PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts from the game..........

Dr. Lecter
05-26-2006, 11:24 PM
1. The defense was not to blame. Jillson did not play well, but the Sabres scored no goals. That makes it difficult to win.
2. Except for Max and Briere (maybe Hecht), the forwards were tentative. They were scared. They have to attack and let whatever happens on the other end happen. Those guys gave up the puck, but only because the tried to make something happen.
3. Miller made no great saves. You know, the type of saves needed to win the Cup.
4. The fans were pathetic. Booing this team like they did? Getting as quiet as they did? One idiot in my section needed to be clobbered. I think, when combined with his drunkeness, a little girl could have knocked him over.
5. Even on the PP, the team played scared. Get in front of the blasted net!
6. Lindy was great post-game, defending the young D-man. No need to call them out when they need to play again.
7. The beer was cold.

Ebenezer
05-26-2006, 11:30 PM
Actually, Miller made several big saves early in the 2nd or it could have been worse.

The offense tried to overcompensate for the defense and was not aggressive enough in the 'Canes zone.

JD
05-26-2006, 11:38 PM
I sort of blame Ruff..

I mean. This would be me after the 2nd period...

"Why dont you guys just quit now? Throw in the towel. You dont deserve to be here, if you disagree. Well then prove me wrong or get out."

Ebenezer
05-26-2006, 11:44 PM
I sort of blame Ruff..

I mean. This would be me after the 2nd period...

"Why dont you guys just quit now? Throw in the towel. You dont deserve to be here, if you disagree. Well then prove me wrong or get out."
how do you know he didn't say that? he went to great lengths to protect his JV defensemen.

Dr. Lecter
05-26-2006, 11:45 PM
Actually, Miller made several big saves early in the 2nd or it could have been worse.

The offense tried to overcompensate for the defense and was not aggressive enough in the 'Canes zone.

He made some nice saves in teh 2nd (and that was at the other end so mayeb they did not look as great), but he needed to stop the 2nd goal.

And you are exactly right on the 2nd point.

As for Ruff JD, niether of us were in the dressing room so we do not know what was said.

Ebenezer
05-26-2006, 11:47 PM
He made some nice saves in teh 2nd (and that was at the other end so mayeb they did not look as great), but he needed to stop the 2nd goal.

And you are exactly right on the 2nd point.

As for Ruff JD, niether of us were in the dressing room so we do not know what was said.
My only complaint with Ruff was putting Jillson and Janik together....you can lay this one on a putrid PP and an offensive that I can't describe.

Dr. Lecter
05-26-2006, 11:57 PM
Where to put those two is tough. Do you put one with McKee and the other with Ludman? Perhaps. But then you have 3 pairings with a weak link. (Campbell-Fitzpatrick being the other). Ruff was in a no-win situation.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
05-27-2006, 12:00 AM
My only complaint with Ruff was putting Jillson and Janik together....you can lay this one on a putrid PP and an offensive that I can't describe.

Jillson and Janek were on a line together down in Rochester that's the reason why they we're paired up with each other.

don137
05-27-2006, 08:42 AM
The transition game and forechecking were non existant. There seem to be no team chemistry and after the first goal by Carolina the team played like they played like a team that deserved to lose

PUCKER
05-27-2006, 08:56 AM
We have to hope that Miller continues to bounce back after a bad game,because if not...then Im afraid this season will be over. Its a MUST WIN!!!

chernobylwraiths
05-27-2006, 09:24 AM
Jillson and Janek were on a line together down in Rochester that's the reason why they we're paired up with each other.

I heard from GR that Jillson and Janel were RARELY paired together.

I thought the offense looked weak. Some of our big offensive players are just not doing ANYTHING. Hecht has done nothing offensively and Dumont seemed to have disappeared. This team needs Connelly back as much as the defensemen.

I also hate to say it because our defense has been so good at blocking shots, but too many of the goals in these playoffs have gone off our own men. It seems like Miller should tell them, "hey guys, I appreciate the help, but if you get the F out of the way then not only could I SEE the pucks, it would be easier to stop them. For the second straight game though, Miller gave up a juicy rebound right in front of the net that was put in.

Lastly, Gerber played a very good game. In pregames, GR was talking about him going in and how it might not bode well for the Sabres.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 10:29 AM
1. The defense was not to blame. Jillson did not play well, but the Sabres scored no goals. That makes it difficult to win.
2. Except for Max and Briere (maybe Hecht), the forwards were tentative. They were scared. They have to attack and let whatever happens on the other end happen. Those guys gave up the puck, but only because the tried to make something happen.
3. Miller made no great saves. You know, the type of saves needed to win the Cup.
4. The fans were pathetic. Booing this team like they did? Getting as quiet as they did? One idiot in my section needed to be clobbered. I think, when combined with his drunkeness, a little girl could have knocked him over.
5. Even on the PP, the team played scared. Get in front of the blasted net!
6. Lindy was great post-game, defending the young D-man. No need to call them out when they need to play again.
7. The beer was cold.
Good post, but I disagree about the crowd part. The fans kept trying to get into it, but the team wouldn't let them. After the Hurricanes scored the first goal, there was a big Let's Go Buffalo Chant. They even kept it up after the 2nd goal, but by the 3rd goal, the team gave up and so did the fans. Why should we kill our voices when the team doesn't even look like it wants to be out there? They looked like ****. Sloppy and just not the same Sabres we are used to seeing. I think the booing, or at least in my section was at the Refs and all the times they let Carolina get away with ****. :ill:

slakjaw157
05-27-2006, 10:50 AM
I agree they did not play well last night. But by no means is this thing over! I read the same comments after the Sabres lost to Ottawa in game 4. Look what happened the next game. I'm confident they will come out strong Sunday :pray:. I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet. This team time and time again has proved everyone wrong when people said they couldn't win. Someone will step up, they are too good of a team.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 11:18 AM
I agree they did not play well last night. But by no means is this thing over! I read the same comments after the Sabres lost to Ottawa in game 4. Look what happened the next game. I'm confident they will come out strong Sunday :pray:. I am not ready to throw in the towel just yet. This team time and time again has proved everyone wrong when people said they couldn't win. Someone will step up, they are too good of a team.
It's better for us to say that it's over now and be surprised and excited by a win, then to lose and get very disappointed. :(

YardRat
05-27-2006, 11:28 AM
I'm reserving any judgement until after game 5. You can't win every game in a series, and have to expect at least one or two losses to be lopsided. Last night's loss means nothing if we come back and win two out of three.

The team played badly...granted. Let's see if they can play better and pull out a victory in game 5 before we start looking forward to next year.

Ebenezer
05-27-2006, 11:33 AM
I heard from GR that Jillson and Janel were RARELY paired together.

They were paired up until the 3rd Carolina goal (their 2nd on the ice). Jillson (-3) and Campbell were on for the last Carolina goal.

RockStar36
05-27-2006, 11:43 AM
If I were the Hurricanes I would make sure that even single shot taken on Miller would have to be shot from the blue line. Miller has the potential to be a great goalie, but I def. get nervous when those long shots are taken on him.

Dr. Lecter
05-27-2006, 11:50 AM
Good post, but I disagree about the crowd part. The fans kept trying to get into it, but the team wouldn't let them. After the Hurricanes scored the first goal, there was a big Let's Go Buffalo Chant. They even kept it up after the 2nd goal, but by the 3rd goal, the team gave up and so did the fans. Why should we kill our voices when the team doesn't even look like it wants to be out there? They looked like ****. Sloppy and just not the same Sabres we are used to seeing. I think the booing, or at least in my section was at the Refs and all the times they let Carolina get away with ****. :ill:

If the fans were booing the refs that was stupid too. The Sabres had 4 PP, the Hurricanes 2. There was absolutely no reason to boo the refs.

And what was the chorus of boos the last two minutes of the 3rd?

I also forgot to mention the morons behind me recommending the Sabres start running the Carolina players.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 11:56 AM
If the fans were booing the refs that was stupid too. The Sabres had 4 PP, the Hurricanes 2. There was absolutely no reason to boo the refs.

And what was the chorus of boos the last two minutes of the 3rd?

I also forgot to mention the morons behind me recommending the Sabres start running the Carolina players.
They were booing in the final 2 minutes? Damn I didn't even know anyone stayed around for that. I bolted after the 4th score and it looked like most of the arena did too.

chernobylwraiths
05-27-2006, 01:18 PM
They were paired up until the 3rd Carolina goal (their 2nd on the ice). Jillson (-3) and Campbell were on for the last Carolina goal.

Context pal. I quoted someone who said that Jillson and Janek were always paired up with each other in Rochester.