Ebenezer
05-24-2006, 11:51 PM
Lydman
McKee
Campbell
Fitzpatrick
Jillson
Paestch or Janik

When you are down to defensemen 7-10 there might be cause for concern. Would even think of dressing a forward as a defensemen? Might send the wrong message to the players and to Carolina. This is not a good situation. Hate to be Lindy right about now. Even after all this...should they pull the series out what would they have left for Edmonton?? Miller now has to really stand out; a performance worthy of a Conn Smythe.

If I am Carolina I don't even worry about getting shots on net if McKee or Lydman are on the ice...I just run them and run them and run them. Turn this thing into a 7 game series and weaken the Buffalo defense even further.

JD
05-24-2006, 11:57 PM
I bet Numminen plays Friday.
Mair will be back, maybe move someone back to D for minimum play, time..possibly pyatt?

Bill Brasky
05-25-2006, 12:15 AM
I don't know about you guys but I am pretty concerned at this point.

Up until tonight, this team was on thin ice w/o Numminem and Kalinin... now that Tallinder is probably done this team is in some serious trouble.

Even if Teppo plays friday, he won't be at 100%, most likely forced into action out of pure necessity...

This is not good at all.

Ebenezer
05-25-2006, 12:18 AM
I don't know about you guys but I am pretty concerned at this point.

Getting?? I was concerned when Teppo couldn't finish practice the other day. This is why I haven't allowed myself to get too high for this whole thing.

LABillsFan
05-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Sounds like the Sabres are going to have to win 7-6 from now on.

Michael82
05-25-2006, 12:26 AM
:nervous:

Bill Brasky
05-25-2006, 12:28 AM
This sucks. I am really bummed at this point. I'm trying to be optimistic, but in reality, losing 3 of our best defensemen is like comitting suicide.

If this team ends up losing the series (knock on wood) the press will have a ****ing field day with Buffalo's latest "choke" job.

In the words of nancy kerrigan -- WHYYYYYYYYYYY

clumping platelets
05-25-2006, 12:35 AM
I believe I've heard Pominville's name before as being used on the blueline......if even for 1 shift, why not?

Bill Brasky
05-25-2006, 12:54 AM
I believe I've heard Pominville's name before as being used on the blueline......if even for 1 shift, why not?

All 6'0, 178 pounds of him?

Grier... even Kotalik would probably be better suited if it came down to it.

This sucks.

clumping platelets
05-25-2006, 01:02 AM
Do whatever it takes to win the game......I do not care if Biron plays on D....just win!!

Ebenezer
05-25-2006, 01:26 AM
All 6'0, 178 pounds of him?

Grier... even Kotalik would probably be better suited if it came down to it.

This sucks.
Actually, that was my first thought...Grier...hell, I would play Drury at D if I thought it would help. But if you move Grier to D and put Vanek back and juggle a little it could be done.

Bill Brasky
05-25-2006, 02:18 AM
Well... *if* Mair comes back, you could theoretically put him or Grier back there...

I wouldn't want to see that happen. I'd take my chances with any of the Defensemen before resorting to putting forwards back there.

Ebenezer
05-25-2006, 02:21 AM
Well... *if* Mair comes back, you could theoretically put him or Grier back there...

I wouldn't want to see that happen. I'd take my chances with any of the Defensemen before resorting to putting forwards back there.
I wouldn't use Mair in that spot...it's been how long since he played? He's not in game shape.

Ebenezer
05-25-2006, 02:23 AM
I bet Numminen plays Friday.
Mair will be back, maybe move someone back to D for minimum play, time..possibly pyatt?
I bet Teppo sucks it up and plays. I don't care if he can't shoot. Him at 85% beats Paetsch or Janik.

SabreEleven
05-25-2006, 12:22 PM
This is the playoffs. You play hurt in the playoff as long as you aren't dead. I miss that mentality.

Dr. Lecter
05-25-2006, 12:26 PM
With a broken arm or ankle?

I don't think so. And if Teppo can't skate because of his groin, he would be worthless.

SabreEleven
05-25-2006, 12:30 PM
With a broken arm or ankle?

I don't think so. And if Teppo can't skate because of his groin, he would be worthless.

I've been watching those stories about the playoff on OLN too much. They talk about guys can't even walk but they are out there playing. Guys begging the trainer not to report thier injuries to the team doctors. You know, the good ol'times.

Makaveli
05-25-2006, 12:38 PM
for some reason I'm not THAT worried, I mean this is going to hurt us pretty bad but I think our boys will play pretty good no matter, even if it means Janik or Paetsch, look at guys we shoved into our lineup outta nowhere, Novotny-Jillson-Janik, I thought they all played pretty well and with a LOT of heart. So I say put Janik in the lineup for Campbell-Lydman-Mckee-Fitzpatrick-Jillson-Janik defense choices, as long as they play their hearts out I think we can still take the series and not just from offense and goaltending, but some good defense as well!

Go Sabres!!!!

LABillsFan
05-25-2006, 12:46 PM
Grier? He isn't that good of a skater; lumbering is the word I would use. He is big and can be effective at forechecking and taking the body, but asking him to skate backwards, or even switch from forwards to backwards is a lot, then there's stopping on a dime, playing the point, being able to recover get into position to stick check. I don't see it happening.

The key will be to not let Carolina establish a rhythm for as long as possible, quick line changes dumping th puck, ice the puck if need be, forecheck the heck out of them, use the newbies to do that leaving the reg's to cover the counter.

LABillsFan
05-25-2006, 12:53 PM
I've been watching those stories about the playoff on OLN too much. They talk about guys can't even walk but they are out there playing. Guys begging the trainer not to report thier injuries to the team doctors. You know, the good ol'times.

I can't remember who it was, but there was a player who played with a broken leg. It may have been an NFL playoff game though. Still, back then it was clutch and grab, holding up and little interference called. Quite a different game than what we are watching. You could get away with injuries but how effect would a guy with a broken ankle be going against Staal and Co.? I'm sure the desire is there.

don137
05-25-2006, 01:06 PM
The thing that sucks is if you take the remaining four teams that are left and you throw in all of there players as healthy I am positive we would have the best team out there. Cole and Connelly are basically a wash but losing 3 out of your top 5 defensemen blows. We need for this to go 5 games and hope Anaheim can win at least 2 games to extend there series.