PDA

View Full Version : I put some blame on Lindy

Ebenezer
05-26-2006, 09:05 PM
Yes, the PP was dreadful and an early PP goal may have made a world of difference but...

What was Lindy thinking?? He had Janik and Jillson together as a pair? They gave up 2 goals. Jillson was on for 3 against. That, imo, was not smart. These kids are way in over their head and they were left to learn on the fly. McKee and Lydman could have been paired with these guys and maybe Buffalo only loses 2-0 but the kids could have felt a lot better about themselves. 2 games away from the Stanley Cup and these kids are supposed to be an NHL-ready pair? Doesn't add up. They have to get Teppo back or it is over. Connolly would be a nice addition, too, but I don't see that happening.

One last thing and it is small. Why did Gaustad's line start the game? This game had so much importance and the Sabres needed to dominate the first to cover for the defense...why not start Drury/Grier or Briere's line?

One the other side I am surprised at the Carolina game plan. I would have hit Lydman and McKee until they were pulp. Then again, they didn't have to.