• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mitchy moo
    Roways rooking ahread!
    • Sep 2005

We had a chance to take matt leinart, a franchise type QB but

We needed to stretch to get a safety. I really think that finding a franchise QB is the most important thing. You can build a good team around a franchise QB. Right now we have no one that will get us to .500 on the squad, which is really depressing.

P.S. JP went 2-9 his last year in college, Matt was 37-2 over his whole college career. Who is more likely to win again?
    Last edited by Mitchy moo; 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM.
  • ICE74129
    Legendary Zoner
    • Feb 2005

Re: We had a chance to take matt leinart, a franchise type QB but

Originally posted by Skooby
    We needed to stretch to get a safety. I really think that finding a franchise QB is the most important thing. You can build a good team around a franchise QB. Right now we have no one that will get us to .500 on the squad, which is really depressing.
    What is depressing is every stupid post you put up repeatedly.

Comment

• McGahee420
      • Jun 2005

Personally I think Matt Leinert would of sucked in Buffalo. He does not possess a strong arm and barely played games in the cold. Buffalo needs a QB with a strong arm when it comes to the colder days in Buffalo. The wind is strong and gets very cold. I just dont think Leinert would of excelled in Buffalo, and would of become a bust.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• OpIv37
        Acid Douching Asswipe
        • Sep 2002

I could have sworn we've already had this thread a million times.

1. Leinart doesn't have a strong arm, which is a liability in all the windy cold- weather games we play
        2. Leinart would not be able to contribute right away- it would be at least 2-3 years before he would help this team at all. I don't expect Whitner to make the Pro Bowl or anything, but I do expect to see him starting sooner rather than later.
        3. First round QB's are huge gambles
        4. We don't know what we have in Losman yet- why waste a draft pick on someone who can't help the team now when we might already have someone who can play that position?

Picking Whitner was a stretch, I'll agree with that. But picking Leinart would have been so incredibly dumb that I can't really find the right words to describe it. Leinart is not the second coming of Joe Montana, so let it go.
        MiKiDo Facebook
        MiKiDo Website

Comment

• McGahee420
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ICE74129
          I got some Xanaxe(however you spell it) if you need it to help you with his post.

The Dick era has begun!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
            Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
            • Jan 2004

Originally posted by McGahee420
            Personally I think Matt Leinert would of sucked in Buffalo. He does not possess a strong arm and barely played games in the cold. Buffalo needs a QB with a strong arm when it comes to the colder days in Buffalo. The wind is strong and gets very cold. I just dont think Leinert would of excelled in Buffalo, and would of become a bust.
            Yeah. Willis didn't have a strong knee and barely played games in the cold...

I don't buy the "doesn't have cold weather experience crap" unless you are a kicker/punter.

Brett Favre is from Mississippi and had a weak arm coming out of college... he did fine in Green Bay.

Comment

• mayotm
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by jfreeman

I don't buy the "doesn't have cold weather experience crap" unless you are a kicker/punter.

Brett Favre is from Mississippi and had a weak arm coming out of college... he did fine in Green Bay.
              Show me one scouting report that had Favre with a weak arm. Or could it be that you are making crap up to support your point of view?

Comment

• Devin
                The Octagon
                • Apr 2003

Matt Lienarts arm wouldnt last in frigid western ny.
                http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• McGahee420
                  • Jun 2005

I agree, but Willis did play in the Big East where you do travel to cold places such as Pitt, Morgantown, Rutgers, BC. All depends though when they are scheduled, but he had to visit there at least once. Running backs also stay alittle warmer because they move more. But Leinert doesnt seem like the type to develope a strong arm. Anyways, I just dont think he would of been a good fit though.

The Dick era has begun!

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                    • Jan 2004

Originally posted by mayotm
                    Show me one scouting report that had Favre with a week arm. Or could it be that you are making crap up to support your point of view?
                    You're right... I cannot show you a scouting report in which Favre was touted as having a "week" arm. My bad.

Comment

• mayotm
                      • Jul 2003

You're right... I cannot show you a scouting report in which Favre was touted as having a "week" arm. My bad.
                      Thank you professor for pointing out my typo, but still waiting for that scouting report.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
                        • Jul 2002

I would have thought this post was a month old but nope. Get over it already.

Comment

• ticatfan
                          The Meathead of Muslims!
                          • Jul 2002

Quincey carter just got cut by the allouettes, he is looking for a job.lol
                          Political correctness ( or cancel culture as it is called today) is a doctrine fostered by a delusional ,illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by MSM which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
                          Harry S Truman 1941.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ICE74129
                            sacrifice1
                            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• tampabay25690
                              • Feb 2004

Originally posted by McGahee420
                              I agree with you. I just wish people would understand football before they made post's just a waste of time.....
                              GO Gators!!!!!!
                              GO GATORS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X