PDA

View Full Version : Stop worrying about Dick Jauron

HHURRICANE
05-21-2006, 07:29 AM
People need to stop worrying about Dick Jauron. There is absolutely no comparison between him and MM. Mularkey resigning was the biggest help to this team moving forward.

Jauron had head coaching experience which means he isn't going to make rookie mistakes. He has had winning seasons and a 13-3 record to his name. Not even Levy had that at KC before he was canned and eventually made his way to Buffalo. Jauron is not "wishy-washy" and he will give it to you straight up. Unlike MM, his players will play for him and will respect him.

If people want to be concerned, be concerned about QB, our OL, our DL, our kicker, or Willis and his heart. Jauron was a great pick up, and out of all the coaches available, the Bills picked the one with experience.

!Papacrunk!
05-21-2006, 08:39 AM
Have there been threads complaining about Jauron???? Everything should be fine with him, he was coach of the year when he was with the Bears. Then again so was Wanny when he was coaching the Bears. Since I'm too lazy to search for this, a couple of years ago, before he took the Bengals job, wasn't Marvin Lewis a candidate for the Bills head coach?

Gunzlingr
05-21-2006, 08:57 AM
Lewis turned it down.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2006, 09:31 AM
Have there been threads complaining about Jauron???? Everything should be fine with him, he was coach of the year when he was with the Bears. Then again so was Wanny when he was coaching the Bears. Since I'm too lazy to search for this, a couple of years ago, before he took the Bengals job, wasn't Marvin Lewis a candidate for the Bills head coach?

Lewis was a canidate. I didn't hear he that turned it down. Yes, several posts questioning what kind of coach we got. He is not a rookie head coach so this should be the least of our concerns.

Goobylal
05-21-2006, 10:08 AM
Wannstedt was never coach of the year. He was a finalist, but never won it.

And the years after Jauron won COTY (in 2001) were hard ones. In 2002 the Bears suffered a TON of injuries, and were also playing "home" games 2 hours away in Champlaign Ill. Then prior to the 2003 season, Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, who never liked Jauron, let Rosie Colvin get away in FA even though they had a lot of money with which to keep him, and traded-away Ted Washington for a 3rd round pick, and BOTH ended up with Pats and Angelo's good friend Bill Belichick (hmmmmmm). That killed the defense and spelled the end for Jauron in Chicago.

Frankly I was appalled that the Bills were even considering him initially, because I didn't know the above stuff. However after I learned about it, and because I did NOT want another rookie head coach, I liked the hiring.

OpIv37
05-21-2006, 10:26 AM
People need to stop worrying about Dick Jauron. There is absolutely no comparison between him and MM. Mularkey resigning was the biggest help to this team moving forward.

Jauron had head coaching experience which means he isn't going to make rookie mistakes. He has had winning seasons and a 13-3 record to his name. Not even Levy had that at KC before he was canned and eventually made his way to Buffalo. Jauron is not "wishy-washy" and he will give it to you straight up. Unlike MM, his players will play for him and will respect him.

If people want to be concerned, be concerned about QB, our OL, our DL, our kicker, or Willis and his heart. Jauron was a great pick up, and out of all the coaches available, the Bills picked the one with experience.

way to leave out relevant information. Jauron had a 13-3 season, preceded by 2 losing seasons and followed by 2 losing seasons. His overall HC record is dismal. My problem with Jauron has nothing to do with comparing him to Mularkey- it's based on his own coaching record.

I'm glad we got someone that at least has HC experience, but I'm not sure that Jauron's good enough. I mean, David Shula also has HC experience- why didn't we give him a call? Experience is a good thing but it's not the only thing that a coach needs.

!Papacrunk!
05-21-2006, 10:27 AM
Wannstedt was never coach of the year. He was a finalist, but never won it.

And the years after Jauron won COTY (in 2001) were hard ones. In 2002 the Bears suffered a TON of injuries, and were also playing "home" games 2 hours away in Champlaign Ill. Then prior to the 2003 season, Bears' GM Jerry Angelo, who never liked Jauron, let Rosie Colvin get away in FA even though they had a lot of money with which to keep him, and traded-away Ted Washington for a 3rd round pick, and BOTH ended up with Pats and Angelo's good friend Bill Belichick (hmmmmmm). That killed the defense and spelled the end for Jauron in Chicago.

Frankly I was appalled that the Bills were even considering him initially, because I didn't know the above stuff. However after I learned about it, and because I did NOT want another rookie head coach, I liked the hiring.

My apolgies, thanks for the correction, I read one site incorrectly. I guess this is the accolades he got:
I
n 1994 he was named the NFC Coach of the Year by UPI and Football News after directing Chicago back to the playoffs following a three-year hiatus. Wannstedt additionally was among the top three finishers for NFL Coach of the Year honors that season by The Associated Press, Pro Football Writers, The Sporting News, Pro Football Weekly and Football Digest. The Bears were the NFL's least-penalized team for two consecutive seasons (1994-95) under his watch.

He still makes me shudder.

Jan Reimers
05-21-2006, 10:30 AM
I think the combination of Levy and Jauron is light years ahead of the egomaniac Donahoe and the weak and bumbling Moolarkey.

Bling
05-21-2006, 10:50 AM
So why didn't anyone pick Jauron up? Did anyone see the job Lovie Smith has done with Jauron's team? Face it, Jauron blows. Just like the other idiot from Chicago, Cockstache (Wannstedt). I would wonder about rejects from Chicago. Got a horrible record. Even Wannstedt had 11-5, 10-6 seasons. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.

The_Philster
05-21-2006, 10:59 AM
So why didn't anyone pick Jauron up? Did anyone see the job Lovie Smith has done with Jauron's team? Face it, Jauron blows. Just like the other idiot from Chicago, Cockstache (Wannstedt). I would wonder about rejects from Chicago. Got a horrible record. Even Wannstedt had 11-5, 10-6 seasons. That doesn't mean he was a good coach.
There's a lot that goes into a W-L record. I honestly can't say much about his tenure in Chicago because I don't follow the Bears that closely, but maybe there were a lot of things (players, injuries, coaching staff) that worked against him that won't here. :idunno:

Bling
05-21-2006, 11:09 AM
There's a lot that goes into a W-L record. I honestly can't say much about his tenure in Chicago because I don't follow the Bears that closely, but maybe there were a lot of things (players, injuries, coaching staff) that worked against him that won't here. :idunno:

I won't disagree with that, but from what I hear and remember from the 2002 Bears Monday night game (when Ricky light them the **** up with over 200 yards rushing), they had ZERO offense, Urlacher played horrible that game. The team just looked dead in that game. Reminded me heavily of Miami in New England in December.

I mean, it's not time to give up, and Jauron might just be the next Belicheck. If I was a Bills fan, I'd be optimistic too. But since I'm a Dolphin fan, all I see is a horrible offseason combined with a recycled coach, and I feel bad for you guys. I could see anywhere between 4 and 10 wins for you guys. Just depends on who your QB is, how McGahee wants to perform, OL finally playing decent, and how your defense performs. I'd expect you guys to reemerge as a top Defense, but still wonder if that's enough.

Goobylal
05-21-2006, 04:46 PM
The 2001 Bears were a group of overachievers. They had a weak offense and an opportunistic defense. Then the next year, when loads of injuries hit and they didn't really have home games, their record stank. And after that season Angelo tried to undermine Jauron because he wanted his OWN guy in there (Angelo didn't hire Jauron).

Going by his record alone gives you a superficial impression of him. Just like it did with Belichick's losing record in Cleveland.

HHURRICANE
05-21-2006, 07:55 PM
Have there been threads complaining about Jauron????

Do the posts above answer your question. People forget that Bellichek blew in Cleveland, Levy was mediocre in KC, and there are countless other examples. Jauron having coached in the NFL will prevent rookie coach mistakes like we endured with MM and Greg Williams. The irony is that Greg Williams blew in Buffalo but he was one of the highly coveted canidates for a head coaching job this past off-season. Why? because he is a brilliant defensive mind and now has HC experience.

Jauron will be fine.

patmoran2006
05-21-2006, 08:08 PM
I hated Jauron as a coach with Chicago, I"m still not a fan of his today either.. BUT.. I do like him as the coach of the Bills and here's why.

* I love the coordinators we have now. I think they'll do an excellent job and in general I like the entire coaching staff.

Jauron isn't a control freak. He will let Fairchild oversee the offense and Fewel the defense, especially Fairchild.. He will be hands on but his ego won't take control over the play calls.

I think he's a good players coach and the kind of coach who can win with good people around him, which is a situation I see him being around now (but not in '06)

He's not on a level of Shanahan or Belicheck.... He can't make something out of nothing.. But I like his staff and I think he'll be a good leader.

Dont know if this makes sense to you or not.. THe point I'm trying to make is I think he'll be a better coach in Buffalo with this staff than if he was the head coach here with our last staff, or coach on several other teams.

Goobylal
05-21-2006, 09:16 PM
Yeah, the fact that he has previous head coaching experience is a HUGE advantage over the previous 2 guys. And I too like his assistant coaching staff. I also like the fact that his (ex-)players love playing for him. And with Marv having hired him, he won't have to watch his back like he did in Chicago.

ICE74129
05-21-2006, 10:45 PM

Or...Jauron actually does suck and the 13-3 season was the sun shining on a dogs ass.

BillsFever21
05-21-2006, 11:17 PM
I'm not worried about Jauron.

Belichek failed his first stint as a HC. Jauron did too. Jauron should follow right in the footsteps of Belicheck. He already showed he has something in common with him.

And the assistants. They are tons better then the last staff we had. The same staff that tons of fans loved at first too and said how they were way better then the GW's staff.

Things are looking bright for the Buffalo Bills.

Mr. Pink
05-22-2006, 06:34 AM
The 2001 Bears were a group of overachievers. They had a weak offense and an opportunistic defense. Then the next year, when loads of injuries hit and they didn't really have home games, their record stank. And after that season Angelo tried to undermine Jauron because he wanted his OWN guy in there (Angelo didn't hire Jauron).

Going by his record alone gives you a superficial impression of him. Just like it did with Belichick's losing record in Cleveland.

Again with trying to show that Jauron can somehow turn into Belichick! I love how people make these comparisons. This is the last time I'm doing this....Belichick was 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5 in his first four seasons, each year the team showing progression. in 1993 he released Kosar in the midst of the second 7-9 season, a season where the team started well and then went downhill when luminary Todd Philcox started vs the Seahawks and lead the Browns to 5 points. 1994 he lead the Browns to the playoffs, had the stingiest defense in the NFL and in club history. 1995 the team announced it's moving midseason and the team gave up completely....finishing 5-11.

Jauron is a career 36-49 HC Belichick 36-44 before going to NE even counting a year where you coulda had Bill Walsh at HC and still not done much better. Without the 95 move season Belichick was 31-33.

But yeah, they're comparable.....you're all right.

My early vote for coach of the year....DICK.

I like reading people spin how Dick was SOOOOOO good, yet the Bears are better now that he's gone. And Detroit under his watch was abysmal.

If someone gives Bruce Coslett another shot watch out, he'll be HOF bound, a career 47-77 coach. But I'm betting that Rich Kotite will be the next big HC hire, after all he was 40-56.

BillsFever21
05-22-2006, 09:27 AM
Again with trying to show that Jauron can somehow turn into Belichick! I love how people make these comparisons. This is the last time I'm doing this....Belichick was 6-10, 7-9, 7-9, 11-5 in his first four seasons, each year the team showing progression. in 1993 he released Kosar in the midst of the second 7-9 season, a season where the team started well and then went downhill when luminary Todd Philcox started vs the Seahawks and lead the Browns to 5 points. 1994 he lead the Browns to the playoffs, had the stingiest defense in the NFL and in club history. 1995 the team announced it's moving midseason and the team gave up completely....finishing 5-11.

Jauron is a career 36-49 HC Belichick 36-44 before going to NE even counting a year where you coulda had Bill Walsh at HC and still not done much better. Without the 95 move season Belichick was 31-33.

I like reading people spin how Dick was SOOOOOO good, yet the Bears are better now that he's gone. And Detroit under his watch was abysmal.

If someone gives Bruce Coslett another shot watch out, he'll be HOF bound, a career 47-77 coach. But I'm betting that Rich Kotite will be the next big HC hire, after all he was 40-56.

I think Marty Morinweg will be competing with them.

ICE74129
05-22-2006, 09:32 AM
I'm not worried about Jauron.

Belichek failed his first stint as a HC. Jauron did too. Jauron should follow right in the footsteps of Belicheck. He already showed he has something in common with him.

And the assistants. They are tons better then the last staff we had. The same staff that tons of fans loved at first too and said how they were way better then the GW's staff.

Things are looking bright for the Buffalo Bills.

the odds actually fall more in line with him being the next Wandstedt moreso than the next Belichek. Everyone forgets BB was a coaches kid that was breaking down gamefilm with his old man at age 10 or something crazy like that.

Bulldog
05-22-2006, 09:37 AM

Yeah, and if you take away the year the Bears played their home games in Champaign, Jauron would have had a 32-37 record. I don't know if Jauron is the answer or not, but I just wanted to point out how truly stupid that post was.

BillsFever21
05-22-2006, 09:44 AM
That's scary to think Jauron was 23-46 as a HC not including one lucky year.

Things are looking up for us.

Mr. Pink
05-22-2006, 09:50 AM
Yeah, and if you take away the year the Bears played their home games in Champaign, Jauron would have had a 32-37 record. I don't know if Jauron is the answer or not, but I just wanted to point out how truly stupid that post was.

I forgot it's stupid because it's a realistic post and factual not homer-based and giving straight praise to a career loser....my apologies. I need to work on that in the future apparently.

BillsFever21
05-22-2006, 09:57 AM
I forgot it's stupid because it's a realistic post and factual not homer-based and giving straight praise to a career loser....my apologies. I need to work on that in the future apparently.

Come on FTY. Jauron WILL be the next Belicheck. They both had a losing record their first chance as a HC. It's gotta be true. The homers said so.

Then again they have been saying for 5 years we would be fighting for a playoff bearth and that Mularkey was a great hire and Tom Clements was one of the best new OC's in the league. I guess they do have a chance to be wrong.

BillsFever21
05-22-2006, 09:59 AM
I think it's funny when these guys make their annual predictions like this and talk crap to people like us who are right about this team every year.

They just totally block out their wrong homeristic predictions every season like it never happened. If you mention it they don't wanna talk about how they were wrong year after year.

justasportsfan
05-22-2006, 10:10 AM
I think it's funny when these guys make their annual predictions like this and talk crap to people like us who are right about this team every year.

They just totally block out their wrong homeristic predictions every season like it never happened. If you mention it they don't wanna talk about how they were wrong year after year.If you're right every year, give us your prediction of the bills record this year? Why not go out on a limb and predict the sb champs too.

Goobylal
05-22-2006, 10:54 AM

Is this a serious post? You're using excuses for Belichick's dismal record in Cleveland and refusing to do the same for Jauron? Nice.

And what did those Browns-turned-Ravens do after Belichick left, hmmmm? Does the 2000 season ring a bell?

The simple facts are that BOTH coaches failed in their first stints as HC's, but both also had extenuating circumstances that likely led to failure. And in Belichick's case, he had some great coordinators in NE to help him. Hopefully the assistant coaches prove to be as good for Jauron as Belichicks were for him.

Mr. Pink
05-22-2006, 06:08 PM
Is this a serious post? You're using excuses for Belichick's dismal record in Cleveland and refusing to do the same for Jauron? Nice.

And what did those Browns-turned-Ravens do after Belichick left, hmmmm? Does the 2000 season ring a bell?

The simple facts are that BOTH coaches failed in their first stints as HC's, but both also had extenuating circumstances that likely led to failure. And in Belichick's case, he had some great coordinators in NE to help him. Hopefully the assistant coaches prove to be as good for Jauron as Belichicks were for him.

LMAO are you serious?

The Ravens won the SB 5 years after Belichick left....in fact Belichick never coached the Ravens....as soon as the team started play as the Ravens, they had a new head coach. Ted Marchibroda was the first coach of the "ratbirds." He lead the Ravens to a 4-12, 6-9-1, 6-10 record as the head coach.

Hey, Ted Marchibroda is available, someone should give him a job. I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere! By the way, as you can tell Belichick lead the Browns to a better record in their last year in Cleveland than Marchibroda did in his first year that they were the "ravens." Point is, the guy that suceeded Belichick for the Browns/Ravens franchise did WORSE as the head coach, not better.

More attempts at comparing Belichick and DICK, how many SB rings does DICK have as an assistant coach? That's right the same amount as you, me and everyone else reading this! Belichick was a top DC in this league prior to being a HC, getting a SB ring for the Giants victory in SBXXV.

I'm done now on this topic.

The_Philster
05-22-2006, 06:16 PM
Come on FTY. Jauron WILL be the next Belicheck. They both had a losing record their first chance as a HC. It's gotta be true. The homers said so.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/user_pics/11-1148260547.gif No one has said anything of the sort. The only ones making bold predictions are the pessimists saying he won't be like Belichek. The realists are saying that he COULD be...BIG difference

patmoran2006
05-22-2006, 06:17 PM
If you're right every year, give us your prediction of the bills record this year? Why not go out on a limb and predict the sb champs too.
4-12........(And Carolina)

patmoran2006
05-22-2006, 06:18 PM

They just totally block out their wrong homeristic predictions every season like it never happened. If you mention it they don't wanna talk about how they were wrong year after year.
Do what I do.. Cut and paste their comments on to Microsoft Word and then wait patiently.. I have my own folder called " STupid/Hypocritical (cant say his name) comments" for this very reason alone.

HHURRICANE
05-22-2006, 08:13 PM

Yep. Furthermore, nobody is even remotely comparing Jauron to BB. All people are saying is that having some HC experience helps. BB has a proven record, Jauron doesn't, nor does he have the games to qualify.

Goobylal
05-22-2006, 08:59 PM
LMAO are you serious?

The Ravens won the SB 5 years after Belichick left....in fact Belichick never coached the Ravens....as soon as the team started play as the Ravens, they had a new head coach. Ted Marchibroda was the first coach of the "ratbirds." He lead the Ravens to a 4-12, 6-9-1, 6-10 record as the head coach.

Hey, Ted Marchibroda is available, someone should give him a job. I'm sure he'll do well elsewhere! By the way, as you can tell Belichick lead the Browns to a better record in their last year in Cleveland than Marchibroda did in his first year that they were the "ravens." Point is, the guy that suceeded Belichick for the Browns/Ravens franchise did WORSE as the head coach, not better.

More attempts at comparing Belichick and DICK, how many SB rings does DICK have as an assistant coach? That's right the same amount as you, me and everyone else reading this! Belichick was a top DC in this league prior to being a HC, getting a SB ring for the Giants victory in SBXXV.

I'm done now on this topic.
Hate to break it to you, but you were done when you started in with your hypocritical slant. Yeah, you need to work on that.

All I can say is that I hope the Bills get as lucky as the Pats did. And I'd rather the Bills got a HC with previous HC'ing experience than a rookie HC AGAIN.

Bulldog
05-23-2006, 08:13 AM

So you're going to take out Belichecks worst year and then compare the records of the two coaches. Please explain to me how that makes any sense at all. What it does is slant the numbers to support you point of view. Hardly factual at all. It's comparing apples to oranges. If you're going to take away Belichecks worst year, then you have to do the same for Jauron to get a clearer picture. So as I said, in that regard, it was a STUPID post. And I never gave any praise to Jauron. I said that I don't know if he's the answer, but I'm willing to give him a chance before becoming a negative nancy like some people around here. Maybe it's your ability to comprehend that needs work.

Mr. Pink
05-23-2006, 09:19 AM
So you're going to take out Belichecks worst year and then compare the records of the two coaches. Please explain to me how that makes any sense at all. What it does is slant the numbers to support you point of view. Hardly factual at all. It's comparing apples to oranges. If you're going to take away Belichecks worst year, then you have to do the same for Jauron to get a clearer picture. So as I said, in that regard, it was a STUPID post. And I never gave any praise to Jauron. I said that I don't know if he's the answer, but I'm willing to give him a chance before becoming a negative nancy like some people around here. Maybe it's your ability to comprehend that needs work.

Or maybe it's yours....considering I put Belichicks' career record in as well when originally comparing the two. Then also posted his career record minus being a "lame duck" coach of a "lame duck" franchise. So who's comprehension skills need to advance past a 2nd grade level?

But I know it's more fun to pick and choose which information you want to harp on because it makes you look better and helps you further establish your point, weak as it may be, which is fine by me.

I like how a realistic approach is a "negative nancy" outlook though...thanks!

Bulldog
05-23-2006, 09:39 AM
Or maybe it's yours....considering I put Belichicks' career record in as well when originally comparing the two. Then also posted his career record minus being a "lame duck" coach of a "lame duck" franchise. So who's comprehension skills need to advance past a 2nd grade level?

But I know it's more fun to pick and choose which information you want to harp on because it makes you look better and helps you further establish your point, weak as it may be, which is fine by me.

I like how a realistic approach is a "negative nancy" outlook though...thanks!

Yeah, and when you did post the records of both without taking out Belicheck's worst season they were actually pretty similar. But you had to use the 1995 season as an excuse as to why their records were pretty close in terms of wins and losses. So I guess that maybe the comparison between Jauron and Belicheck isn't really all that foolish after all. Basically the stats that you posted supported the comparison that some people have been making all along. If you were a N.E. fan at the time that Bellicheck was hired you would have been the first one to rip the organization for hiring a perennial loser who couldn't cut the mustard in Cleveland. Is this too deep for you to comprehend?

pats-were-right
05-23-2006, 11:37 AM
My two cents:

1. Who the heck cares if Jauron's 2002 Bears played in Champaign, Ill? That's within their fan area last time I checked. It's not as if they were playing in Milwaukee or Detroit.

2. That Lions team Jauron took over didn't exactly come alive.

Bulldog
05-23-2006, 11:48 AM
My two cents:

1. Who the heck cares if Jauron's 2002 Bears played in Champaign, Ill? That's within their fan area last time I checked. It's not as if they were playing in Milwaukee or Detroit.

2. That Lions team Jauron took over didn't exactly come alive.

1.) Who really cares if the 1995 Browns, who were playing in their home stadium, were going to move at the end of the season? What does this have to do with the performence on the field that year? I was simply making an excuse for the Bears poor season in 2002 much like a certain poster here was for the Browns poor display in 1995.

2.) Did you really expect a team that was playing out the string to come alive and respond to an interim coach? Was he supposed to change the culture of the team in a couple of weeks with only meaningless games remaining on the schedule?

pats-were-right
05-23-2006, 12:01 PM
1.) Who really cares if the 1995 Browns, who were playing in their home stadium, were going to move at the end of the season? What does this have to do with the performence on the field that year? I was simply making an excuse for the Bears poor season in 2002 much like a certain poster here was for the Browns poor display in 1995.

2.) Did you really expect a team that was playing out the string to come alive and respond to an interim coach? Was he supposed to change the culture of the team in a couple of weeks with only meaningless games remaining on the schedule?

You can't compare my #1 with your #1. If anything you can compare my #2 with your #1. Remember also that Jauron was an assistant with that crappy Lions team for the whole year.

I just see no evidence that Jauron knows how to be a head coach other than that one season in whcih they got on a roll (and were 1 and out in the playoffs btw).

Mr. Pink
05-23-2006, 12:06 PM
Yeah, and when you did post the records of both without taking out Belicheck's worst season they were actually pretty similar. But you had to use the 1995 season as an excuse as to why their records were pretty close in terms of wins and losses. So I guess that maybe the comparison between Jauron and Belicheck isn't really all that foolish after all. Basically the stats that you posted supported the comparison that some people have been making all along. If you were a N.E. fan at the time that Bellicheck was hired you would have been the first one to rip the organization for hiring a perennial loser who couldn't cut the mustard in Cleveland. Is this too deep for you to comprehend?

Yes, completely alike! We had to trade a top draft pick to get DICK to be our coach! DICK has SB rings from his assistant coaching days! DICK won a playoff game! I have seen the light, thanks for clearing it up for me. DICK was a huge commodity in the coaching market, we lucked out. End Sarcasm, End Assinine discussion.

Mr. Pink
05-23-2006, 12:10 PM

AS YOU CAN SEE I COMPARED THE RECORDS OF THEIR ENTIRE CAREER COACHING, MINUS BELICHICK IN NEW ENGLAND. SO PERHAPS, YOU NEED TO COMPREHEND AND READ BEFORE COMMENTING.

JAURON 36-49 BELICHICK 36-44

I TYPED IN CAPS SO MAYBE YOU'LL GET IT BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY LOWER CASE DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU.

Bulldog
05-23-2006, 12:19 PM
Yes, completely alike! We had to trade a top draft pick to get DICK to be our coach! DICK has SB rings from his assistant coaching days! DICK won a playoff game! I have seen the light, thanks for clearing it up for me. DICK was a huge commodity in the coaching market, we lucked out. End Sarcasm, End Assinine discussion.

So now you have to trade your top pick to get a coach thats worth anything? And all those SB rings sure did Belicheck a lot of good in his first go around in Cleveland right? And now that you have agreed to stop posting in this thread, I would agree that the assinine discussion is over.

Bulldog
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM
AS YOU CAN SEE I COMPARED THE RECORDS OF THEIR ENTIRE CAREER COACHING, MINUS BELICHICK IN NEW ENGLAND. SO PERHAPS, YOU NEED TO COMPREHEND AND READ BEFORE COMMENTING.

I TYPED IN CAPS SO MAYBE YOU'LL GET IT BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY LOWER CASE DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU.

And when you did, the records were pretty similar. But you had to make excuses as to why the records seemed so close with regards to wins and losses. Just explain why you felt it necessary to even mention the 1995 season with the Browns. Truth be told, it was a weak attempt to skew the numbers to benefit your argument. But I woulnd't expect anything less from you. So predictable.

justasportsfan
05-23-2006, 12:25 PM

I TYPED IN CAPS SO MAYBE YOU'LL GET IT BECAUSE OBVIOUSLY LOWER CASE DIDN'T WORK FOR YOU.Did BB have an injured team and a season where he didn't have a home game so to speak? amazing how you left that out. Comparing coaches who were in a very different circumstance and ignoring other things just so you can make your point. I also didn't recall BB having problems w/ his GM like Dick had w/ De Angelo . Just so remember BB had Saban as his DC and yet wasn't as successful as you make him out to be while he was at Cleveland.

No one is saying he's the next BB but like I said, pessimists like you talk like you're right even before a snap is being made .

Goobylal
05-23-2006, 02:01 PM
Anytime you need to resort to "well if you take out this season...," you've already lost the argument. I could sit here and say that Mularkey is a winning coach, if you take out last year, but I won't make such a ridiculous statement. It only gets worse when you take out the best year for one coach and the worst year for another to prop-up an otherwise weak argument. Were there extenuating circumstances for each coach? Probably, so admit it and don't make yourself look like a major hypocrite because your position was exposed as a weak one.

The_Philster
05-23-2006, 03:21 PM
Anytime you need to resort to "well if you take out this season...," you've already lost the argument. Yeah...because your argument becomes Wysian :lol: