Earthquake Enyart
05-23-2006, 07:45 AM
That Carolina will win BOTH games in Buffalo. :eek:

THATHURMANATOR
05-23-2006, 08:15 AM
How can he make that statement?

Bufftp
05-23-2006, 10:29 AM
well it won't be the first time Melrose has been wrong.
I kinda see him picking against us as a good luck charm!

Earthquake Enyart
05-23-2006, 11:26 AM
How can he make that statement?
He made it in a hideous ganster suit with a giant mullett!!!

mchurchfie
05-23-2006, 11:49 AM
If Buffalo doesn't up their game Carolina will win the next three.:ill:

Bill Brasky
05-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Kind of like how he said Forsberg would single-handedly beat the Sabres and how Ottawa would win in 5 games?

The complete lack of respect for this team is becoming somewhat comical. Buffalo wins a game on the road against one of the best teams in the league and it's luck... they lose the next one by 1 goal, even after being outshot by almost 2 to 1 and playing perhaps their worst 40 minutes of hockey in months with 5 defensemen, and all the sudden they will lose out -- AT HOME?! Give me a f'n break. This is like saying a 500 pound fat ass will start a diet tomorrow and weight 170 by the end of the week.

They played absolutely terrible last night, it was almost painful to watch. That is to be expected when 2 of your best defensemen are not dressed.

Once they get Numminen and Tim back, combined with home ice, it will be a different story.

Sabres only had something like 19 shots and should have had 5 goals.

Carolina had 1 even strength goal (negating the crap one that Miller let in).

I am not worried.... yet.

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2006, 01:43 PM
I for one, am concerned about this series. If Teppo and Tim are not back, I am not sure if the Sabres can beat Carolina.

Bill Brasky
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I for one, am concerned about this series. If Teppo and Tim are not back, I am not sure if the Sabres can beat Carolina.

I agree.

Losing Kalinin is one thing, but to lose Numminem on top of that is basically a killer.

Michael82
05-23-2006, 02:06 PM
I'm starting to agree. It seems that the Sabres have to beat the Hurricanes AND the refs. Plus the injuries are starting to effect the team too. I hope Connolly plays tomorrow, but if not...hopefully he'll be there in game 4 when I'm there. :pray:

And either Numminem needs to be back or Kalinin. They need that defensive help badly.

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
The refs are not the problem.

Dr. Lecter
05-23-2006, 02:29 PM
And if you are going to game 4, the Sabres better win tomorrow night.

Bill Brasky
05-23-2006, 02:33 PM
The refs are not the problem.

I'm not one to ***** about the refs, but they blew some calls last night that were pretty obvious.

RockStar36
05-23-2006, 02:58 PM
They did blow some calls, but overall I put the blame on the team. That 2nd period was one of the worst periods I've ever seen.

I agree that the lack of respect is getting to be a bit comical. I know in my hometown newspaper they will put a little thing on the bottom of the front page if they win but today they had this huge picture with the bigs words "Hurricane Watch". I mean, I live near Buffalo. They should support Buffalo.

I've already heard someone say that if they play Edmonton in the Cup that Sabres will be getting off easy by playing an 8 seed.

SABuffalo786
05-23-2006, 04:53 PM
Since when doesn anyone take ESPN's opinion on hockey seriously?

RockStar36
05-23-2006, 08:52 PM
I don't think anyone does. But still...I get pissed when the highlights aren't shown for the first half hour of SC so that we can analyze each Barry Bonds at bat, pitch-by-pitch. Plus I think this thread is just to prove the point that the Sabres get no respect.

BTW...I'm pretty sure a week or two ago Melrose said that Anaheim was the strongest team left in the playoffs. What a joke he is.

YardRat
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
I'll reserve judgement until I see how the team plays tomorrow night. The first two periods last night were pretty pitiful.

Turf
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
Geez c'mon guys. We went on a 13 game winning streak and others without Connoly, Brier, Dumont, Miller.
We can beat Carolina, we already have. All we have to do is come out and be willing to take the physical hits and play our game. We're coming home for two games. Carolina left it all on the ice Monday. They don't want to be in our building tomorrow because the Sabres are mad. The last time we got mad Philly paid.

RockStar36
05-23-2006, 09:15 PM
One reason I'm fairly confident is Carolina played 60 minutes last night and Buffalo only played 20. Considering that....they lost by one. Wesley saved Ward's ass on the play. And Williams goal wasn't exactly the best one I've seen.

Regardless, if the Sabres want to hoist the cup they must play 60 minutes every night. This isn't the time to start slacking.

pyrrhonist
05-24-2006, 08:40 PM
Since when doesn anyone take ESPN's opinion on hockey seriously?

This is the same thing I say in every thread someone uses to quote an ESPN "analyst". Only use them for football, baseball, ping pong, or the spelling bee. :up:

SpillerThrills
05-24-2006, 08:45 PM
This is the same thing I say in every thread someone uses to quote an ESPN "analyst". Only use them for football, baseball, ping pong, or the spelling bee. :up:

what about curling??? that involves ice doesn't it????

Philagape
05-24-2006, 09:13 PM
:lolpoint: melrose

MTBillsFan
05-24-2006, 09:33 PM
Hey Melrose.
How does that crow taste? Would you like some maple syrup with it eh?

GO SABRES!

JD
05-24-2006, 10:39 PM
:lmao:

Bufftp
05-25-2006, 10:34 AM
well it won't be the first time Melrose has been wrong.
I kinda see him picking against us as a good luck charm!
It is easy being right when dealing with the mullet king! :up:

HAMMER
05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Melrose really needs to step out of the eighties, his whole get up is just hideous. Nice Mullet, how much hair product must this guy use?