X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

In a group of small receivers, Aiken stands out

These days, nobody would accuse the Buffalo Bills' receivers of being too tall to play the position. Nope, no Harold Carmichaels in this group. Instead, the Bills' current top five is solidified by Lee Evans (5-10, 197 pounds), Peerless Price (5-11, 190), Andre' Davis (6-1, 194), Josh Reed (5-10, 208) and Roscoe Parrish (5-9, 168). The Bills' management and coaching staff believes this miniature corps of wideouts can get the job done, but if not, it's always nice to have at least one big receiver around. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Night Train
    Retired - On Several Levels
    • Jul 2005

Re: In a group of small receivers, Aiken stands out

Little question Aiken is an excellent ST's tackler. As a backup WR, he still drops way too many passes, contrary to the article. Saw it in camp the last couple of years. Catch one, drop one, catch one, drop one.
    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
      The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
      • Feb 2005

Philster, not sure if you are an Aiken proponent or not by posting your link (or just sharing info), but I'm not sure if just being good at ST is enough to keep him on the roster anymore.
      As a WR, Aiken has had ample opportunity to play and has not been visable.

In my opinion, if he wants a roster spot it is now or never to be a WR or start thinking about his career stocking shelves at Wegmans.

But then my football accuem ranks me as a Wegmans shelf stocker anyway, so what do I know :)

Just an opinion.... :)
      In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• Kerr
        Hall of Fame Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Martin Nance is a big receiver. He could make the roster.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Kerr
          That's what I was thinking, unless Aiken is just too good a special teamer to cut. Nance looks like a better possession/red zone receiver to me, but only camp will tell.
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• bigbub2352
            • Feb 2005

Aiken is an awful receiver, i remember when we drafted him he was rated to go 6-7round and we took him in the 4th, he is very inconsistent and slow, that is why when he did get the oppurtunity to play he was stymed at the line way to much, he also drops ball alot in camp and cant get open ala limited production, let a kid play his role Marin Nance or maybe a veteran who gets cut, he is not a possession receiver by any means
            XTRA CRISPY XTRA SAUCEY

Comment

• BillsFever21
              • Aug 2004

Originally posted by keithtr
              Philster, not sure if you are an Aiken proponent or not by posting your link (or just sharing info), but I'm not sure if just being good at ST is enough to keep him on the roster anymore.

In my opinion, if he wants a roster spot it is now or never to be a WR or start thinking about his career stocking shelves at Wegmans.

But then my football accuem ranks me as a Wegmans shelf stocker anyway, so what do I know :)

You're gonna be working with Mikey?

Comment

• Goobylal
                • Jan 2004

Guys like Davis, Wilson, and Nance have as much size, if not more than Nance. They've also proven more as WR's, or have better potential than what we've seen from Aiken. Frankly I think that Davis' ST's ability, speed, size, and production make Aiken a goner.

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Kerr
                  he should have a better shot that aiken at this point. aiken has been around or 4 years and failed to make any mark on the team.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• The_Philster
                    • Jul 2002

just sharing the info. Honestly, I think he's on the bubble at best...probably will be cut. He got a start in place of Moulds last year and didn't produce anything
                    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Mr. Pink
                      Peterman Sucks!
                      • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Goobylal
                      Guys like Davis, Wilson, and Nance have as much size, if not more than Nance. They've also proven more as WR's, or have better potential than what we've seen from Aiken. Frankly I think that Davis' ST's ability, speed, size, and production make Aiken a goner.

Davis' ST ability? What ability is that exactly? To get demoted from a number 2 WR in Cleveland all the way down the pecking order then to lose his LAST role in Cleveland as KR to an UDFA college QB? Joshua Cribbs, QB from Kent St that Cleveland turned into a WR and KR beat Davis out and off the Browns roster. Which is why Cleveland traded him to New England. New England LOVES players that have multiple uses and functions yet they chose not to resign him. So please, tell me, where is Davis' ST ability?

I do agree that Davis' speed is his biggest asset though and he does have good hands. Problem is he doesn't play to his size and for some reason he doesn't have the ability to run crisp clean routes. If he stays healthy though he has 30-40 catch potential for 500 yards.
                      Last edited by Mr. Pink; 05-22-2006, 09:40 PM.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                        You're gonna be working with Mikey?

What are you talking about?
                        In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                          • Aug 2004

What are you talking about?
                          You said it qualifies you to stock shelves at Wegmans. Mikey works at Wegmans.

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            You said it qualifies you to stock shelves at Wegmans. Mikey works at Wegmans.
                            Oh. OK....

No offense intended to Mikey :)

Comment

• Goobylal
                              • Jan 2004

Originally posted by FunTimesYaY!
                              Davis' ST ability? What ability is that exactly? To get demoted from a number 2 WR in Cleveland all the way down the pecking order then to lose his LAST role in Cleveland as KR to an UDFA college QB? Joshua Cribbs, QB from Kent St that Cleveland turned into a WR and KR beat Davis out and off the Browns roster. Which is why Cleveland traded him to New England. New England LOVES players that have multiple uses and functions yet they chose not to resign him. So please, tell me, where is Davis' ST ability?
                              A Patriots fan said he was a good ST's player, as a gunner. He also had 3 KR's for 108 yards (36 average), which shows potential there if the Bills want another option besides McGee or Parrish. And he joined the Patriots with just 2 pre-season games to go, meaning he missed most of training camp and pre-season. And Bobby April likes Davis' potential.
                              I do agree that Davis' speed is his biggest asset though and he does have good hands. Problem is he doesn't play to his size and for some reason he doesn't have the ability to run crisp clean routes. If he stays healthy though he has 30-40 catch potential for 500 yards.
                              That's the most I could hope for, and would be a HUGE improvement over Aiken.

Comment

Working...
                              X