PDA

View Full Version : Does Lebeau want to be here

don137
02-13-2003, 07:21 AM
The fact that Lebeau still hasn'tmade up his mind about coming to the Bills kind of tells me he doesn't really want to be here. He is either not into it coaching wise or is holding out for something better. I feel if he takes the job in Buffalo he is settling. Supposedly the Bills were waiting for the results of the 49ers job to see if Lebeau will take the job. That has been decided for a few days now and he still hasn't made up his mind. Is that sending a bad message to the Bills brass or does it not matter?

Pride
02-13-2003, 07:43 AM
I have thought about this also. Do we really want someone who doesnt really wanna be here?

I almost feel like he is screwing us a little too. He is holding out for better offers, rather than going to someone who actively wants him.

Bulldog
02-13-2003, 07:50 AM
Really, what other options does this guy have at this point? Rumor has it that he was really hoping that the DC from Chicago got the 49ers opening so he could join his close friend Dick Juron in Chicago. If I were TD, I would tell him either you are in, or your not. Enough of this waiting game already. It's not like this guy is a hot commidity.

kgun12
02-13-2003, 09:36 AM
Look he isn't really screwing us, we are adding a position for him. He has been very upfront with the Bills and TD. He told them he was looking for a DC job. There might still be some college job's out there. I look at it this way, if we get him he adds experience to the staff, if not nothing lost.

WG
02-13-2003, 09:48 AM
Seems to me that he's using us as only "only if I don't get another offer" backburner plan.

If I were TD I'd be at least a little bit insulted. As well, it depends if this goes on for another month. If it goes on much longer, it really doesn't send a clear message. What it does mean is that LeBeau would only be taking this job and I'm sure he'd be keeping his ear to the wall for future openings w/ other teams.

Seems to me this is purely an employment thing for LeBeau and not b/c he apparently thinks Buffalo is a great place/organization to be. If that weren't the case, then I think he'd have taken this offer by now. He clearly wants some other position, presumably as a D.C. or H.C. and if that's the case, I really have to question how much he's gonna really contribute here for a year or two in a position that we created that this FO has done just fine w/o for lo these many years.

Pride
02-13-2003, 10:25 AM
Is he really dumb enough to think he will get a HC job after being fired from cincy? I think he needs 2 years to regroup and clear the air.

That can be in Buffalo.

TedMock
02-13-2003, 11:10 AM
I think he's considering retirement or at least some "time off". I think the idea of working with Jauron in Chicago was appealing to him. I guess he coached Jauron at one point and they're still buddies. I think he's interested in the Buffalo gig but it was definately his 2nd choice and understandably so. I don't think it's wrong or insulting to Buffalo that they're his 2nd choice. Most of us would prefer to work with a good friend first, right? It's more a question of "do I really feel like coaching again?" I may be wrong, that's just the way I was taking this whole thing.

justasportsfan
02-13-2003, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Wys Guy
Seems to me that he's using us as only "only if I don't get another offer" backburner plan.

If I were TD I'd be at least a little bit insulted. As well, it depends if this goes on for another month. If it goes on much longer, it really doesn't send a clear message. What it does mean is that LeBeau would only be taking this job and I'm sure he'd be keeping his ear to the wall for future openings w/ other teams.

Seems to me this is purely an employment thing for LeBeau and not b/c he apparently thinks Buffalo is a great place/organization to be. If that weren't the case, then I think he'd have taken this offer by now. He clearly wants some other position, presumably as a D.C. or H.C. and if that's the case, I really have to question how much he's gonna really contribute here for a year or two in a position that we created that this FO has done just fine w/o for lo these many years.

Nothing wrong with that wys. Would you settle for less when there is a possibility that there could be something bette for you out there?

Should TD be insulted that Modrak works for us at a certain position level and run off to interview for a GM job somewhere else? I see nothing wrong with Lebeau waiting to see if there are any better offers especially since the Bills have no certain job description for him. Business is business and you have to look out for yourself.

He knows he's wanted here but if someone offers him something better, wouldn't that mean he's wanted there too?

PA Season Ticket Holder
02-13-2003, 11:51 AM
What's so wrong about holding out and trying to get a better job. If somebody offered to create a position for and gave you the chance to explore a better position, wouldn't you wait to see if anything better came up?

I do agree that he needs to make a decision, and probably by the end of the week at the latest. We've been fair to him and now he needs to decide.

I'm not real worried about the wait because it's not like it's a position we need to fill. If he comes then that's great, but if he doesn't we don't need to hire anybody else. His experience can only help the team.

Earthquake Enyart
02-13-2003, 11:54 AM
Who wants to work for a mealy mouth hillbilly?

Lebeau is what, 68? And he could still wipe the floor with manboobs.

kgun12
02-13-2003, 12:17 PM
Wys doesn't every coach or for that matter everyone keep their ear to the wall looking for something better! I think he has been upfront with TD. If TD would come out and resind the job offer or would bad mouth Lebeau for dragging his feet than we could be upset. Again nothing ventured nothing gain or in this case nothing lost.