• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • G. Host
    Banned
    • Jul 2002

Bills: Likely To Stay Or Go?

Reporter: "How much money do you think he could make off selling those naming rights?"
    Ozanian: "I think a team like the bills, given their small market, would likely generate between two and four million dollars a season."

Nothing new - rehashing which went on before. I do not see Bills getting more than $2.5 million per year - that is $250,000 per game.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: Bills: Likely To Stay Or Go?

Originally posted by G. Host
    http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_articl...?storyid=38205
    [bReporter: "How much money do you think he could make off selling those naming rights?"
    Ozanian: "I think a team like the bills, given their small market, would likely generate between two and four million dollars a season."][/b]

Nothing new - rehashing which went on before. I do not see Bills getting more than $2.5 million per year - that is $250,000 per game.
    2.5 mill per year is 2.5 mill per year. Until Ralph just does it he has no reason to ***** about revenue sharing. Sell the rights, up the ticket sales THEN *****. the can then show Buffalo can't support the Bills without help.

Comment

• G. Host
      Banned
      • Jul 2002

Find someone willing to spend $2.5 million a year then *****.

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

Find someone willing to spend $2.5 million a year then *****.
        You yourself said "I do not see Bills getting more than $2.5 million per year - that is $250,000 per game."

Now it may be me but the words 'Not more than' = they can get that. So do it. Do SOMETHING besides ***** and whine in the press ralph.

Comment

• Ickybaluky
          • Jul 2003

$2.5M per season is pretty good, considering there is no real cost associated with earning that money other than slapping a few signs up around the stadium. Given the tax breaks the Bills get from Erie County, that is $2.5M on his bottom line.

I thought the most interesting part of the article is this statement, which I agree with wholeheartedly:

"Reporter: "Your prediction -- the Bills, will they stay or will they leave?"

Ozanian: "The Bills aren't going anywhere. They're staying in Buffalo."

For now, NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue agrees.

Reporter: "Do you believe the Bills will stay in Buffalo for at least the near future? Is that your indication?"

Tagliabue: "Yes. I don't see any reason to question that."

...the commissioner recently said the team has a unique relationship with its community, like the Packers in Green Bay, and that he would like to see that continue for years to come."

I said when this thing started there are far more attractive teams to move than Buffalo, and I agree with the Forbes Magazine writer completely. The only way the Bills move is if Ralph Wilson decides to move them, if it is up to the NFL it will be someone else.

Comment

• G. Host
            Banned
            • Jul 2002

No it doesn't mean that - I am purely calculating on viewship of games AFTER we start being seen on national tv on regular basis which we are not now since record has been so dismal. Right now is not the time to be looking to sell the name for the advertising value is at an extreme low.

The reason is the name since new ownership would have to live with the relationship rather than forge a new one. Say an owner with large stake in a corporation (i.e. Bill Gates although it would make me throw up) wanted to buy the team and rename the stadium after corporation. It is more than the money the team would earn but the marketing partner it would gain.

No one, not even Buffalo Business Journal or Forbes both which I read regularly, has printed any quotes from any companies which said they were interested in buying name of stadium.

Comment

• DraftBoy
              Administrator
              • Jul 2002

No it doesn't mean that - I am purely calculating on viewship of games AFTER we start being seen on national tv on regular basis which we are not now since record has been so dismal. Right now is not the time to be looking to sell the name for the advertising value is at an extreme low.

The reason is the name since new ownership would have to live with the relationship rather than forge a new one. Say an owner with large stake in a corporation (i.e. Bill Gates although it would make me throw up) wanted to buy the team and rename the stadium after corporation. It is more than the money the team would earn but the marketing partner it would gain.

No one, not even Buffalo Business Journal or Forbes both which I read regularly, has printed any quotes from any companies which said they were interested in buying name of stadium.

Im not sure that a widely advertised thing though either. When the Thrashers sold the rights to Phillips and it became blueland arena it wasnt broke until the offer was made and it was accepted. Im not sure the Buffalo Business Journal and especially Forbes magazine would bother reporting that type of material.
              COMING SOON...
              Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
              We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                • Jan 2004

Sabres don't seem to have any problem making money. Perhaps if the Bills want to "get out of the bottom half" they could try winning? What a crazy concept that is.

Comment

• Iehoshua
                  • Jan 2003

Tags is gone soon so his opinion isn't holding a lot of weight, IMO...

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                    • Jul 2002

What does this have to do with the Sabres?

enough with the Bills leaving stuff. It is totally out of our control.

Comment

Working...
                    X