View Full Version : Sabres No Heart In Game 4

TKOZone
05-26-2006, 09:07 PM
Sabres looked terrible for a friday night at home. Didn't look like they cared at all and the game was so boring. Sabres are definetly in trouble going back to Carolina where they need a miracle. No fire at all and no effort. This why we have the Bills.

EpiK-KA14
05-26-2006, 09:18 PM
Hey, come on guys. I'm really surprised to see so many of you Sabre fans giving up already. Your team made it to the Eastern Conference finals. They deserve to be here, and I'm sure there isn't one player in your locker room ready to mail it in.

The series is 2-2. I'd love for it to be over in our favor, but it's not. It's now a best of three series, and both teams have had two good games and two bad ones. It could still go either way.

I'm a proud 'Canes fan, and I know you guys are proud of your Sabres. You are all too loyal to give up on your team now. Vent, but don't quit...

(Go 'Canes!)

JD
05-26-2006, 09:27 PM
You dont understand how it is to be a Buffalo fan dude.

Always heartbreaks.

We never get anything man its terrible.

Life really does suck right now. We got our asses handed to us. No Connolly, No Numminen, No Kalinin, No Mair, No Tallinder. It's just too much to overcome this time.

It's over for us, thats my gut feeling. And it hurts for damn sure.

Well, time to drink :(

nbcaffeine
05-26-2006, 09:32 PM
a drink sounds nice right about now. i still have hope, but its more that blind beyond-all-odds buffalo fan hope

EpiK-KA14
05-26-2006, 09:32 PM

Always heartbreaks.

Life really does suck right now. We got our asses handed to us. No Connolly, No Numminen, No Kalinin, No Mair, No Tallinder. It's just too much to overcome this time.

Without sounding harsh (because that's not my intention at all) maybe that's your problem. No heart. When the going gets tough, the tough mail it in...

This isn't the same Sabres team that lost in '99. There isn't a single Bill on this squad, and certainly none of the Jim Kelly era.

Sure you guys have some injuries. But don't forget, so do we. Cole gets all the press because he was by far our best player, but we're also without Vasicek who was our leading scorer last season and isn't quite 100% after blowing out his ACL early in the year. We're also without Tverdosky who's been a "healthy" scratch because he's not 100% either. He should be in there for Wallin as he's better suited for this kind of series.

Don't give up. Just check out the White Sox and Red Sox in the last couple of years as proof that bad luck streaks do come to an end eventually...

nbcaffeine
05-26-2006, 09:34 PM
yeah, after 80 some years :)

JD
05-26-2006, 09:37 PM
This was the worst game I've ever seen the Sabres play this season, how can you not lose your mind because of it??

EpiK-KA14
05-26-2006, 09:40 PM
This was the worst game I've ever seen the Sabres play this season, how can you not lose your mind because of it??

I understand that it's not easy. I felt the same way on Wednesday...

nbcaffeine
05-26-2006, 09:40 PM
"luckily" i didnt see just, just head RJs call on WGR. That softened the blow i guess. I am amped (and hoping beyond hope again) that teppo and tim are ready to come out and that danny and max and the rest of the gang are ready to play a real game on sunday.

TacklingDummy
05-26-2006, 11:20 PM
It's over.

JD
05-26-2006, 11:41 PM
It's over.
After thinking about it.. and getting over the loss tonight. I've realized its fair from over. I'll be in Carolina showing full support, screaming loud as possible...breaking glass...beating up little girls...throwing canes off the balcony and unleashing nuclear warheads in the bathrooms. We Sabres fans are just that terrible.

SABuffalo786
05-27-2006, 12:02 AM

Moan Moan Moan

Get a grip, for ****'s sake.

SABuffalo786
05-27-2006, 12:03 AM
This why we have the Bills.

You mean, the Buffalo "We haven't been relavent since the mid 90s" Bills?

Ha. Ha. Ha.

Good one, mate.

BlackMetalNinja
05-27-2006, 05:16 AM
Most of you guys are pathetic... I'm ashamed to call you fellow Sabres fans. The series is 2-2 for crying out loud... did you really expect us to come out and sweep the Canes? If you did you're bigger fools then I realized. No I'm not happy about last night's game or our injuries, but I'm not giving up on this team. Nobody expected them to be even close to where they're at from the beginning of the season, they keep surprising, why does it have to stop now?

I'm starting to think Epik is right, maybe the reason our teams collapse all the time is because the fans quit on the team FIRST! You guys are starting to look like a bunch of fairweather jackasses, which is what I've heard half of you *****ing about for the past 2 weeks when you couldn't get tickets.

slakjaw157
05-27-2006, 07:16 AM
Most of you guys are pathetic... I'm ashamed to call you fellow Sabres fans. The series is 2-2 for crying out loud... did you really expect us to come out and sweep the Canes? If you did you're bigger fools then I realized. No I'm not happy about last night's game or our injuries, but I'm not giving up on this team. Nobody expected them to be even close to where they're at from the beginning of the season, they keep surprising, why does it have to stop now?

I'm starting to think Epik is right, maybe the reason our teams collapse all the time is because the fans quit on the team FIRST! You guys are starting to look like a bunch of fairweather jackasses, which is what I've heard half of you *****ing about for the past 2 weeks when you couldn't get tickets.

:clap:

Great Post BMN, my thoughts also.

It is pretty sad when a Canes fan has to tell us not to give up on our team.

don137
05-27-2006, 08:35 AM
I am not quitting by any stretch but injuries definitely took a mental toll on the team and it affected there play. The team seemed to give up after the first goal. They seem to have the attitude we can't overcome the weakness on defense. I just hope the players realize how close they are to the cup and they may never be this close again. I hope they have a new mindset for game 6. If I gave up I wouldn't be driving 180 miles from Charlotte to Raleigh on Sunday to go to the game.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 10:31 AM

Always heartbreaks.

I hate to say it, but I agree with you man. I'm not ready to give up yet, but it really doesn't look good. Sunday is a MUST WIN game and the team better find their heart fast. :pray:

HAMMER
05-27-2006, 11:02 AM
Oh my God, that's embarassing.