X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tinboy
    • Aug 2004

Positive and negative things about the team right now

For me the positive thing is the secondary which looks very solid. Right now the defense got a major remodeling and we look every bit a strong as 04.

On the negative side I have to say the o-line. A lot of questions marks and I'm a little bit worried that were going to see a rerun of last year. If that's the case it doesn't matter which QB starts.
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Re: Positive and negative things about the team right now

Positive - They are not playing right now.

Negative - They won't be playing until September.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I think that besides the questions with the O line, negatives - or at least concerns - include the unsettled QB situation (although if given the opportunity to play and develop, JP should be very good); a group of smallish WRs, with no clearcut no. 2, and no real assurance that Evans can replace Moulds at no. 1; the uncertainty as to whether Spikes can come all the way back; and a young and unproven group of DTs.

Positives include a talented secondary; a solid group of veteran LBs; good talent and depth at WR and RB; a versatile and improved TE corps; and the league's best punter and ST units.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• LtFinFan66
        • Mar 2005

POSITIVE: You are not the Jets

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Tinboy
          For me the positive thing is the secondary which looks very solid. Right now the defense got a major remodeling and we look every bit a strong as 04.

On the negative side I have to say the o-line. A lot of questions marks and I'm a little bit worried that were going to see a rerun of last year. If that's the case it doesn't matter which QB starts.
          Dude you're nuts. The secondary is better, but 2 of the guys are rookies and will take their licks (remember McGee's first season at CB?) TKO is a big ? plus Fletcher and Posey are getting old. The DL still sucks. Tripplett is still the only guy really capable of starting at DT, and the two-headed monster of Denney and Kelsey doesn't scare anyone. In '04 the D had two dominant DT's, TKO and Fletcher peaking at LB, Nate at his best at CB plus experienced Milloy and Vincent... if you think the 06 D is anywhere close, you're kidding yourself.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• TacklingDummy
            Unreachable Douche
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Ialthough if given the opportunity to play and develop, JP should be very good);.
            Just like Rob Johnson and Joey Harrington were.

Comment

• OpIv37
              Acid Douching Asswipe
              • Sep 2002

Positives: a good core of young players in Losman, Evans, McGahee, McGee, Crowell etc. If these guys develop we could have a solid team for a long time to come.

Negative: lots of question marks at key positions, especially QB, OT, DT, DE, S, new coaching staff/new system, young team that lacks experience, best player coming off a severe injury (TKO)....
              MiKiDo Facebook
              MiKiDo Website

Comment

• The King
                Without me it's just Awe so
                • Jun 2004

Who is our leader on Offense? Anyone? Anyone at all?
                I remember that one fateful day when Coach took me aside. I knew what was coming. "You don't have to tell me," I said. "I'm off the team, aren't I?"
                "Well," said Coach, "you never were really ON the team. You made that uniform you're wearing out of rags and towels, and your helmet is a toy space helmet.
                You show up at practice and then either steal the ball and make us chase you to get it back, or you try to tackle people at inappropriate times."
                It was all
                true what he was saying. And yet, I thought something is brewing inside the head of this Coach.
                He sees something in me, some kind of raw talent that he can
                mold. But that's when I felt the handcuffs go on.

Comment

• MVP
                  Bring The Pain
                  • Apr 2006

Originally posted by MBBedard
                  Villarial

Comment

• billsburgh
                    • Jul 2003

Originally posted by LtFinFan66
                    POSITIVE: You are not the Jets
                    excellent point

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                      • Jan 2004

Originally posted by MBBedard
                      If the NFL start's handing out C's and A's, I'd give the C to Tim Euhus and the A to Josh Reed.

Comment

• Philagape
                        WIN NOW
                        • Jul 2002

The only two players on the roster I feel positive about are Evans and Moorman.

Everyone else is either a rookie, still developing, coming off a severe injury, disappointed last year, aging, mediocre, journeyman or just plain sucks.
                        "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                        2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• The_Philster
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                          The only two players on the roster I feel positive about are Evans and Moorman.

Everyone else is either a rookie, still developing, coming off a severe injury, disappointed last year, aging, mediocre, journeyman or just plain sucks.
                          What about Terrence McGee?
                          The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by OpIv37
                            Dude you're nuts. The secondary is better, but 2 of the guys are rookies and will take their licks (remember McGee's first season at CB?) TKO is a big ? plus Fletcher and Posey are getting old. The DL still sucks. Tripplett is still the only guy really capable of starting at DT, and the two-headed monster of Denney and Kelsey doesn't scare anyone. In '04 the D had two dominant DT's, TKO and Fletcher peaking at LB, Nate at his best at CB plus experienced Milloy and Vincent... if you think the 06 D is anywhere close, you're kidding yourself.
                            Can't disagree there. Let's just say we should be better than we were last year.

Comment

• Philagape
                              WIN NOW
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                              What about Terrence McGee?
                              I'll put him under still developing. I think he can get better as a CB. But as a KR, I'll add him to my positive list
                              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

Working...
                              X