PDA

View Full Version : Positive and negative things about the team right now

Tinboy
05-24-2006, 02:48 AM
For me the positive thing is the secondary which looks very solid. Right now the defense got a major remodeling and we look every bit a strong as 04.

On the negative side I have to say the o-line. A lot of questions marks and I'm a little bit worried that were going to see a rerun of last year. If that's the case it doesn't matter which QB starts.

Ebenezer
05-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Positive - They are not playing right now.

Negative - They won't be playing until September.

Jan Reimers
05-24-2006, 04:06 AM
I think that besides the questions with the O line, negatives - or at least concerns - include the unsettled QB situation (although if given the opportunity to play and develop, JP should be very good); a group of smallish WRs, with no clearcut no. 2, and no real assurance that Evans can replace Moulds at no. 1; the uncertainty as to whether Spikes can come all the way back; and a young and unproven group of DTs.

Positives include a talented secondary; a solid group of veteran LBs; good talent and depth at WR and RB; a versatile and improved TE corps; and the league's best punter and ST units.

LtFinFan66
05-24-2006, 05:28 AM
POSITIVE: You are not the Jets :idunno:

OpIv37
05-24-2006, 10:51 AM
For me the positive thing is the secondary which looks very solid. Right now the defense got a major remodeling and we look every bit a strong as 04.

On the negative side I have to say the o-line. A lot of questions marks and I'm a little bit worried that were going to see a rerun of last year. If that's the case it doesn't matter which QB starts.

Dude you're nuts. The secondary is better, but 2 of the guys are rookies and will take their licks (remember McGee's first season at CB?) TKO is a big ? plus Fletcher and Posey are getting old. The DL still sucks. Tripplett is still the only guy really capable of starting at DT, and the two-headed monster of Denney and Kelsey doesn't scare anyone. In '04 the D had two dominant DT's, TKO and Fletcher peaking at LB, Nate at his best at CB plus experienced Milloy and Vincent... if you think the 06 D is anywhere close, you're kidding yourself.

TacklingDummy
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Ialthough if given the opportunity to play and develop, JP should be very good);.

Just like Rob Johnson and Joey Harrington were.

OpIv37
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Positives: a good core of young players in Losman, Evans, McGahee, McGee, Crowell etc. If these guys develop we could have a solid team for a long time to come.

Negative: lots of question marks at key positions, especially QB, OT, DT, DE, S, new coaching staff/new system, young team that lacks experience, best player coming off a severe injury (TKO)....

The King
05-24-2006, 11:03 AM
Who is our leader on Offense? Anyone? Anyone at all?

MVP
05-24-2006, 11:05 AM
Who is our leader on Offense? Anyone? Anyone at all?Villarial

billsburgh
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM
POSITIVE: You are not the Jets :idunno:
excellent point

Bill Brasky
05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Who is our leader on Offense? Anyone? Anyone at all?

If the NFL start's handing out C's and A's, I'd give the C to Tim Euhus and the A to Josh Reed.

Philagape
05-24-2006, 04:42 PM
The only two players on the roster I feel positive about are Evans and Moorman.

Everyone else is either a rookie, still developing, coming off a severe injury, disappointed last year, aging, mediocre, journeyman or just plain sucks.

The_Philster
05-24-2006, 06:38 PM
The only two players on the roster I feel positive about are Evans and Moorman.

Everyone else is either a rookie, still developing, coming off a severe injury, disappointed last year, aging, mediocre, journeyman or just plain sucks.
What about Terrence McGee?

ParanoidAndroid
05-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Dude you're nuts. The secondary is better, but 2 of the guys are rookies and will take their licks (remember McGee's first season at CB?) TKO is a big ? plus Fletcher and Posey are getting old. The DL still sucks. Tripplett is still the only guy really capable of starting at DT, and the two-headed monster of Denney and Kelsey doesn't scare anyone. In '04 the D had two dominant DT's, TKO and Fletcher peaking at LB, Nate at his best at CB plus experienced Milloy and Vincent... if you think the 06 D is anywhere close, you're kidding yourself.

Can't disagree there. Let's just say we should be better than we were last year.

Philagape
05-24-2006, 08:22 PM
What about Terrence McGee?

I'll put him under still developing. I think he can get better as a CB. But as a KR, I'll add him to my positive list

John Doe
05-24-2006, 08:30 PM
Negatives : The second string defensive line and safties will be a little young.

Positives: Young players usually get better.

SABURZFAN
05-25-2006, 06:43 AM
positive-marv levy's back.people will laugh about his age but the guy is still sharp when it comes to football.50 years of knowledge.

negative-ralph wilson.the Old Fart and butler get into a finger pointing battle through Cap Hell.then,the senile,old b@$t@rd hires an arrogant @$$hole who tell the fans to "save your stamp."

Bills fans deserve better than that.let's hope marv can turn it around again. :up:

DraftBoy
05-25-2006, 08:47 AM
Positive-WR, RB, P, KR/PR, Overall team depth

Negatives-CB, DL, OL, TE, QB

At CB im still not sold that McGee is ever going to develop into a shutdown or playmaking corner, and with Nate definetly leaving next season and Youboty still a year or two away from really be ready to contribute its a weak spot.

DL we only have 1 good DE and 1 good DT. I think Williams may be good at DT, and I hope McCargo surprises me, but I think Williams may see more PT this season. Kelsay/Denney at DE is just a cluster****.

OL is more of my wait and see approach on this one. I like the players we have there and Im excited about what they can do. I like the new addittions and hope Gibson can show us why he was a 1st rounder. If the line gels and Gibson can push Gandy it woud be a huge boost for us.

TE we have no real starter and while I have fairth in Everett he has to stay healthy. If we dont have Everett in there I dont see anybody else being productive.

QB this may be the most idiotic posistion on this team at this moment. We have a 1st round pick we've never given a shot too and may never get a real shot. A teams throw away garbage who while consistent cant carry a team or make plays, and lastly we picked up another teams development project and he may end up being our starter! I miss spoke earlier, this is our cluster****.

Mr. Pink
05-25-2006, 11:59 AM
Positive - Everyone has the same record right now

Negative - Come November we'll be in the bottom quarter of the league record wise.

bledslow
05-25-2006, 12:06 PM
positives -holcomb(maybe clements,even though pats receivers make him look foolish)

negatives-everything else

Jan Reimers
05-25-2006, 12:38 PM
Just like Rob Johnson and Joey Harrington were.
I wish I had your clairvoyance and certainty but, alas, I am old and very aware of my shortcomings.