X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Everett looks to change Buffalo's tight end history

Throughout their history the Buffalo Bills have been known for a host of different individual performers. O.J. Simpson. Jim Kelly. Thurman Thomas. Andre Reed. Bruce Smith. However, one thing they haven't been known for in their 45-year history is outstanding play from their tight ends. The most productive tight end in Bills history, Pete Metzelaars, played in Buffalo between 1985-1994. The Bills have since tried to find his heir apparent, but have failed. more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: Everett looks to change Buffalo's tight end history

I think if Everett can stay healthy, he'll give us another weapon. I was surprised at his reported 4.79 40 time - he was supposed to be faster than Winslow, Jr. at Miami - and his questionable athleticism, which I thought was his strong point.

But I'd love to see him on the field this year.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Honestly, unless he shows up on the field and shows himself to be a force, I'm not all that confident about the TE being much of a weapon this year.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

tony hunter was a bust.
        Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Tinboy
          • Aug 2004

I like Everett but he needs to stay healthy. We need a good receving TE no matter what QB plays.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

That was one of the strangest articles by Conner Byrne that I've read. He sayus in effect that Everett is slow, undersized, had little production in college, has had injury problems in his short career with the Bills but he's the best hope for the Bills to have a superstar TE. OK. On the surface it sounds like a testament to TD's drafting inability. Hopefully, Everett has a little more to recommend him than Conner Byrne is reporting.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
              My battery is low and it's getting dark.
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
              That was one of the strangest articles by Conner Byrne that I've read. He sayus in effect that Everett is slow, undersized, had little production in college, has had injury problems in his short career with the Bills but he's the best hope for the Bills to have a superstar TE. OK. On the surface it sounds like a testament to TD's drafting inability. Hopefully, Everett has a little more to recommend him than Conner Byrne is reporting.
              Ding ding ding!!!! You are absolutely right!

Comment

• Gunzlingr
                • Jul 2002

What about superstar Sheldon Jackson??
                You think you're hot **** in a champagne glass, but you're really cold diarrhea in a Dixie cup!

Comment

• Turf
                  • Jul 2002

Superstar, he's barely played a down in training camp in two years...
                  Lou Saban: You can get it done, you can get it done. And what’s more, you’ve gotta get it done.

Comment

Working...
                  X