump and got into the playoffs..

Who is this ****load of young talent?

We had the same "****load of young talent" last season too. We didn't improve on it any unless you are one who thinks all the crap castoff signings is great young talent too.

You can't include the draft picks yet. They haven't proved anything. If they were already considered "****loads of young talent" then every team in the NFL would be stocked with talent because their fans are thinking the same thing.

BillsFever21
05-21-2006, 11:13 PM
Please enlighten us on who you include on the "****load of young talent" list.

We have maybe a handful of good young football players. If we had this "****load of young talent" then we might have had some success last season. It's the same players here.

Unless you consider Bowen, Royal, Fowler, Reyes and some of the other scrubs we signed this year in that list.

feelthepain
05-21-2006, 11:52 PM
id say 7-9 or 8-8. We will improve but not enough for the playoffs.

At this time last year you thought the Bills had a serious chance to win the division and be in the playoffs. The Bills lose more talent this year have a whole new GM and coaching staff! They did little to improve the Oline/D-line/TE's/RB/ or QB positions. They did add "new" players, but I would hardly call them upgrades, more like even or below what you have. I know you think everything was MM fault last year, but trust me it was lack of talent, not lack of coaching. MM was able to get the Bills near the playoffs in just one season with a D and a QB, without a D and QB you saw the results...but it was the coaching, I know what Bill fans think. Everyone thinks MM is a very good coach but Bill fans, enough said.

Your draft is full of possibilitys, but it was mostly in the secondary an area that could have gotten you through another year if the men in charge had started rebuilding the heart and soul of every NFL team and thats the two lines. Instead the Bills waste an extra pick and add just one D-linemen with their first four picks and two DB's?!?!?! If you look at where the Bills are right now, I just don't see where your wins will come.

The Fins and Pats will be in the running for the AFC east this year and the Bills and Jets will be in position to draft Brady Quinn. Not a bad thing if you ask me, especially given the fact that neither the Bills or Jets have good QB's. I'm sure you feel the way you do more because it's what you want, not because the Bills are in the position to win 7 or 8 games....seriously!!

Devin
05-22-2006, 12:17 PM
At this time last year you thought the Bills had a serious chance to win the division and be in the playoffs. The Bills lose more talent this year have a whole new GM and coaching staff! They did little to improve the Oline/D-line/TE's/RB/ or QB positions. They did add "new" players, but I would hardly call them upgrades, more like even or below what you have. I know you think everything was MM fault last year, but trust me it was lack of talent, not lack of coaching. MM was able to get the Bills near the playoffs in just one season with a D and a QB, without a D and QB you saw the results...but it was the coaching, I know what Bill fans think. Everyone thinks MM is a very good coach but Bill fans, enough said.

Your draft is full of possibilitys, but it was mostly in the secondary an area that could have gotten you through another year if the men in charge had started rebuilding the heart and soul of every NFL team and thats the two lines. Instead the Bills waste an extra pick and add just one D-linemen with their first four picks and two DB's?!?!?! If you look at where the Bills are right now, I just don't see where your wins will come.

The Fins and Pats will be in the running for the AFC east this year and the Bills and Jets will be in position to draft Brady Quinn. Not a bad thing if you ask me, especially given the fact that neither the Bills or Jets have good QB's. I'm sure you feel the way you do more because it's what you want, not because the Bills are in the position to win 7 or 8 games....seriously!!

Well this time last year I mean come on all we had lost was PW and Dredsoe. we were basically the same team as our 9-7 year.

Our defense was so strong I believed really all jp/holcomb had to do was play average at best and we could do "enough". Clearly that didnt happen and we pretty much imploded.

As far as this year, perhaps im just optomistic....thruthfully it wouldnt shock me either way if we were 2-14 or 8-8. With a lot of new talent (yes I know we didnt sign any "all-stars") and a lot of the old rumored lockerroom "cancer" gone we have a fresh start. I think everything thats happened this offseason it truly could be that drastic of a record differential.

feelthepain
05-22-2006, 03:53 PM
Well this time last year I mean come on all we had lost was PW and Dredsoe. we were basically the same team as our 9-7 year.

Our defense was so strong I believed really all jp/holcomb had to do was play average at best and we could do "enough". Clearly that didnt happen and we pretty much imploded.

As far as this year, perhaps im just optomistic....thruthfully it wouldnt shock me either way if we were 2-14 or 8-8. With a lot of new talent (yes I know we didnt sign any "all-stars") and a lot of the old rumored lockerroom "cancer" gone we have a fresh start. I think everything thats happened this offseason it truly could be that drastic of a record differential.

I respect your opinion, I just don't think the Bills did nearly enough to help themselves this off season. I seriously thought since the Bills did little in FA, they would for sure address both the lines in the draft especially given the fact that they not only had extra picks, but they could have traded down and gotten even more. I was shocked at both your draft and FA, tons of money to spend and a bunch of DP, yet the Bills really don't look any better...IMO.

Rick_James
05-22-2006, 04:05 PM
7 Wins

I'll save my smack for the appropriate forum

apparentlly miami fans can't read that part of the thread.

feelthepain
05-22-2006, 05:18 PM
7 Wins

I'll save my smack for the appropriate forum

apparentlly miami fans can't read that part of the thread.

First you say you'll save the smack for the appropriate forum.....then your very next line you lay down smack. Oh, and "APPARENTLY" you can't spell either. Then again with all the crack you smoke it's no wonder...right Rick??

justasportsfan
05-22-2006, 05:28 PM
First you say you'll save the smack for the appropriate forum.....then your very next line you lay down smack. Oh, and "APPARENTLY" you can't spell either. Then again with all the crack you smoke it's no wonder...right Rick??please post smack in the proper forum