PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush as NFL Commissioner?

TigerJ
05-25-2006, 09:18 AM
I heard it on WGR so I can't give a link. No, it hasn't happened, but Jeb Bush, governor of Florida, and brother to President Bush has been approached, and apparently did not flat turn it down.

I wouldn't think the NFL would want to be known as "Bush League" though.:coocoo:

SquishDaFish
05-25-2006, 09:30 AM
He turned it down according to espn.

Historian
05-25-2006, 09:35 AM
He should be running FEMA.

northernbillfan
05-25-2006, 09:47 AM
Link to the story is on our front page.

ICE74129
05-25-2006, 11:33 AM
I heard it on WGR so I can't give a link. No, it hasn't happened, but Jeb Bush, governor of Florida, and brother to President Bush has been approached, and apparently did not flat turn it down.

I wouldn't think the NFL would want to be known as "Bush League" though.:coocoo:

If Jeb or anyone from his fuggin family became commish, I'm done as a fan. A football man needs to be the next GM.

TigerJ
05-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Thanks for the info and updates guys, but I bet the news article doesn't give the bad pun as a bonus.

BillsNick
05-25-2006, 11:47 AM
If Jeb or anyone from his fuggin family became commish, I'm done as a fan. A football man needs to be the next GM.

I hope to god that Jeb takes the Job. :pray:

ICE74129
05-25-2006, 02:30 PM

Leave it to you to want the NFL to fail completely.

DynaPaul
05-25-2006, 04:01 PM
What an insult to even consider a knucklehead like him for the job...

Bill Brasky
05-25-2006, 04:15 PM

ZING!

Michael82
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
:puke:

Michael82
05-25-2006, 04:40 PM
What an insult to even consider a knucklehead like him for the job...
Agreed. Have they watched how ****ty of a job he has done with Florida? Have they seen all the problems in Florida? :ill:

DraftBoy
05-25-2006, 08:01 PM
Agreed. Have they watched how ****ty of a job he has done with Florida? Have they seen all the problems in Florida? :ill:

Yea you must mean all the money the state got for Hurricane relief and the emergency evac plans they have that work well for their citizens...No wait thats not it....

I got it it must be the fact that there state is in the top 3 of fastest growing economies in the US....nope not that one either....

Anyways not the political forum but I think you bashing Jeb more off of W's mistakes than that of his own.

ICE74129
05-25-2006, 08:43 PM
Yea you must mean all the money the state got for Hurricane relief and the emergency evac plans they have that work well for their citizens...No wait thats not it....

I got it it must be the fact that there state is in the top 3 of fastest growing economies in the US....nope not that one either....

Anyways not the political forum but I think you bashing Jeb more off of W's mistakes than that of his own.

What are his football qualifications vs those of say Rich McKay? Or one of the other long time guys involved in the NFL. Bush is a fuggin JOKE period.

DraftBoy
05-25-2006, 10:09 PM
What are his football qualifications vs those of say Rich McKay? Or one of the other long time guys involved in the NFL. Bush is a fuggin JOKE period.

Did you read my post? Never once did I state that he had football qualifications.

Bling
05-25-2006, 10:27 PM
Waht's the capital of Florida? Nuff said. Quit *****ing, you guys don't know anything about the guy. You only assume he's like his brother. Partisanship aside, the guy is a leader, and we don't know what he would do in office as commissioner. This isn't like him running for president. He's not going to kick JP Losman and Jeff Garcia out of the league for being a homosexual. He's not going to enforce the death penalty on Ray Lewis. I swear, some of you overreact.

Bling
05-25-2006, 10:29 PM

He has absolutely none. All he knows about is making the NFL into a way to increase oil profits, and promote his religious right ways. :rolleyes:

Obviously he has some, and he's more than qualified.

Michael82
05-25-2006, 11:08 PM
Good post! :up:

evol4276
05-26-2006, 04:21 AM
he definately said weds (I think) that there is no way in hell he'd take the job due to wanting to finish his governship which ends in '07.. so no worries about him I don't think

ddaryl
05-26-2006, 06:18 AM
The fact that this is actually a thought in another persons head angers me.

Who the hell are the Bush's and who the __ck tries to keep these bozos in important positions.

Who the hell would ever vote for a Bush for anything ?

WHO ?

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 07:53 AM
Did you read my post? Never once did I state that he had football qualifications.

Sorry, I wasn't ripping on you. My post was adding to your points.

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 07:55 AM
He has absolutely none. All he knows about is making the NFL into a way to increase oil profits, and promote his religious right ways. :rolleyes:

Obviously he has some, and he's more than qualified.

He has ZERO Qualifications. None.

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 07:56 AM

Who the hell are the Bush's and who the __ck tries to keep these bozos in important positions.

WHO ?

I will state right now I am a republican, but I can't stand the Bush family. GW is a fuggin moron.

Michael82
05-26-2006, 08:12 AM

WHO ?
Excellent post! :bf1:

Bling
05-26-2006, 03:22 PM
He has ZERO Qualifications. None.

Yeah... ok... The guy ****ing controlled a whole ENTIRE state that goes through Hurricane problems. Yet last I checked, all of our cities are still running well. Fort Lauderdale, where I live was back up in 2 weeks. Business is as usual. New Orleans is still *****ing.

I think he can handle the measly NFL after his job as a governor.

Bling
05-26-2006, 03:24 PM
I will state right now I am a republican, but I can't stand the Bush family. GW is a fuggin moron.

Yet again... what does partianship have to do with being a NFL Commissioner?

DraftBoy
05-26-2006, 04:36 PM
Yet again... what does partianship have to do with being a NFL Commissioner?

He was showing he's not a dem who just hates Republicans -> GW Bush -> All Bushes

DraftBoy
05-26-2006, 04:37 PM
Sorry, I wasn't ripping on you. My post was adding to your points.

Point taken sorry for the confusement

TigerJ
05-26-2006, 08:21 PM
Waht's the capital of Florida? Nuff said. Quit *****ing, you guys don't know anything about the guy. You only assume he's like his brother. Partisanship aside, the guy is a leader, and we don't know what he would do in office as commissioner. This isn't like him running for president. He's not going to kick JP Losman and Jeff Garcia out of the league for being a homosexual. He's not going to enforce the death penalty on Ray Lewis. I swear, some of you overreact.

Um Tallahassee?

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-27-2006, 06:01 PM
GREAT! we have a :clown: in the White House for a president now we're considering a :clown: in the NFL front office.

BillyT92679
05-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Jeb would make a fine commissioner.

DynaPaul
05-28-2006, 03:23 PM
And Condoleeza Rice... who keeps bringing up these a-hole politicians as successors for the commissioner job?

Are they trying to set the bar THAT low?

Turf
05-28-2006, 06:00 PM
Please, no more Bush's in any form of power.