PDA

View Full Version : Hurricanes Forecheck

SabreEleven
05-25-2006, 11:12 AM
is awesome and killing our defense. I have to hand it to them. They are relentless and hitting all of our guys in sight.

It is scaring me even more now that our D-man are falling like flies. Let's hold it together and get a win on Friday and go from there.

The only problem I'm having with the hitting by them is that they have a tendacy to leave their feeet when they hit and it isn't getting called.

BillsNick
05-25-2006, 11:16 AM
They do have a pretty effective forecheck, but damn if we didn't knock them on their a$$' in the second period! I saw more hurricanes laid out on the ice in that period, than the whole series. :rockout:

LABillsFan
05-25-2006, 11:24 AM
It's much different initiating the hits rather than taking them. The Sabres did a good job of that last night. Jillson McKee, Grier, Max was even hitting. So now we know that Carolina is going to be trying to steal the game Friday, the Sabres know it, let's see how they respond.

BillsNick
05-25-2006, 01:15 PM
Was that Roy that got nice fist to the face of Staal?

And Ryan Miller threw a little jab to the face of somebody when they were all in the net

LABillsFan
05-25-2006, 01:26 PM
Was that Roy that got nice fist to the face of Staal?

And Ryan Miller threw a little jab to the face of somebody when they were all in the net

The refs are letting most of the little skirmishes go. See how the game starts out, if they call it the same way, continue it. A little face wash here and there can really get under a players skin. The Sabres just have to initiate and not react.

Michael82
05-25-2006, 01:36 PM
They do have a pretty effective forecheck, but damn if we didn't knock them on their a$$' in the second period! I saw more hurricanes laid out on the ice in that period, than the whole series. :rockout:
That 2nd period was the best hockey i have seen the Sabres play against the Hurricanes. They were taking the Hurricanes off their game and were hitting ferociously! It was awesome!

BillsNick
05-25-2006, 01:53 PM
That 2nd period was the best hockey i have seen the Sabres play against the Hurricanes. They were taking the Hurricanes off their game and were hitting ferociously! It was awesome!

I know, it was like hit after hit after hit after hit.....SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael82
05-25-2006, 02:12 PM
I know, it was like hit after hit after hit after hit.....SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!
exactly! The crowd was going nuts.

Oh and again, props to the fans. They did a great job supporting the team yesterday. Even when Carolina scored the first goal, the crowd starting chanting Let's Go Buffalo! and they did it after another goal too. Much different than Game 4 against the Senators when the crowd got quiet after a goal.

EpiK-KA14
05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
We've got a good forecheck, we just need some more size to go with it. That's why we miss Cole so much.

And yea, you guys kicked our butt in that second period. Hopefully we'll put together a solid 60 minutes tonight. If we don't take this game, I don't see us beating you 3 straight to take the series...

Go' Canes!

SabreEleven
05-26-2006, 01:04 PM
We've got a good forecheck, we just need some more size to go with it. That's why we miss Cole so much.

And yea, you guys kicked our butt in that second period. Hopefully we'll put together a solid 60 minutes tonight. If we don't take this game, I don't see us beating you 3 straight to take the series...

Go' Canes!

Agreed, tonight's game is monstrous.