PDA

View Full Version : Everett looks to change Buffalo's tight end history

The_Philster
05-23-2006, 04:40 AM
Throughout their history the Buffalo Bills have been known for a host of different individual performers. O.J. Simpson. Jim Kelly. Thurman Thomas. Andre Reed. Bruce Smith. However, one thing they haven't been known for in their 45-year history is outstanding play from their tight ends. The most productive tight end in Bills history, Pete Metzelaars, played in Buffalo between 1985-1994. The Bills have since tried to find his heir apparent, but have failed. more (http://www.realfootball365.com/nfl/articles/2006/05/kevin-everett-bills230506.html)

Jan Reimers
05-23-2006, 04:52 AM
I think if Everett can stay healthy, he'll give us another weapon. I was surprised at his reported 4.79 40 time - he was supposed to be faster than Winslow, Jr. at Miami - and his questionable athleticism, which I thought was his strong point.

But I'd love to see him on the field this year.

The_Philster
05-23-2006, 04:58 AM
Honestly, unless he shows up on the field and shows himself to be a force, I'm not all that confident about the TE being much of a weapon this year.

SABURZFAN
05-23-2006, 05:43 AM
tony hunter was a bust. :down:

Tinboy
05-23-2006, 05:48 AM
I like Everett but he needs to stay healthy. We need a good receving TE no matter what QB plays.

TigerJ
05-23-2006, 07:25 AM
That was one of the strangest articles by Conner Byrne that I've read. He sayus in effect that Everett is slow, undersized, had little production in college, has had injury problems in his short career with the Bills but he's the best hope for the Bills to have a superstar TE. OK. On the surface it sounds like a testament to TD's drafting inability. Hopefully, Everett has a little more to recommend him than Conner Byrne is reporting.

ParanoidAndroid
05-23-2006, 05:14 PM
That was one of the strangest articles by Conner Byrne that I've read. He sayus in effect that Everett is slow, undersized, had little production in college, has had injury problems in his short career with the Bills but he's the best hope for the Bills to have a superstar TE. OK. On the surface it sounds like a testament to TD's drafting inability. Hopefully, Everett has a little more to recommend him than Conner Byrne is reporting.

Ding ding ding!!!! You are absolutely right!

Gunzlingr
05-23-2006, 06:42 PM
What about superstar Sheldon Jackson??

Turf
05-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Superstar, he's barely played a down in training camp in two years...