PDA

View Full Version : From the morning skate according to GR

Bufftp
05-24-2006, 10:43 AM
Teppo out hopefully ready friday, jeff jislon in.
Mair cleared to play.

BlackMetalNinja
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
So Jillson is playing tonight instead of Janik? Either way, I don't expect them to see much ice time. I don't like that there has been no mention of Timmy C. lately either.

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 10:55 AM
Who is Jeff Jislon? Has he ever played?

SabreEleven
05-24-2006, 11:02 AM
Get ****ing Fitzpatrick off the ice for christ sake.

chernobylwraiths
05-24-2006, 11:10 AM
Who is Jeff Jislon? Has he ever played?

He is young and big. He has played a couple of years ago and he played for the Bruins I think.

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 11:13 AM
The depth of the team is really being tested this series, this is the 3rd different player that has been brought in to play which doesn't bode well.

chernobylwraiths
05-24-2006, 11:15 AM
Novotny might play tonight again in place of Vanek too.

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 11:19 AM
He is young and big. He has played a couple of years ago and he played for the Bruins I think.

Funny, I didn't recognize the name until you said the Bruins, now the name rings a bell.

Earthquake Enyart
05-24-2006, 11:20 AM
Funny, I didn't recognize the name until you said the Bruins, now the name rings a bell.
He is supposedly a power play speciallist who sucks at D.

:::

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Well here's his Bio
http://www.nhl.com/players/8467887.html

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 11:25 AM
He is supposedly a power play speciallist who sucks at D.

:::

I'm not quite sure he is good at either?

Earthquake Enyart
05-24-2006, 11:27 AM
He played with the Sabres before the strike. He was not impressive, however in the new NHL, he may be better, kinda like Campbell. :idunno:

Michael82
05-24-2006, 11:30 AM
The depth of the team is really being tested this series, this is the 3rd different player that has been brought in to play which doesn't bode well.
and this is exactly what many people said before the trade deadline. They didn't need any big players, but they should have tried to get a defenseman or two for depth for the playoffs. :sigh:

Patrick76777
05-24-2006, 11:43 AM
He's flat out awful. In a game against Boston before the lockout, his turnovers lead to at least 4 scoring chances.

This guy is a load. I'm not happy about it.

chernobylwraiths
05-24-2006, 11:51 AM
He's flat out awful. In a game against Boston before the lockout, his turnovers lead to at least 4 scoring chances.

This guy is a load. I'm not happy about it.

Are you saying he couldn't possibly improve in over 2 years?

LABillsFan
05-24-2006, 11:59 AM
Are you saying he couldn't possibly improve in over 2 years?

I know nothing about Jillson, but he's been in Roch the last 2 years, with only 2 games played with the Sabres this year. How good can he be? :idunno:

SpillerThrills
05-24-2006, 12:22 PM
Teppo out hopefully ready friday, jeff jislon in.
Mair cleared to play.

according to lindy's pre game comments on sabres.com he said that teppo will be a game time decision and was about 60/40 that he would play..... timmy is still day to day and mair would be available to play if he was cleared which aparently he has been....

SkateZilla
05-24-2006, 12:27 PM
honestly right now..

I'd Rather Scratch ****zpatrick and play Jillson with Campbell and Janik With Mckee, keep Tallinder and Lydman Together,

Scratch Vanek, the team plays better defense with him out (not really Vs fault he's a offensive player) Put Mair Guastad and Pyatt together..

Bufftp
05-24-2006, 12:58 PM
according to lindy's pre game comments on sabres.com he said that teppo will be a game time decision and was about 60/40 that he would play..... timmy is still day to day and mair would be available to play if he was cleared which aparently he has been....
Paul hamilton said he talked with Teppo and he said he culd not play today but hoped to friday.

Bill Brasky
05-24-2006, 01:19 PM
Paul hamilton said he talked with Teppo and he said he culd not play today but hoped to friday.

:ill:

SpillerThrills
05-24-2006, 01:42 PM

well that sucks!

EpiK-KA14
05-24-2006, 01:56 PM
Novotny might play tonight again in place of Vanek too.

What's wrong with Vanek? He hurt? We haven't heard anything about this down here...

Go 'Canes!

CAbills
05-24-2006, 02:28 PM
Vanek may not play just because they are not happy with his play. He would be a healthy scratch. This is getting scary depth wise, Riter has a theory that they are saying Novo is said to play now but come game time they are going to slip ole Timmy in. A theory based purely on speculation and hope and has no real merit behind it...although it would be cool for that to happen. :xmas:

EpiK-KA14
05-24-2006, 02:58 PM
Vanek may not play just because they are not happy with his play. He would be a healthy scratch. This is getting scary depth wise, Riter has a theory that they are saying Novo is said to play now but come game time they are going to slip ole Timmy in. A theory based purely on speculation and hope and has no real merit behind it...although it would be cool for that to happen. :xmas:

Maybe it's partly for selfiish reasons (he'll help you guys) but mostly it's for his own health reasons that I hope Connelly doesn't skate. Erik Cole has been back skating with the 'Canes for several days now, but I'd be pissed off royally if he tried to come back too soon. There are certain talented players you simply cannot risk their careers for a couple of playoff games...

SkateZilla
05-24-2006, 04:29 PM

Vanek has been floating alto the past few games, instead of playing D he floats at teh blue line and waits for a pass alot,, Jiri plays better Defense than V, some news company said ruff sat him after the 2-1 loss to Ottawa on a part of his play, which is bull because he played ALot better Defensivly than Vanek,

Briere - Hecht - and Dumont will be going nuts