X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bills not worried about no-show McGahee

Buffalo Bills star running back Willis McGahee attended the start of the team's off-season workout program in February. He hasn't been seen at One Bills Drive since. But his teammates and coaches can see him this week on the NFL Network, where he is co-hosting in studio with Rich Eisen from Los Angeles.
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • ddaryl
    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
    • Jan 2005

Re: Bills not worried about no-show McGahee

We all know that DJ is not going to start airing his displeasure through the media, but I refuse ot believe the Bills don't care. There just preserving the atmosphere from becoming a media circus by downplaying it.

From my point of view, I can't respect him (WM).

Dedication is the drive necessary to win championships, WM is not dedicated IMO. Working out is not dedication either, its part of the dedication process, but working out at the U of M last year didn't seem to make WM a stronger player, or a better on field leader.

In fact he took a big step back. Great players, and true leaders rise up when the team is down and find ways to make things happen. WM just followed the team down the path, bad OL and all, WM just gave up last year IMO.

please don't go off on a STFU about WM tirade, because my feeling can only be changes by WM himself. if I'm going to pay good money to watch/support a team I am extremely passionate about, then that passion needs to be matched in effort.

I would also like to know the names of all the vets who have not shown up for OTA's, as i will judge each one of them in a similiar fashion. These players get paid millions and anyone getting payed that much should be more then motivated enough to attend at least 1/2 of the Offseason workouts. I just cannot understand how others think its no big deal. I think OTA participation is a very obvious display of charachter type.

Comment

• ICE74129
      Legendary Zoner
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by ddaryl
      We all know that DJ is not going to start airing his displeasure through the media, but I refuse ot believe the Bills don't care. There just preserving the atmosphere from becoming a media circus by downplaying it.

From my point of view, I can't respect him (WM).

Dedication is the drive necessary to win championships, WM is not dedicated IMO. Working out is not dedication either, its part of the dedication process, but working out at the U of M last year didn't seem to make WM a stronger player, or a better on field leader.

In fact he took a big step back. Great players, and true leaders rise up when the team is down and find ways to make things happen. WM just followed the team down the path, bad OL and all, WM just gave up last year IMO.

please don't go off on a STFU about WM tirade, because my feeling can only be changes by WM himself. if I'm going to pay good money to watch/support a team I am extremely passionate about, then that passion needs to be matched in effort.

I would also like to know the names of all the vets who have not shown up for OTA's, as i will judge each one of them in a similiar fashion. These players get paid millions and anyone getting payed that much should be more then motivated enough to attend at least 1/2 of the Offseason workouts. I just cannot understand how others think its no big deal. I think OTA participation is a very obvious display of charachter type.
      Here is what makes willis so pathetic....Nate Clements has participated. of all the people with a legit reason not to be here (potential injury keeping him from getting his big payday/a future contract in general) he is the guy.

Willis should be one of the #1 guys here busting his ass with his team. Instead he is out making an embarrassment of himself on National TV. His workouts at Tha U suck. Its BS. He isn't in any better shape than his 1st year here. In fact he got in worse shape last offseason down there.

I hope marv puts him at 2nd string this year then parts ways with him

Comment

• ICE74129
        Legendary Zoner
        • Feb 2005

And let me add I back Ddaryl on this point to....What is DJ supposed to say? Call him out in the press and look like an arse? Teams don't do that. Jeff Lurie and Co in Philly had all the reason in the world to call TO the POS he was, but they didn't.

You just don't do that in the NFL.

Comment

• mybills
          81 st zoner
          • Jul 2002

Willis looked like he had a lot of fun winning the skidoo race, and the obsticle course!
          I didn't come here to fight, I hate fighting. Life is way too short to spend it on fighting! Go fight with yourself, one of you will eventually win!

Comment

• Tinboy
            • Aug 2004

How bright is WMG? Can he learn the playbook fast enough? He did the same things last year and it didn't do him any good.

Comment

• Buckets
              • Jun 2003

This pisses me off! This is supposed to be a proffessional football player. The lack of dedication is an insult to the rest of the players in camp. He is becoming a big mouth check colector waiting for free agency. I hope that someone else can step up in camp. Screw Willis

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                • Jul 2005

I'm in. He's not giving us much reason to like him. If he tries a holdout, I hope Marv tells him where to go. I just don't get it. these minicamps are not exactly large time commitments. not really a lot to ask.
                Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• ryjam282
                  Offical Billszone Starting QB
                  • Mar 2003

Come on guys. The majority of the guys from the "U" don't attend off season workouts. They all go back to the "U" and work out. This has been the norm for some years now. Sure, some of them attend the camps but a majority of them go back to school and workout with each other. There workout regimine has been commented on how tough it is as well.

Willis will be fine, he will be in shape.

Ryan Withey
                  Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• don137
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by ryjam282
                    Come on guys. The majority of the guys from the "U" don't attend off season workouts. They all go back to the "U" and work out. This has been the norm for some years now. Sure, some of them attend the camps but a majority of them go back to school and workout with each other. There workout regimine has been commented on how tough it is as well.

He will be in shape physically but mentally he will be way behind everyone in learning the playbook and based on how dumb he appears to be he will be be behind everyone else. Instead of perfecting the playbook he will be learning it when training camp opens

Comment

• RockStar36
                      Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                      • Sep 2004

He'll be fine. Watch.

D & S Sports

Comment

• McGahee420
                        • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ryjam282

Im sure he will be, and by no means I dont think it is a bad thing, but there is a new coach and new system being implemented. I think it is way more important to learn this system and get to know the new staff, instead of working out with his "U" buddies. When everyone else knows the staff and the system when he finally starts participating, and he doesn't, it is going to stall the process until his arse gets it down. He is going to slow things down. It makes it seem like he is only out for himself and not the best intrest of the team.

West Virginia Mountaineers- Sugar Bowl Champions!!!!!

The Dick era has begun!

"I just want one before I die"

Comment

• RockStar36
                          Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
                          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ICE74129
                          Here is what makes willis so pathetic....Nate Clements has participated. of all the people with a legit reason not to be here (potential injury keeping him from getting his big payday/a future contract in general) he is the guy.
                          So...when did Nate show? Must have been after Monday?

D & S Sports

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                            • Jul 2005

Read this article: http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial...26/2010111.asp

It talks about Brad Cieslak's tireless work to improve in Buffalo all winter, and then finishes with a discussion about Willis not reporting for these offseason camps.

It really puts Willis' behavior in perspective. Can you imagine how good he'd be for this team if he took Cieslak's approach? Same goes for the other guys who didn't show.
                            Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Mitchy moo
                              Roways rooking ahread!
                              • Sep 2005

I personally think that Willis is an animal and likes to have fun. Jim Kelly, Andre reed and Bruce Smith used to go out all night all the time (right before the SB as well) and they partied hard as well. We shouldn't hold that against Willis as long as he can perform and do his job. His job is to help us win games and run his *ss off. If he wants that big contract, no problem just run for 1,900 yards and get us in the playoffs.

If he steps up and does it this year and keeps his mouth shut, keep him.

Comment

Working...
                              X