• Jul 2002

The Lineup at D?? :eek:

Lydman
    McKee
    Campbell
    Fitzpatrick
    Jillson
    Paestch or Janik

When you are down to defensemen 7-10 there might be cause for concern. Would even think of dressing a forward as a defensemen? Might send the wrong message to the players and to Carolina. This is not a good situation. Hate to be Lindy right about now. Even after all this...should they pull the series out what would they have left for Edmonton?? Miller now has to really stand out; a performance worthy of a Conn Smythe.

If I am Carolina I don't even worry about getting shots on net if McKee or Lydman are on the ice...I just run them and run them and run them. Turn this thing into a 7 game series and weaken the Buffalo defense even further.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • JD
    Sabres Zone
    • Sep 2003

Re: The Lineup at D??

I bet Numminen plays Friday.
    Mair will be back, maybe move someone back to D for minimum play, time..possibly pyatt?
    “You hold a players only meeting and get each guy to stand up and say what he can bring to the table... and if he doesn't, you punch him in the face.” ~~ Harry Neale, on how to fix the Sabres season.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
      Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
      • Jan 2004

I don't know about you guys but I am pretty concerned at this point.

Up until tonight, this team was on thin ice w/o Numminem and Kalinin... now that Tallinder is probably done this team is in some serious trouble.

Even if Teppo plays friday, he won't be at 100%, most likely forced into action out of pure necessity...

This is not good at all.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by jfreeman
        I don't know about you guys but I am pretty concerned at this point.

Getting?? I was concerned when Teppo couldn't finish practice the other day. This is why I haven't allowed myself to get too high for this whole thing.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• LABillsFan
          • Aug 2002

Sounds like the Sabres are going to have to win 7-6 from now on.
          I've said it before and I'll say it again, I don't repeat myself.

Comment

• Michael82
            • Jul 2002

Comment

• Bill Brasky
              • Jan 2004

This sucks. I am really bummed at this point. I'm trying to be optimistic, but in reality, losing 3 of our best defensemen is like comitting suicide.

If this team ends up losing the series (knock on wood) the press will have a ****ing field day with Buffalo's latest "choke" job.

In the words of nancy kerrigan -- WHYYYYYYYYYYY

Comment

• clumping platelets

I believe I've heard Pominville's name before as being used on the blueline......if even for 1 shift, why not?

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                  I believe I've heard Pominville's name before as being used on the blueline......if even for 1 shift, why not?
                  All 6'0, 178 pounds of him?

Grier... even Kotalik would probably be better suited if it came down to it.

This sucks.

Comment

• clumping platelets

Do whatever it takes to win the game......I do not care if Biron plays on D....just win!!

Comment

• Ebenezer
                      Give me a minute...
                      • Jul 2002

All 6'0, 178 pounds of him?

Grier... even Kotalik would probably be better suited if it came down to it.

This sucks.
                      Actually, that was my first thought...Grier...hell, I would play Drury at D if I thought it would help. But if you move Grier to D and put Vanek back and juggle a little it could be done.

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                        • Jan 2004

Well... *if* Mair comes back, you could theoretically put him or Grier back there...

I wouldn't want to see that happen. I'd take my chances with any of the Defensemen before resorting to putting forwards back there.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Well... *if* Mair comes back, you could theoretically put him or Grier back there...

I wouldn't want to see that happen. I'd take my chances with any of the Defensemen before resorting to putting forwards back there.
                          I wouldn't use Mair in that spot...it's been how long since he played? He's not in game shape.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by JD SabreFan
                            I bet Numminen plays Friday.
                            Mair will be back, maybe move someone back to D for minimum play, time..possibly pyatt?
                            I bet Teppo sucks it up and plays. I don't care if he can't shoot. Him at 85% beats Paetsch or Janik.

Comment

• SabreEleven
                              • Aug 2002

This is the playoffs. You play hurt in the playoff as long as you aren't dead. I miss that mentality.

Comment

Working...
                              X