PDA

View Full Version : Looks like JP did well today

Romes
05-23-2006, 05:26 PM
Quarterback update: J.P. Losman had perhaps his best day this offseason in the new system. He made some solid reads, particularly on some hots, and was accurate with his passes in 7-on-7 and in team work. He seemed to get more than his share of positive feedback from offensive coordinator Steve Fairchild who appeared satisfied for the most part with a lot of Losman's decisions.

Holcomb was his usual steady self. Nall is still working out some details on some reads, but had some good throws as well.

http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Ultimatley, I'll be a fan of whoever the QB is but I'm rooting for JP to win the job. I just hope he can build on this. Yes its only one practice in May but this news makes me happy anyway. :up:

ublinkwescore
05-23-2006, 05:34 PM
Come on JP, be the second coming of Jim Kelly!!!

Philagape
05-23-2006, 06:34 PM
Sorry, but if a QB sucks in his first 8 games, he'll suck forever. ;)

Romes
05-23-2006, 06:48 PM

naturally, but that doesn't mean he can't be good in practice and just give us homers some false hope :p:

TacklingDummy
05-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Atleast you admitt JP sucked last year.

OpIv37
05-23-2006, 07:42 PM

Here we go again :rolleyes:

Did you catch Losman nailing your girlfriend or something? Or maybe you asked him out only to hear him say "Whoa man, I got nothing against gays but I don't swing that way"?

Let it go already.

ICE74129
05-23-2006, 07:43 PM

Did you catch Losman nailing your girlfriend or something? Or maybe you asked him out only to hear him say "Whoa man, I got nothing against gays but I don't swing that way"?

Let it go already.

Nah you have it backwards. JP looks like his old boyfriend that dumped him.

ICE74129
05-23-2006, 07:44 PM
http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

Ultimatley, I'll be a fan of whoever the QB is but I'm rooting for JP to win the job. I just hope he can build on this. Yes its only one practice in May but this news makes me happy anyway. :up:

As long as the career loser isn't the QB we will be ahead in the game.

Philagape
05-23-2006, 09:03 PM
My point was never that he didn't suck ... it's that sucking in your first eight games is irrelevant.

RockStar36
05-23-2006, 09:04 PM
That's good news on JP.

I liked the little piece on Nall. Basically...Nall blows.

Mr. Pink
05-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Ok Nall Blows but give JP a chance?

Neither has lengthy experience as a QB in this league but you can automatically write one of the two off right now? And we that criticize JP for not showing any progression and looking like Kyle Boller get chastised and called "the sky is falling" people.

I'd love to hear the logic of this.

Gunzlingr
05-23-2006, 09:11 PM
As long as the career loser isn't the QB we will be ahead in the game.

Nall?

ublinkwescore
05-23-2006, 11:11 PM
Can you repost that a little clearer please.

billsburgh
05-23-2006, 11:36 PM
welll He did take whole month off and rest his arms and Strength his arms too.

U think Jp look good played today. Wait and see what happen Jp. He might worse out of his strength. Also he hate to played at Very hot weather at Tampa Bay last year... He willl getting better for while
WTF

Night Train
05-24-2006, 02:44 AM

I'm out of tar and feathers. :lol:

Tinboy
05-24-2006, 03:01 AM
I just hope Losman continue to mature and play better. I hope we start with him and let him play!

"Holcomb was his usual steady self."
Well he can make the throw but lacks the guts.

ddaryl
05-24-2006, 04:30 AM

Let it go already.

I don't think Losman nailed his girlfriend.... but most of us at Billszone did.... She was easy

Night Train
05-24-2006, 04:52 AM
I don't think Losman nailed his girlfriend.... but most of us at Billszone did.... She was easy
Oh great. So that was your tie on the chair ? :lol:

The_Philster
05-24-2006, 04:59 AM
Oh great. So that was your tie on the chair ? :lol:
what color was it? I seem to be missing one :scratch:

ibatiger
05-24-2006, 07:16 AM
That's good news on JP.

I liked the little piece on Nall. Basically...Nall blows.

So let's see. Losman FINALLY has a decent day and Nall blows. LOL. Nall had some nice throws? I guess Brown had to throw that in because of the TD. Oh that's right, he only mentioned who CAUGHT the td pass. If it had been Losman he would have told us. Just like he only gives the details on Nall's interceptions and doesn't mention the others. The guy is one way and I don't really care other than since he's the only guy reporting he should be thorough and accurate and unbiased. He is none of those. He's just throwing out a few comments so he can entertain us. The fact is that Losman has been struggling and if he had a good day it is probably his first. Now, he may be great from here on out, but up to this point he has been decidedly third. I am basing that on some reliable iormation that I would take over Brown's anyday. It will be nice when real camp opens and we can see for ourselves what is going on.

jmb1099
05-24-2006, 08:30 AM
What? Losman had a good day??? No way he sucks, he's awful, I could throw the ball way better than he could. he's a bust I tell ya and I knew it before he even took one snap, hell I knew he was a bust three years before he was even born. Every pass he makes that appears to be good is really just luck. The wind blows just right, a db trips and falls, gravity doesn't pull as hard in some places on the field, like I said luck. I don't need any real evidence to know he's a buuuuusssssstttttt!!!! Did you hear me I said bust like 496542127 times just so that you would. And don't ask for evidence, I have rock solid opinion and intuition to back this all up and I'll hijack every thread with his name on it just to get my point across...buuuusssstttttt!

Michael82
05-24-2006, 09:06 AM
Come on JP! You can do it. Kick everyone's ass and win the starting job. :pray:

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Come on JP! You can do it. Kick everyone's ass and win the starting job. :pray:

:beers:

But that is only 1/2 the battle. If he struggles they MUST KEEP HIM IN THERE! He MUST work through bad times/ Bad games.

Michael82
05-24-2006, 09:21 AM

But that is only 1/2 the battle. If he struggles they MUST KEEP HIM IN THERE! He MUST work through bad times/ Bad games.
Agreed. Jauron can't pull a Mularkey! Or I will be the first one to call for his head!!! :mad:

JP Losman should start for the whole season no matter what and if he sucks, then they look for a new one next year.

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Agreed. Jauron can't pull a Mularkey! Or I will be the first one to call for his head!!! :mad:

JP Losman should start for the whole season no matter what and if he sucks, then they look for a new one next year.

If the TEAM helps the kid out (you know like the TEAM helped Rothlesburger in Pittsburgh) he will be fine. All I want is for him to improve throughout the season. If he does that I feel we have our QB for the next 10 years. Now go fix the rest of the team!

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 10:40 AM
If the TEAM helps the kid out (you know like the TEAM helped Rothlesburger in Pittsburgh) he will be fine. All I want is for him to improve throughout the season. If he does that I feel we have our QB for the next 10 years. Now go fix the rest of the team!

If Rothlesburger played the way JP played, Pitts. would of switched back to Maddox.

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 10:45 AM

yeah, because throwing for 75 yards in back to back games is so good for JPs confidence.

And a great Moral booster for the rest of the team.

Michael82
05-24-2006, 11:18 AM
If Rothlesburger played the way JP played, Pitts. would of switched back to Maddox.
I totally disagree. Roethlisberger played like **** at times, especially the end of his rookie year. But the team stuck with him and they all helped to make him look better.

Kerr
05-24-2006, 12:05 PM
I have a feeling jp is going to be the starter when it's all set and done.

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 12:24 PM
yeah, because throwing for 75 yards in back to back games is so good for JPs confidence.

Ok we got it already, JP looks like the Boyfriend that just dumped you. Drop it.

JP gets any semblance of the help roth got in Pitt and we are in great shape. Ben wouldn't have done SH@! in Buffalo and would now be labled a bust.

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I totally disagree. Roethlisberger played like **** at times, especially the end of his rookie year. But the team stuck with him and they all helped to make him look better.

Mike, ingnore the guy. He is just another disgruntled Bledsoe fan.

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 12:40 PM
Mike, ingnore the moron. He is just another disgruntled Bledsoe fan.

Bledsoe fan? LMAO

You know everything. And please follow the TOS rules.

Will the Admin. please do something about these personal attacks?

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 12:43 PM
JP gets any semblance of the help roth got in Pitt and we are in great shape. Ben wouldn't have done SH@! in Buffalo and would now be labled a bust.

I disagree. JP had the talent around (Moulds,Evans, McGahee) him last year to succeed but he didn't. If Holcomb could look better then a scrub QB he's been his whole career with the talent the Bills had on offense, then how come JP "Mr Potential" couldn't get the job done?

That's a reason why Losman is a worse QB than Ryan Leaf. Leaf didn't have any talent around him to succeed, JP did.

justasportsfan
05-24-2006, 01:15 PM
I disagree. JP had the talent around (Moulds,Evans, McGahee) him last year to succeed but he didn't. If Holcomb could look better then a scrub QB he's been his whole career with the talent the Bills had on offense, then how come JP "Mr Potential" couldn't get the job done?

That's a reason why Losman is a worse QB than Ryan Leaf. Leaf didn't have any talent around him to succeed, JP did.I don't care if he had TO, Moss and Harrison. You aren't gonna do much without an OL or a running game. Kelly was only "slightly" better than JP because of experience.

If KH was all that, with the talent that you stated (Moulds, evans, Willis) he would've been so much better than JP with way more experience comapred to 8 games and KH wasn't. KH isn't even sure if he'll beat out JP this year.

HHURRICANE
05-24-2006, 02:26 PM

Let it go already.

That is very funny!!!:roflmao:

Bill Brasky
05-24-2006, 02:33 PM
He made some solid reads, particularly on some hots, and was accurate with his passes in 7-on-7 and in team work.

Big deal. I'm good at 3 on 3 basketball, you don't see me in the NBA.

JP had a good camp his previous 2 years, and stunk on the field. I'll be sold when he shows up during the regular season.

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 03:08 PM
You aren't gonna do much without an OL or a running game. .

You mean that same O-line Willis averaged over 20 yards more a game with when Holcomb played?

Or that O-line that gave up 9 less sacks when the less moblie Holcomb played?

The O-line was a Johnsonite excuse now its a Losmanite excuse.

And the offense was not "slighty" better with Holcomb, it was ALOT better with Holcomb.

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 03:09 PM
JP had a good camp his previous 2 years, and stunk on the field. I'll be sold when he shows up during the regular season.

Rob Johnson also use to be a good practice QB.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2006, 03:23 PM
He made some solid reads, particularly on some hots, and was accurate with his passes in 7-on-7 and in team work.

Big deal. I'm good at 3 on 3 basketball, you don't see me in the NBA.

No offense, but comparing JP's ability to play QB to your own ability to play 3 on 3, let alone against what you're implying are other NBA players, is a bad analogy.

However, I do agree that he needs to prove himself in the season.

Also, though, I can understand why everyone is skeptical of Losman's abilities, but he is a Buffalo Bill, why not root for him?! If he sucks again, the boo his rear end out of town. They're obviously not gonna get rid of him right now, so why not hope he does well?? he may well end up being our starter, so i think every bills fan should hope he does well, as well as all the other players on the team.

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 03:25 PM
Bledsoe fan? LMAO

You know everything. And please follow the TOS rules.

Will the Admin. please do something about these personal attacks?

Aww poor poor baby, need some cheese with that whine?

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 03:27 PM
You mean that same O-line Willis averaged over 20 yards more a game with when Holcomb played?

Or that O-line that gave up 9 less sacks when the less moblie Holcomb played?

The O-line was a Johnsonite excuse now its a Losmanite excuse.

And the offense was not "slighty" better with Holcomb, it was ALOT better with Holcomb.

What was the record with JP and with holcomb? Not much. it wasnt' better. Dinking and dunking 2-3 yards per doesn't win ball games. Our 5-11 record shows that.

Bottom line, Holcomb sucks. And BTW everyone is tired of your jilted Girlfriend act towards losman.

Bill Brasky
05-24-2006, 03:32 PM
No offense, but comparing JP's ability to play QB to your own ability to play 3 on 3, let alone against what you're implying are other NBA players, is a bad analogy.

However, I do agree that he needs to prove himself in the season.

Also, though, I can understand why everyone is skeptical of Losman's abilities, but he is a Buffalo Bill, why not root for him?! If he sucks again, the boo his rear end out of town. They're obviously not gonna get rid of him right now, so why not hope he does well?? he may well end up being our starter, so i think every bills fan should hope he does well, as well as all the other players on the team.

1 - ever heard of sarcasm?

2 - if you think 7 on 7 drills in May are a decent way to guage how well a guy will play in September maybe you should work at ESPN! they seem to prefer that type of logic.

Pinkerton Security
05-24-2006, 03:41 PM

2 - if you think 7 on 7 drills in May are a decent way to guage how well a guy will play in September maybe you should work at ESPN! they seem to prefer that type of logic.
1 - yes

2 - where did i ever say how I thought JP was going to do?? i agreed with you, or maybe you didnt read it all. i think drills mean diddly-$&^!. i said he needed to prove himself in season.

TacklingDummy
05-25-2006, 08:54 AM
Bottom line, Holcomb sucks.

Bottom Line, Holcomb is better then JP.

ublinkwescore
05-26-2006, 02:36 AM

Bla Bla Bla...

:str8face:

I think coincidentally, our Oline forgot to attend those games.

ublinkwescore
05-26-2006, 02:38 AM

For the record, I don't favor that kind of logic, and I do fully and regretfully remember reading similar stuff about Rob Johnson tearing it up in practice as well.

Still, it's nice to hear stuff like this.