Whispers around the NFL (concerning the Bills)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Romes
    • Jul 2002

Whispers around the NFL (concerning the Bills)

There were some concerns that Sam Cowart's hamstring injury is more serious than the Jets have admitted.

• There had been some concern that outside linebacker Sam Cowart's hamstring injury was worse than the Jets were letting on. Cowart was supposed to practice during the week of the Jets' first preseason game, but he didn't return to practice until after the game, and he only participated in noncontact drills at that. Given Cowart's proneness to injury lately, this may bear watching.
    • This could be a make-or-break camp for three Bills veterans: defensive end Erik Flowers, who is struggling with a neck injury, defensive end Bryce Fisher and wide receiver Jeremy McDaniel.
    • Trade rumors continue to float around Buffalo regarding running back Shawn Bryson. The thinking is that the Bills are waiting for another team to have an injury at running back, after which they can make an offer. Bryson is currently slated to be the primary backup for Travis Henry, but the Bills have two other running backs who could fill that role in Sammy Morris and Richard Huntley.
    • Don't be surprised if Bills guard Marques Sullivan supplants veteran Jerry Ostroski as the starting right guard. Ostroski remains on the physically-unable-to-perform list with a leg injury, and Sullivan has been playing very well.
    Originally posted by paladin warrior
    RALPH is drove me nut.
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Great work CalBills

Originally posted by CalBillsFan
    Don't be surprised if Bills guard Marques Sullivan supplants veteran Jerry Ostroski as the starting right guard.
    Especially if Ostroski won't take the pay cut the Bills want him to.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

• The_Philster
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by northernbillfan
      Great work CalBills

Especially if Ostroski won't take the pay cut the Bills want him to.
      there some new news? As of this morning, that was just a rumor that Donahoe and JerryO both refuted.
      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
        short bus extraordinaire
        • Jul 2002

FINALLY!!!!we have some updated news.

Originally posted by yordad
        Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Butch
          • Jul 2002

Good to see Sullivan is playing well enough to make a push for a starting position on the OL. He had no business falling to the 5th round.
          It's nice to have a real quarterback again.

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Northernbillfan: "Especially if Ostroski won't take the pay cut the Bills want him to."

Assuming the talk about Ostroski taking a pay cut is more than a mere rumor that both he and TD have denied, the pay cut idea only has merit if Ostroski is bumped from the starting position. I can see the logic of a pay cut if Jerry O can't cut it as a starter any more, but the reverse doesn't work. A demotion from the starting position is nonsense as punishment for not taking a pay cut.
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• MissBuffalo
              Quiddity
              • Jul 2002

I don't think the Bills should trade Bryson. IMO he is and can only get better.
              See me here pushing you
              If I then deny I do
              Contemplate or wish away
              If I ask you not to stay

Comment

Working...
              X