X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oldno711
    • Mar 2004

Pittsburgh

This is a random question, but has anyone on here ever been to Pittsburgh? We're planning a trip up there in September for the UVA-PITT game but had no idea of where to stay (what area/streets are close to the nightlife/party scene).

Thanks

btw - Go Sabres
    Last edited by oldno711; 05-25-2006, 01:51 PM.
  • Jeff1220
    H to the 12:20
    • Jul 2002

Re: Pittsburgh

I've been there to run a marathon. I don't really know enough to help you out, but I saw some pretty cool looking neighborhoods while I was running. The hills in Pitt are really nice too. But the freeways suck - poorly marked exits that come up way to quickly. If you end up going over one bridge by accident, you might have to go for a while before you can turn it back around. That's all I got for you.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

Pittsburgh is a blast. Lots of great places to drink. The area is all hills and water. I really like the town.

Of all the visiting fans who come to Bills games, Steeler fans are the best in my book. I've had some great tailgates with Steeler fans. Good people.

If the Bills aren't doing anything during a given season, I root for the Steelers.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• ghz in pittsburgh
        • Aug 2004

To be close to actions, you can stay in either southside or downtown hotels. The strip district and southside has lots of nice bars and spots. On the southside, you may take the incline to go up to Mt. Washington, sitting in one of those nice restaurants and have a grand view of the 3 rivers and downtown Pittsburgh.

Comment

• BFLOBILLSBURGH
          • Mar 2005

I live in Pittsburgh. I am originally from Buffalo. I have lived here for 3 years now. The best place to stay in Pittsburgh is the Sheraton at Station Square.

go to the tourism- hotel part.

Station Square is nice- lots of bars and restaurants, but it is the closest location to the Southside of Pittsburgh. That is the best bar district in Pittsburgh. I should be at that game. The tailgate parties for the Pitt games are a blast - last year Pitt - Irish was a great tailgate in the parking lot. The game wasn't much- blowout. Let me know if you need anything else.

Comment

• oldno711
            • Mar 2004

Thanks a lot for all the input. Now I'll book a couple rooms at the station square Sheraton and be done with it.

Comment

• billsburgh
              • Jul 2003

Originally posted by oldno711
              Thanks a lot for all the input. Now I'll book a couple rooms at the station square Sheraton and be done with it.

I'm not sure if they do it for the Pitt games but for the steeler games there is a boat that will take you from station square right to Heinz field and back so you dont have to worry about parking or getting to the stadium.

Comment

Working...
              X