PDA

View Full Version : I got an idea...

Michael82
05-27-2006, 11:31 AM
I was talking to one of my co-workers who is a big Sabres fan and he suggested something that Lindy should do. I thought it was an interesting idea....

Okay, he said that Lindy should sit Notovny or one of the other defenseman and replace him with Andrew Peters. I know, it sounds stupid. But what he said was that if you put Peters is, you put him in front of Gerber and intimidate the Hurricanes. Try to get the Canes players to do something stupid and basically stand there and try to mess with Gerber's head. See, the problem is that whenever we are in front of the goal, there is no one around to put the puck in. If you watch Carolina, they constantly have a couple guys standing right by Miller so they are ready. I think the intimidation factor would be big. Right now, the Hurricanes are intimidating the Sabres and they aren't afraid of the Sabres. If anything, the Sabres are scared themselves.

What do you guys think? :feedback:

:D

Ebenezer
05-27-2006, 11:36 AM
A guy with zero offensive talent being placed into a lineup that generated zero goals?? Standing in front of Gerber when the Sabres were unsuccessful getting the puck inside will do what?? If you expect him to stand there and screen him on 60 foot shots from the blue-line (or possibly a tip in) you might be waiting for a long time for a goal. That doesn't happen too often in the playoffs.

RockStar36
05-27-2006, 11:47 AM
Bad idea, IMO. This isn't the time to be screwin around by putting Peters into the game. This is the Eastern Conference Finals. This isn't the revenge game against the Leafs and Darcy Tucker.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 11:51 AM
Bad idea, IMO. This isn't the time to be screwin around by putting Peters into the game. This is the Eastern Conference Finals. This isn't the revenge game against the Leafs and Darcy Tucker.
I'm not saying I supported it. I just thought it was interesting. The one point he made is exactly right. We need an intimidator right now. We at least need someone to knock the Hurricane players around. The guys gotta start checking hard. Lay some Cane players to the ice. Let them know that you want that puck badly. I want to see some hard hitting and some good passing for a change on Sunday.

chernobylwraiths
05-27-2006, 01:21 PM
That is what Gaustad should be doing. Other teams have gotten 50-75% of their goals against the Sabres on screens and redirections. Unfortunately, they are almost exclusively done by our own players.

slakjaw157
05-27-2006, 02:02 PM
I'm not saying I supported it. I just thought it was interesting. The one point he made is exactly right. We need an intimidator right now. We at least need someone to knock the Hurricane players around. The guys gotta start checking hard. Lay some Cane players to the ice. Let them know that you want that puck badly. I want to see some hard hitting and some good passing for a change on Sunday.

Game 3 we hit the hell out of them, without Peters. We definately need to bang more.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 03:57 PM
Game 3 we hit the hell out of them, without Peters. We definately need to bang more.
yeah, the 2nd period of Game3 was the best I have seen them play. They were hitting so hard and took Carolina out of their game.

Michael82
05-27-2006, 03:58 PM
That is what Gaustad should be doing. Other teams have gotten 50-75% of their goals against the Sabres on screens and redirections. Unfortunately, they are almost exclusively done by our own players.
Then why isn't he? You are exactly right. All the teams are scoring on Miller by screens and redirections. Why don't the Sabres try doing that?

RockStar36
05-27-2006, 04:29 PM
After more thinking it may not be a bad idea pending a few things...

- No stupid penalties
- He would need to seriously lay it to them

And who sits in his place?

Michael82
05-27-2006, 04:31 PM
After more thinking it may not be a bad idea pending a few things...

- No stupid penalties
- He would need to seriously lay it to them

And who sits in his place?
my co-worker said he would sit Jiri Novotny.

JD
05-27-2006, 04:51 PM
Pyatt needs stronger legs.

He should be able to be imobile if he camped in front of the net due to his size but he seems to get moved around quite easily...I still say park him in front.

Ebenezer
05-27-2006, 04:55 PM
Pyatt needs stronger legs.

He should be able to be imobile if he camped in front of the net due to his size but he seems to get moved around quite easily...I still say park him in front.
Pyatt has played well but needs to step up

ILOVEMIBILLS
05-27-2006, 07:09 PM
I was thinking more on the lines of putting in Mair over Novotny

RockStar36
05-27-2006, 07:39 PM
My only question w/ that is how will Mair play. I mean, he hasn't played full speed hockey in so long and to just jump in during the ECF might be tough.

Michael82
05-28-2006, 08:11 AM
I was thinking more on the lines of putting in Mair over Novotny
That would be a good one. At least Mair knows how to hit people. :snicker:

don137
05-28-2006, 08:25 AM
The concept is good but saying it and doing it are two different things. If Peters was able to do that during the seasont then Peters would of been playing a lot more throughout the season. Pyatt and Gaustad need to step it up and park there bodies in front and lay the lumber.

chernobylwraiths
05-28-2006, 11:15 AM
The concept is good but saying it and doing it are two different things. If Peters was able to do that during the seasont then Peters would of been playing a lot more throughout the season. Pyatt and Gaustad need to step it up and park there bodies in front and lay the lumber.

"Laying the lumber" will only get them put into the penalty box. I would settle for getting them to the front of the net.