X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • HHURRICANE
    • Mar 2005

Stop worrying about Dick Jauron

People need to stop worrying about Dick Jauron. There is absolutely no comparison between him and MM. Mularkey resigning was the biggest help to this team moving forward.

Jauron had head coaching experience which means he isn't going to make rookie mistakes. He has had winning seasons and a 13-3 record to his name. Not even Levy had that at KC before he was canned and eventually made his way to Buffalo. Jauron is not "wishy-washy" and he will give it to you straight up. Unlike MM, his players will play for him and will respect him.

If people want to be concerned, be concerned about QB, our OL, our DL, our kicker, or Willis and his heart. Jauron was a great pick up, and out of all the coaches available, the Bills picked the one with experience.
  • !Papacrunk!
    • Mar 2004

Re: Stop worrying about Dick Jauron

Have there been threads complaining about Jauron???? Everything should be fine with him, he was coach of the year when he was with the Bears. Then again so was Wanny when he was coaching the Bears. Since I'm too lazy to search for this, a couple of years ago, before he took the Bengals job, wasn't Marvin Lewis a candidate for the Bills head coach?

Comment

• Gunzlingr
      • Jul 2002

Lewis turned it down.
      You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• HHURRICANE
        • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
        Have there been threads complaining about Jauron???? Everything should be fine with him, he was coach of the year when he was with the Bears. Then again so was Wanny when he was coaching the Bears. Since I'm too lazy to search for this, a couple of years ago, before he took the Bengals job, wasn't Marvin Lewis a candidate for the Bills head coach?
        Lewis was a canidate. I didn't hear he that turned it down. Yes, several posts questioning what kind of coach we got. He is not a rookie head coach so this should be the least of our concerns.

Comment

• Goobylal
          • Jan 2004

Wannstedt was never coach of the year. He was a finalist, but never won it.

And the years after Jauron won COTY (in 2001) were hard ones. In 2002 the Bears suffered a TON of injuries, and were also playing "home" games 2 hours away in Champlaign Ill. Then prior to the 2003 season, Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, who never liked Jauron, let Rosie Colvin get away in FA even though they had a lot of money with which to keep him, and traded-away Ted Washington for a 3rd round pick, and BOTH ended up with Pats and Angelo's good friend Bill Belichick (hmmmmmm). That killed the defense and spelled the end for Jauron in Chicago.

Frankly I was appalled that the Bills were even considering him initially, because I didn't know the above stuff. However after I learned about it, and because I did NOT want another rookie head coach, I liked the hiring.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

Originally posted by HHURRICANE
            People need to stop worrying about Dick Jauron. There is absolutely no comparison between him and MM. Mularkey resigning was the biggest help to this team moving forward.

Jauron had head coaching experience which means he isn't going to make rookie mistakes. He has had winning seasons and a 13-3 record to his name. Not even Levy had that at KC before he was canned and eventually made his way to Buffalo. Jauron is not "wishy-washy" and he will give it to you straight up. Unlike MM, his players will play for him and will respect him.

If people want to be concerned, be concerned about QB, our OL, our DL, our kicker, or Willis and his heart. Jauron was a great pick up, and out of all the coaches available, the Bills picked the one with experience.
            way to leave out relevant information. Jauron had a 13-3 season, preceded by 2 losing seasons and followed by 2 losing seasons. His overall HC record is dismal. My problem with Jauron has nothing to do with comparing him to Mularkey- it's based on his own coaching record.

I'm glad we got someone that at least has HC experience, but I'm not sure that Jauron's good enough. I mean, David Shula also has HC experience- why didn't we give him a call? Experience is a good thing but it's not the only thing that a coach needs.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• !Papacrunk!
              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Goobylal
              Wannstedt was never coach of the year. He was a finalist, but never won it.

And the years after Jauron won COTY (in 2001) were hard ones. In 2002 the Bears suffered a TON of injuries, and were also playing "home" games 2 hours away in Champlaign Ill. Then prior to the 2003 season, Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, who never liked Jauron, let Rosie Colvin get away in FA even though they had a lot of money with which to keep him, and traded-away Ted Washington for a 3rd round pick, and BOTH ended up with Pats and Angelo's good friend Bill Belichick (hmmmmmm). That killed the defense and spelled the end for Jauron in Chicago.

Frankly I was appalled that the Bills were even considering him initially, because I didn't know the above stuff. However after I learned about it, and because I did NOT want another rookie head coach, I liked the hiring.
              My apolgies, thanks for the correction, I read one site incorrectly. I guess this is the accolades he got:
              I
              n 1994 he was named the NFC Coach of the Year by UPI and Football News after directing Chicago back to the playoffs following a three-year hiatus. Wannstedt additionally was among the top three finishers for NFL Coach of the Year honors that season by The Associated Press, Pro Football Writers, The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly and Football Digest. The Bears were the NFL's least-penalized team for two consecutive seasons (1994-95) under his watch.
              He still makes me shudder.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

I think the combination of Levy and Jauron is light years ahead of the egomaniac Donahoe and the weak and bumbling Moolarkey.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Bling
                  • Jul 2004

So why didn't anyone pick Jauron up? Did anyone see the job Lovie Smith has done with Jauron's team? Face it, Jauron blows. Just like the other idiot from Chicago, Cockstache (Wannstedt). I would wonder about rejects from Chicago. Got a horrible record. Even Wannstedt had 11-5, 10-6 seasons. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Bling
                    So why didn't anyone pick Jauron up? Did anyone see the job Lovie Smith has done with Jauron's team? Face it, Jauron blows. Just like the other idiot from Chicago, Cockstache (Wannstedt). I would wonder about rejects from Chicago. Got a horrible record. Even Wannstedt had 11-5, 10-6 seasons. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.
                    There's a lot that goes into a W-L record. I honestly can't say much about his tenure in Chicago because I don't follow the Bears that closely, but maybe there were a lot of things (players, injuries, coaching staff) that worked against him that won't here.
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Bling
                      • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The_Philster
                      There's a lot that goes into a W-L record. I honestly can't say much about his tenure in Chicago because I don't follow the Bears that closely, but maybe there were a lot of things (players, injuries, coaching staff) that worked against him that won't here.
                      I won't disagree with that, but from what I hear and remember from the 2002 Bears Monday night game (when Ricky light them the **** up with over 200 yards rushing), they had ZERO offense, Urlacher played horrible that game. The team just looked dead in that game. Reminded me heavily of Miami in New England in December.

I mean, it's not time to give up, and Jauron might just be the next Belicheck. If I was a Bills fan, I'd be optimistic too. But since I'm a Dolphin fan, all I see is a horrible offseason combined with a recycled coach, and I feel bad for you guys. I could see anywhere between 4 and 10 wins for you guys. Just depends on who your QB is, how McGahee wants to perform, OL finally playing decent, and how your defense performs. I'd expect you guys to reemerge as a top Defense, but still wonder if that's enough.

Comment

• Goobylal
                        • Jan 2004

The 2001 Bears were a group of overachievers. They had a weak offense and an opportunistic defense. Then the next year, when loads of injuries hit and they didn't really have home games, their record stank. And after that season Angelo tried to undermine Jauron because he wanted his OWN guy in there (Angelo didn't hire Jauron).

Going by his record alone gives you a superficial impression of him. Just like it did with Belichick's losing record in Cleveland.

Comment

• HHURRICANE
                          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by !Papacrunk!
                          Have there been threads complaining about Jauron????
                          Do the posts above answer your question. People forget that Bellichek blew in Cleveland, Levy was mediocre in KC, and there are countless other examples. Jauron having coached in the NFL will prevent rookie coach mistakes like we endured with MM and Greg Williams. The irony is that Greg Williams blew in Buffalo but he was one of the highly coveted canidates for a head coaching job this past off-season. Why? because he is a brilliant defensive mind and now has HC experience.

Jauron will be fine.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                            Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                            • Dec 2005

I hated Jauron as a coach with Chicago, I"m still not a fan of his today either.. BUT.. I do like him as the coach of the Bills and here's why.

* I love the coordinators we have now. I think they'll do an excellent job and in general I like the entire coaching staff.

Jauron isn't a control freak. He will let Fairchild oversee the offense and Fewel the defense, especially Fairchild.. He will be hands on but his ego won't take control over the play calls.

I think he's a good players coach and the kind of coach who can win with good people around him, which is a situation I see him being around now (but not in '06)

He's not on a level of Shanahan or Belicheck.... He can't make something out of nothing.. But I like his staff and I think he'll be a good leader.

Dont know if this makes sense to you or not.. THe point I'm trying to make is I think he'll be a better coach in Buffalo with this staff than if he was the head coach here with our last staff, or coach on several other teams.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Yeah, the fact that he has previous head coaching experience is a HUGE advantage over the previous 2 guys. And I too like his assistant coaching staff. I also like the fact that his (ex-)players love playing for him. And with Marv having hired him, he won't have to watch his back like he did in Chicago.

Comment

Working...
                              X