PDA

View Full Version : DT, OTA Day 3 and Willis

justasportsfan
05-24-2006, 02:01 PM
DT'S: Looking at how things are shaping up at defensive tackle, the nose job is Tim Anderson's to lose.

I'd like to reserve final judgment until I see all these guys with pads on in this system, but right now if I had to make an educated guess about how things will shake out in September... I would say Tim Anderson holds onto the nose tackle role playing there on first and second down. Then McCargo replaces him on passing downs to play next to Tripplett.

In other passing down situations I could see McCargo spelling Tripplett and Williams or someone else manning the nose. Truthfully there is going to be so much rotation in this system that who starts won't matter nearly as much as it did in the past.

Even though McCargo and Williams have raised the level of talent at the position, they're still missing that stud nose tackle that every team would love to have. They're hard to find even though in this system you only need a 320 to 325 pound guy. The reason why is ideally he needs to be able to run well and cover ground in this pursuit-oriented scheme.

OTA DAY 3: Sam Aiken watched today's workout as he apparently has a sprained thumb and wrist.

Robert Royal made a couple of nice grabs today including a touchdown catch in the back of the end zone during 7-on-7 red zone work.

Kevin Everett one upped him however, with a circus catch over the middle. Craig Nall threw him a pass a bit high and behind him, but Everett reached back behind himself and over his head to snare the ball one-handed and pull it in while still running and while covered well. It was a catch that drew 'oohs' from the players watching. He contorted his body to do it. Wouldn't mind seeing more of that.

The NFL Europe guys were dressed for practice, but didn't do a whole lot as coach Jauron has stressed that he wants them to focus on mentally absorbing the plays and terminology and rest their bodies this week coming off an NFL Europe season.

Fred Jackson is wearing #45, DL Tai Tupai #65 and kicker Nick Setta #13.

Looks like Craig Ochs suffered an injury in the season finale in Europe and will not be able to play in the World Bowl. Tough break for the quarterback who had a nice second half of the season.

More ..... http://buffalobills.com/blog/?blogger_id=1

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 02:10 PM
DT'S: Looking at how things are shaping up at defensive tackle, the nose job is Tim Anderson's to lose.

I'd like to reserve final judgment until I see all these guys with pads on in this system, but right now if I had to make an educated guess about how things will shake out in September... I would say Tim Anderson holds onto the nose tackle role playing there on first and second down. Then McCargo replaces him on passing downs to play next to Tripplett.

That spells disaster. Marv took a backup instead of a starter at DT. We will pay greatly for it this year.

This comment is stupidity 'Truthfully there is going to be so much rotation in this system that who starts won't matter nearly as much as it did in the past.'

You MUST have two guys that can carry the load most of the time. To me this staff is saying they will just try to BS into thinking different because they couldnt' actually get another starter.

Bunkley and Ngata would have STARTED and played well here. Marv dropped the ball in the draft.

Bill Brasky
05-24-2006, 02:13 PM
the nose job is Tim Anderson's to lose.

Don't tell that to Michael Jackson!

HEEEE HEEEE! SHIMONAYYYYY

ICE74129
05-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Don't tell that to Michael Jackson!

HEEEE HEEEE! SHIMONAYYYYY

:roflmao:

The last buffalo fan
05-24-2006, 10:12 PM
That spells disaster. Marv took a backup instead of a starter at DT. We will pay greatly for it this year.

This comment is stupidity 'Truthfully there is going to be so much rotation in this system that who starts won't matter nearly as much as it did in the past.'

You MUST have two guys that can carry the load most of the time. To me this staff is saying they will just try to BS into thinking different because they couldnt' actually get another starter.

Bunkley and Ngata would have STARTED and played well here. Marv dropped the ball in the draft.

Thanks Skoob............

Night Train
05-24-2006, 10:38 PM
Ngata had one of the worst write ups I ever read in Ourlads scouting. Couldn't move. Bunkley was playing at 284 lbs. all year and showed up with a gut, weighing 304 at the pro day.

McCargo and Williams deserve a shot and I'm sure happy with our 3 picks in the secondary. It's all a guess until the pads go on.

ICE74129
05-25-2006, 11:32 AM
Thanks Skoob............
Sorry no habla.

Jan Reimers
05-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Ngata had one of the worst write ups I ever read in Ourlads scouting. Couldn't move. Bunkley was playing at 284 lbs. all year and showed up with a gut, weighing 304 at the pro day.

McCargo and Williams deserve a shot and I'm sure happy with our 3 picks in the secondary. It's all a guess until the pads go on.
I agree, and think maybe that Triplett, Anderson, McCargo and Williams may be better than a lot of people believe - inexperience, rather than lack of ability, may be our biggest problem at DT.

Pride
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
Here is a question I have wondered for years.

Why do we rotate linemen in/out? If I were 400 lbs, I think I'd get more tired running off after 2nd down, and back on if they pick up a 1st down.

Especially if it is down in the red zone!

DraftBoy
05-25-2006, 02:07 PM
yes but you can get water and oxygen on the sideline, cant do that on the field.