PDA

View Full Version : How many cathes will the Evans/Price Tandem make in 2006?

Mahdi
05-24-2006, 10:04 AM
Assuming all the other variables hold up (O-line, QB, running game) I think Evans and Price will combine for 150 catches in 2006. 90 for Evans and 60 for Price. I think this tandem is very comparable to the Holt/Bruce tandem in St-Louis, so IMO this offense will give our receivers the opportunity to be successful since their strenghts are that they are all good route runners and fast which is what Fairchild has always worked with. The video they have up on BB.com is also encouraging with regards to Price.

justasportsfan
05-24-2006, 10:07 AM
I still think our qbs will depend highly on either Reed and Parrish. Jp will dump off a lot of his passes to them when in trouble. KH can only throw that far.

MVP
05-24-2006, 10:39 AM

OpIv37
05-24-2006, 10:44 AM
I'm not even convinced that Price will make the team. Either way, we've got too many questions at QB and OL to make a good guess.

Stewie
05-24-2006, 07:56 PM
evans and price = bruce and holt?

ROTFL

maybe when bruce and holt were eighteen.

The_Philster
05-24-2006, 08:01 PM
I'm not even convinced that Price will make the team. Either way, we've got too many questions at QB and OL to make a good guess.
4 yrs, $10M...I'd say he'll be here. That being said, I agree. We don't know for sure who'll start at QB (though I'd say JP) nor how the OL will play

ddaryl
05-25-2006, 07:00 AM
Assuming all the other variables hold up (O-line, QB, running game) I think Evans and Price will combine for 150 catches in 2006. 90 for Evans and 60 for Price. I think this tandem is very comparable to the Holt/Bruce tandem in St-Louis, so IMO this offense will give our receivers the opportunity to be successful since their strenghts are that they are all good route runners and fast which is what Fairchild has always worked with. The video they have up on BB.com is also encouraging with regards to Price.

You're being a little too generous. We don't know if we have QB's capable of getting the football to these 2 150 times in a season.

I believe Peerless will be better then most expect, and Evans has greatness in him, it just a 90 catch season for Evans is a tall order with EM gone IMO. Evans will probably have more like 70 catches at best. Peerelss will probably be more like a 50 catch WR in 2006.

EDS
05-25-2006, 11:19 AM

Agreed on Price.

I think Evans will do well as long as the QB position does not totally fall apart. Probably a shade over 1000 yards on the season.

BuffaloBillsStampede
05-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Evans and Price are not in the same universe as Holt and Bruce my friend. Evans can be nasty with JP at the helm, but Price is not anything to be proud of.

Mudflap1
05-25-2006, 03:01 PM
90 total.

Jon

Jan Reimers
05-25-2006, 03:39 PM
100 total. Evans 100, Price 0.

Mahdi
05-25-2006, 05:13 PM
Why is it that everyone is so down on Price? How is he different from when he was here before? Playing with Michael Vick is not a receiver friendly environment. There has not been ONE receiver with more than 64 catches in Vick's career and that was Price. He's fast, smart, a good route runner, and gets open. Im sure he can be the same as he was before he left, QB situation pending.

Crisis
05-25-2006, 05:30 PM

Mudflap1
05-25-2006, 05:55 PM
My beef isn't so much with the receivers as it is with the whole offense. Our offensive line, while it may improve, has been a mess for years. While I think there may be some improvements, I'm assuming they will be mediocare at best/struggle until they prove us otherwise. The quarterback situation is up in the air at best, with no sure "franchise" quarterback. I just don't see this year as a big year for passing numbers. The hope is that by the second half to last quarter of the season there is improvement on the offensive line, and a quarterback emerges as the true starter that starts clicking and gets in a groove with everybody.

Bottom line: don't expect big numbers. That doesn't necessarily correlate to bad play from the receivers.

Jon

Jeff1220
05-25-2006, 06:02 PM
I'd love to see Price get enough production to qualify him for the Comeback Player of the Year award. :pray:

EDS
05-25-2006, 06:09 PM
Why is it that everyone is so down on Price? How is he different from when he was here before? Playing with Michael Vick is not a receiver friendly environment. There has not been ONE receiver with more than 64 catches in Vick's career and that was Price. He's fast, smart, a good route runner, and gets open. Im sure he can be the same as he was before he left, QB situation pending.

Mostly because he is a full 3 seasons removed from his one productive season - a season in which he clearly benefited from playing second fiddle to Moulds. So fast forward to now, he is older, has had injuries and was more or less tossed in the garbage by two teams. To expect him to return to form is a lot to ask.

Honestly, I have higher expectations for Andre Davis.

Drive 4 Five
05-25-2006, 08:14 PM

No freakin' way bro. They'll have at least 568.

SABURZFAN
05-26-2006, 01:04 AM
I think Evans and Price will combine for 150 catches in 2006. 90 for Evans and 60 for Price.

i'll take the under.

Mr. Pink
05-26-2006, 06:18 AM
Mostly because he is a full 3 seasons removed from his one productive season - a season in which he clearly benefited from playing second fiddle to Moulds. So fast forward to now, he is older, has had injuries and was more or less tossed in the garbage by two teams. To expect him to return to form is a lot to ask.

Honestly, I have higher expectations for Andre Davis.

And when exactly has Andre Davis had a productive season? I as a Browns fan would love to know, because I sure as hell never saw one. And obviously neither did the Browns organization.

ddaryl
05-26-2006, 06:22 AM
Personally I think Price is a shoe in to make the team. A player who has been humbled, who can play the #2 WR spot and do it well (probably not great, but better then many), and is a player definitely capable of hauling in 50 catches.

I'm glad we signed him, and I think at worst he pushes other players to be better.

ontop of this he showed up for an OTA.... I respect that.

justasportsfan
05-26-2006, 07:48 AM
While Price was running his routes, Vick was 2 steps behind him. Can't really succeed that way.

Mahdi
05-26-2006, 09:58 AM
While Price was running his routes, Vick was 2 steps behind him. Can't really succeed that way.

:lmao: Couldnt have put it better myself!

BillsFever21
05-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Evans/Price comparable to Holt/Bruce? :roflmao:

The homerism continues to pour out here.

G. Host
05-26-2006, 05:46 PM

He is NOT smart (see deal with car dealer where all he had to do was make appearances) and he has vision problems (or lies about it). Not same WR.

Mahdi
05-26-2006, 08:15 PM
Evans/Price comparable to Holt/Bruce? :roflmao:

The homerism continues to pour out here.
What Im saying is that they can become that sort of tandem. Evans is still young and has that potential, and Price has had Holt production before in his career, its not completely inconceivable

MVP
05-26-2006, 10:43 PM
How can anyone say Price lost a step? You trying to tell me just because he wasn't given the opportunity in either Atlanta or Dallas his physical skills have diminished? He's the same WR that put up 1300 yards and 9td's 3 years ago, he will have an impact on this team.

patmoran2006
05-26-2006, 10:56 PM

Evans = 75
Price = 7

BillsFever21
05-27-2006, 12:57 AM
What Im saying is that they can become that sort of tandem. Evans is still young and has that potential, and Price has had Holt production before in his career, its not completely inconceivable

Holt has been great for years. Price had one good season. Plenty of WR's have had a good season and then fell off the face of the earth. It's not the first time. It's not inconceivable that Price will be like he was most of his career outside of one great season either. He has had 1 great and 1 mediocre season out of 9. The rest have been average at best.

Also, Holt has been the main man for years and still dominates. Price was a #2 in a pass happy offense. There isn't any comparison between the two.

BillsFever21
05-27-2006, 12:59 AM
How can anyone say Price lost a step? You trying to tell me just because he wasn't given the opportunity in either Atlanta or Dallas his physical skills have diminished? He's the same WR that put up 1300 yards and 9td's 3 years ago, he will have an impact on this team.

Price was paid multi millions of dollars and was the #1 WR in Atlanta. I think that is being given the opportunity. He just failed in his opportunity.

They gave up a 1st round pick, paid him about 20 million dollars and made him the #1 WR. That's not giving the guy a chance?

The_Philster
05-27-2006, 04:59 AM
Price was paid multi millions of dollars and was the #1 WR in Atlanta. I think that is being given the opportunity. He just failed in his opportunity.

They gave up a 1st round pick, paid him about 20 million dollars and made him the #1 WR. That's not giving the guy a chance?
Say what you will about his overall QBing ability, but Bledsoe is far better than Vick in terms of passing ability. Not saying QBing was the only reason for Price's decline in play, but it's foolish to say it had no part

Mahdi
05-27-2006, 06:16 PM

Again, Vick has NEVER had a receiver with more than 64 receptions in his career and that was Price. Price did not succeed in ATL because of Vick not because he couldnt cut it. And by the way 64 receptions playing with Vick is pretty good.

patmoran2006
05-27-2006, 06:28 PM
Why didnt he suceed in Dallas either, he was given ample opportunity and he played with Bledsoe again..

IMO, if he can stay healthy Andre Davis is going to beat him out. maybe not in week one but by the 1/3 point of the season.

Mahdi
05-27-2006, 07:32 PM
Why didnt he suceed in Dallas either, he was given ample opportunity and he played with Bledsoe again..

IMO, if he can stay healthy Andre Davis is going to beat him out. maybe not in week one but by the 1/3 point of the season.
Price joined Dallas late and was never able to catch on with their offense. Who says he was given a great opportunity in Dallas? They had two productive WRs already, Glenn and Johnson.

Mr. Pink
05-27-2006, 07:42 PM
Price joined Dallas late and was never able to catch on with their offense. Who says he was given a great opportunity in Dallas? They had two productive WRs already, Glenn and Johnson.

He did join in late but IF he showed enough during practices and such he would have earned his way on to the field at least as the 3. Which he didn't do there. Shockingly he couldn't beat out Patrick Crayton. Plus he did have the full season to grasp the offense and then show some kind of production during practices considering Dallas didn't even bother re-signing him shows he never did grasp the offense or show anything in practices.

So he did have the opportunity to stick on as the 3 but wasn't going to do any better than that, but like I said he wasn't even able to.

Mahdi
05-27-2006, 08:39 PM
He did join in late but IF he showed enough during practices and such he would have earned his way on to the field at least as the 3. Which he didn't do there. Shockingly he couldn't beat out Patrick Crayton. Plus he did have the full season to grasp the offense and then show some kind of production during practices considering Dallas didn't even bother re-signing him shows he never did grasp the offense or show anything in practices.

So he did have the opportunity to stick on as the 3 but wasn't going to do any better than that, but like I said he wasn't even able to.
Actually they are pretty high on Patrick Crayton in Dallas, he's not a nobody there.

patmoran2006
05-27-2006, 09:23 PM
Let's just leave it at Peerless has a lot to prove.
Good luck to him.

justasportsfan
05-27-2006, 09:43 PM
If Jp is our qb, Parrish and Reed will have more cathces than Price.

patmoran2006
05-27-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm not even 100% convinced Parrish is making the team.

Mahdi
05-27-2006, 11:57 PM
Let's just leave it at Peerless has a lot to prove.
Good luck to him.
Fair Enough!