• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Vikings, Chiefs accused by NFL Union

Mankato, MN (Sports Network) - The Minnesota Vikings and Kansas City Chiefs have been accused by the NFL Players Association, claiming the teams may have engaged in collusion while negotiating contracts with their first-round draft picks.

The union states that the Minnesota and Kansas City franchise may have had illegal knowledge of the signing bonus offered to a player chosen after the Chiefs picked Ryan Sims with the sixth selection and Bryant McKinnie was chosen seventh by the Vikings.

Story here: Vikings/Chiefs

I think that if a rookie won't take any reasonable offer he should sit. IMO the Vikings are doing the right thing. Let McKinnie sit.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Sabre Ally
    • Jul 2002

I think the key word there is reasonable. Apparently the NFLPA defines that word differently than the rest of us. Are they going to accuse every team of collusion that offers a player a lower signing bonus than a lesser pick got?

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

can it be proven?
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

Working...
      X