PDA

View Full Version : Some of you really want to get rid of Mcgahee?

Kerr
05-26-2006, 12:37 PM
Who would you replace him with?

justasportsfan
05-26-2006, 12:44 PM
Not me. I'll wait til the end of this season. Everyone on this team was a cancer either on or off the field. Willis was productive in the first part of the season and I think was one of the top rb's in the league until the drama unfolded.

No unit on this team except for ST was put in a situation to succeed. We'll see who steps up this year. Then we'll weed out the rejects.

RexFerrin
05-26-2006, 12:46 PM
Who would you replace him with?

RB's are a dime a dozen in the draft. Or they could tag and trade him. Isn't his deal up after the season anyways?

Don't Panic
05-26-2006, 12:50 PM
I'd use the 1st rounder we get for dealing him to fill his void, or a FA, or make a deal for someone like Duece, who is unexpectedly now a backup. There will be options when the time comes.

SquishDaFish
05-26-2006, 01:11 PM
I would wait this season and see what comes of this poss holdout. And if so see you and draft a RB period.

ublinkwescore
05-26-2006, 01:23 PM
I don't want to get rid of him.

I think people are trying to read too much into things.

I saw some of him on the NFL Network - at least you can understand him - unlike Roscoe - god forbid that he gets on there.

I have no doubt that when his contract is up, he'll be gone if we don't franchise him and keep him. we didn't have much of a line in front of him - Barry Sanders in his prime would have had trouble behind our line.

Bill Brasky
05-26-2006, 01:29 PM
I don't know ublink... Barry had the ability to make plays happen... everything I saw last year from Willis shows me he couldn't give a crap if he had a 5 yard run or not, he didn't try to make anything happen.

Barry's lines weren't all that great either.

justasportsfan
05-26-2006, 02:14 PM
those who want him gone,don't worry .Here's your replacement
http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.jsp?FILE_300=http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/bills/demand/06billsfocus/052606jackson.rm&proto=rtsp

Dont drink the water
05-26-2006, 02:18 PM
If we can get something for Willis, take it.
He does not want to play for Buffalo and is only obligated for 2 years including this one.
Another Tom Donahoe mistake and one which a number of coaches were unhappy about.

Saratoga Slim
05-26-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't want him traded yet. I just want him to step up and make full use of his potential. We've got a roster with some major question marks, and the only way we'll see anything good come out of the season is if the squad develops as a TEAM, and sets up a system into which we can plug a few more key players next offseason for a run in 2007. It would be a lot more encouraging if the supposed stars on our roster would show up in Buffalo and show that they give a s*** about implementing that system as quickly as possible.

Offseason, especially when you're implementing a whole new offense, is about a lot more than getting in shape, which is all Willis can possibly accomplish working out in FL.

Same goes for the other players that didn't show.

RockStar36
05-26-2006, 02:57 PM
Did I seriously just see that someone thinks the Bills could get a 1st rounder for Willis? Are you kidding??

Travis Henry was worth a 3rd.
Corey Dillion was worth a 2nd.

If the Bills trade Willis they won't get enough in return to replace him. I think everyone is jumping all over him for multiple reasons.

A) They are bored and need something to ***** about in the off-season.
B) They want a scapegoat when whining about vets not going to the OTA's.

I saw a whole list of people who didn't show, yet Willis is the only one getting crap for it. If you want to whine about vets not showing, be consistent and start about 12 other bash threads for those players.

Jan Reimers
05-26-2006, 03:32 PM
We have no one to replace him at this point. It's like a job - don't quit until you have a better one lined up.

Long term, I don't see Willis as a Levy-type guy. So I think the Bills will draft his replacement, and sooner rather than later.

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 03:34 PM
Willis is over hyped, over rated and a punk to boot. Ship his worthless ass out. Go with A train and Gates this year. Draft or sign a good RB in this next offseason, then make the playoffs.

Mr. Pink
05-26-2006, 03:55 PM
Why do we wanna get rid of the BEST player period on our offense? Because he didn't attend a VOLUNTARY workout? Are you serious? We have no viable alternative at running back and without this guy we'd be in for a longer year than we already in store for. You think A-train can carry the load? Ha. When was the last time he did that for any team?

Get rid of a guy who's able to run for over a 1000 yards in the recent past, not 4 years ago, for a plethora of question marks? Brilliance. Absolute and total brilliance.

Without Willis, this team legitimately could lose every game, period.

To quote AI "What are we talking about here? Practice! We're talking about practice! Not a game, no, not the game that I love. We're talking about practice."

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 09:13 PM
Did I seriously just see that someone thinks the Bills could get a 1st rounder for Willis? Are you kidding??

Travis Henry was worth a 3rd.
Corey Dillion was worth a 2nd.

If the Bills trade Willis they won't get enough in return to replace him. I think everyone is jumping all over him for multiple reasons.

A) They are bored and need something to ***** about in the off-season.
B) They want a scapegoat when whining about vets not going to the OTA's.

I saw a whole list of people who didn't show, yet Willis is the only one getting crap for it. If you want to whine about vets not showing, be consistent and start about 12 other bash threads for those players.

Willis is the self centered, punk of the group. His attitude is the main thing. We can all tell he doesnt' give a poo about Buffalo nor its team. He is here to make some money then move on to a team of his liking.

and your reasoning for us jumping willis are wrong as well. We are not bored, the team sucks plenty enough to ***** about and he isn't a scapegoat, He just flat sucks.

please dont try and skirt the filer -DB

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
Why do we wanna get rid of the BEST player period on our offense? Because he didn't attend a VOLUNTARY workout? Are you serious? We have no viable alternative at running back and without this guy we'd be in for a longer year than we already in store for. You think A-train can carry the load? Ha. When was the last time he did that for any team?

Get rid of a guy who's able to run for over a 1000 yards in the recent past, not 4 years ago, for a plethora of question marks? Brilliance. Absolute and total brilliance.

Without Willis, this team legitimately could lose every game, period.

To quote AI "What are we talking about here? Practice! We're talking about practice! Not a game, no, not the game that I love. We're talking about practice."

You are posting like a hystirical girl. Willis our best player on offense? Damn we suck. Time to chunk every player and start over since our best player is an over hyped and average RB.

Lose every game without willis? We only won 5 with him. To sit here and say we could lose every game if we didn't have willis, to put that much value into him is pure stupidity.

ICE74129
05-26-2006, 09:16 PM
We have no one to replace him at this point. It's like a job - don't quit until you have a better one lined up.

Long term, I don't see Willis as a Levy-type guy. So I think the Bills will draft his replacement, and sooner rather than later.

Willis is an average back. we have two more that are actually here working with the team. Dump willis

MVP
05-26-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes you can get many other rb's in the draft but, we have mutch bigger holes to fill and messing with one of our only strong points on our offense is not a great idea.
The guy doesn't go to OTA's oh no now he's a cancer, he won't learn the offense, he's gonna hold out. No
The guy is down in Miami / LA working out getting back into shape, and again he's a running back! Theres not mutch to learn for a guy who's already been in the league for 4 years. There will be different terminology, but not many other things.
Just because he's a Rosenhaus client doesn't mean he will hold out. The same speculations were going around last year at this time.
Put a line in front of the guy, let him rush for 1500+, pay the man, and then we'll see if we hear this **** anymore.

patmoran2006
05-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I dont know any nice way to say it. My mother always said if you dont have something nice to say, don't say nothing at all.

Unfortunately, I don't really like my mother too much.

Some of you are seriously challenged in your logic. Anybody who thinks we should rid ourselves of Willis McGahee, potentially one of the top RB's in the league because he isn't at "Voluntary" work outs really has some mental issues to work out.

He hasn't even played anywhere close to his best ball yet, and he still has VERY respectable numbers. Might I add with a team that's interior blocking last year was umm. not so great. (and btw, he has 2 years on his contract left, not one)

NOw perhaps in a year or likely two when he is a FA, then we'll see where we are at. But to suggest Gates would be just as good as him is ranked high among the 10 dumbest things I've ever heard in my life. (Another member here owns the other nine spots and knowing him has probably said to trade or dump him on this very thread as well)

Do you need a Barry Sanders at RB to win the NFL? No. When Willis wants/demands Sanders money then come talk to me. Until then, get a damn clue. Willis vs Gates.. lol

BillsFever21
05-27-2006, 04:15 AM
Lets dump every player who didn't attend. That will solve everything. Get real.

Although I have noticed a big difference from this season then previous years. We have a lot more no-shows this year then in the past. Over the last 4 years we had almost perfect attendance for our voluntary workouts. This year we're missing 12 players.

Are the players sick of Buffalo and losing? Do they not believe in Levy and Jauron? I'm not sure of the correct reason but I would like to know.

I want everyone here as much as the next guy. You don't go out and get rid of players for not attending a voluntary workout though. Hundreds of players miss these every year.

Historian
05-27-2006, 06:10 AM
Let's see how he does this year.

If he stinks up the joint, at the end of the season, cut him loose. RBs are a dime a dozen.

Personally, I don't honestly see him as a Bill in a Levy regime, and if his work ethic is suspect, Marv and the Coaches will act on that.

His personality and attitude remind me of two former players...Ronnie Harmon and Chris Burkett. Both had talent, but both were still jettisoned from the team under Levy.

Philagape
05-27-2006, 08:52 AM
I don't care whether he attends voluntary workouts, but I'm more concerned about the lackluster season he had last year. It's that that makes me wonder whether we made a mistake in drafting him. He was supposed to be the kind of talented RB who coulds make things happen on his own, to improvise. But last year he looked just plain average and showed questionable effort. I'm willing to give him another chance, but if he doesn't shape up, then we gotta look for a new guy next year.

ICE74129
05-27-2006, 08:53 AM
I don't care whether he attends voluntary workouts, but I'm more concerned about the lackluster season he had last year. It's that that makes me wonder whether we made a mistake in drafting him. He was supposed to be the kind of talented RB who coulds make things happen on his own, to improvise. But last year he looked just plain average and showed questionable effort. I'm willing to give him another chance, but if he doesn't shape up, then we gotta look for a new guy next year.

I care. The punk needs to be here. He hasn't established anything yet in this league.